Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ladybank was an absolute treat.
    It's definitely in my top 10
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Rahm 6 clear at the memorial tests positive for COVID, what a nightmare for the lad.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    It's definitely in my top 10
    Great track and the greens were 100% blemish free.

Gamer IDs

Dukes course today. Great day. Thoroughly enjoyed the course. 32 points but couple of birdies kept me happy 😊
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Great track and the greens were 100% blemish free.
    Gives a shout if you ever fancy going back up for a game I get visitors for £20.00, I was up today was in great condition

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    Gives a shout if you ever fancy going back up for a game I get visitors for £20.00, I was up today was in great condition
    Lex gies a shout if you fancy going back up. I'd love another game there.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Anyone fancy a game through at ladybank or leven links drop me a pm
    Hacked my way around Leven yesterday.

Was a glorious day weather wise but my golf has seen better days that’s for sure.

Still we did card two birdies and I avoided the water at the last so life could have been worse

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Hacked my way around Leven yesterday.

Was a glorious day weather wise but my golf has seen better days that’s for sure.

Still we did card two birdies and I avoided the water at the last so life could have been worse
    The course is looking pretty good just now. There would have been a few hard pin positions due to club championship..

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Games gone, 31 points today and that was with two 4 pointers.

Cant drive, chipping is poor but at least the putter is still ok.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Was looking forward to using my new putter tomorrow in the heat of battle for the first time. Then today my wife tripped in Princes Street and has broken her arm. So cooking, cleaning, washing and hoovering has to take precedence. FRUSTRATING!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Was looking forward to using my new putter tomorrow in the heat of battle for the first time. Then today my wife tripped in Princes Street and has broken her arm. So cooking, cleaning, washing and hoovering has to take precedence. FRUSTRATING!!
    Thank god, i was reading that and thought you were going to say she'd tripped and snapped your putter.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thank god, i was reading that and thought you were going to say she'd tripped and snapped your putter.
    👏 she'd have been going to the hospital herself if she had 🚑

The course is looking pretty good just now. There would have been a few hard pin positions due to club championship..
    A few?

The approaches to the greens are hard enough there…Sunday was a bit bonkers as they seemed to have sought out the biggest slopes in the greens and and approaches and plonked the holes either in front or behind them.

If you like links courses though you would certainly love Leven…especially on a bright sunny day like we had.

Wouldn’t fancy playing it on a wet windy day tho!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    A few?

The approaches to the greens are hard enough there…Sunday was a bit bonkers as they seemed to have sought out the biggest slopes in the greens and and approaches and plonked the holes either in front or behind them.

If you like links courses though you would certainly love Leven…especially on a bright sunny day like we had.

Wouldn’t fancy playing it on a wet windy day tho!!
    The boy who won the Thistle club championship was 5 under par for the first 18.
    If you ever want to come back through Let me know and it’s a £20 sign on

Games gone, 31 points today and that was with two 4 pointers.

Cant drive, chipping is poor but at least the putter is still ok.
    You sound like Moray .. expect with more points

The boy who won the Thistle club championship was 5 under par for the first 18.
    If you ever want to come back through Let me know and it’s a £20 sign on
    5 under! Wow.

Obviously knowing the course would help. I’ve played it before but it’s a quality example of a course that the more you play it the more you will be able to plot your way round (rather than my half blind guesses!)

Still that’s some score!

👏 she'd have been going to the hospital herself if she had 🚑

I've hit a bit of a slump, driving like pro, still putting well but my long irons and chipping from off the green has been very poor this last week. an 83 and an 85 will see my handicap rise next week i'd imagine. Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 08.59.05.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been driving well recently with my old Ping G30 driver, but today i took the plunge and bought the new G425 from American golf because i had a £100 gift voucher not used from xmas.

Boys and their toys.

2 rounds now with Spider putter. Bounce game on Monday and medal today. Took about 9 holes Monday to be comfortable with it but since then it's been excellent, so backing up what Blackpool has said.

18 points back 9 Monday and 36 today, including 3 putts that hovered on the edge. But not missed any annoying short putts in 27 holes which for me is amazing.

I've been driving well recently with my old Ping G30 driver, but today i took the plunge and bought the new G425 from American golf because i had a £100 gift voucher not used from xmas.

Boys and their toys.
    I bought the G410 last summer. When I remember to let it do the work and swing smoothly it simply flies

2 rounds now with Spider putter. Bounce game on Monday and medal today. Took about 9 holes Monday to be comfortable with it but since then it's been excellent, so backing up what Blackpool has said.

18 points back 9 Monday and 36 today, including 3 putts that hovered on the edge. But not missed any annoying short putts in 27 holes which for me is amazing.
    Glad you are getting the benefit from the putter, The new driver just goes and goes, i'm getting 20 yards more and straighter too.

Although hoovering the car this morning and i've strained my back, bloody painful at the moment so no golf for the foreseeable.

Glad you are getting the benefit from the putter, The new driver just goes and goes, i'm getting 20 yards more and straighter too.

Although hoovering the car this morning and i've strained my back, bloody painful at the moment so no golf for the foreseeable.
    Thought you would have got the chauffeur to do that for you 🚔

Thought you would have got the chauffeur to do that for you 🚔
    Have you seen what i've spent on golf clubs recently, might have to get the bus when my back's better.

Sick of this game. Was striking my irons really good for a while and for some reason the last two times I’ve went out and played I’ve been chunking it, thinning it etc. This is compounded by now doubting myself standing over it and having too many swing thoughts. Where do I go from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Sick of this game. Was striking my irons really good for a while and for some reason the last two times I’ve went out and played I’ve been chunking it, thinning it etc. This is compounded by now doubting myself standing over it and having too many swing thoughts. Where do I go from here!!!
    That’s my golfing life…I’ve learned just to accept it and understand the next time I go out it will all change again!

There always something slightly awry and sometimes something very awry!

My driving was like your irons recently..went maybe a month of hitting lovely power fade drives more
    consistently than I have ever done then out of nowhere could hardly get a half decent drive for about two weeks…then last Sunday the controlled fade was back and I’ve hit the two best rounds of the year!

In my head I’m doing the same routine, same set up, same swing but on any given day the results are dramatically different

Sure I’ll be back to topping it off the first next time out though!

I've not played for a while due to a bad back, i played Friday and was all over the place first 9, so i just did a routine my mate does all the time. He puts his club at the ball and makes sure it's aiming where he wants the ball to go, then he gets himself lined up accordingly.

Did that for the back 9 and scored 19 points. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of going back to basics to sort it out. Did the same on Monday for all 18, and came in with 37, and that's with my back still a little tender.

I've had the same problem. A few weeks ago I was hitting my irons really well, then all of a sudden thinned and clunked everything. Nothing felt different but found I had started to stand a fraction too far away. Meant the toe of the club was slightly off the ground. Stepped forward one inch and they started to work again! Scored 41 points yesterday at Newbattle!

A frustrating game of small margins

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    ?

Played my first game of the year yesterday (struggling to find time due to work, young child and a bad back.)

A mate of mine has become a member up at Panmure. Lovely course, tricky one for the first game back after a break though.

From about the 13th hole on we had a fairly stout wind at our backs and it was good fun letting rip with the driver at this time of year. My mate has bulked up a bit and got a bigger driver since we last played together and some of his hitting was obscene - knocking it through the back of 380 yard par 4’s.

Lovely course though, a great day out and I’d recommend it to anyone.

Golf is just brilliant at this time of year.
    Last edited by Smartie; 17-07-2021 at 07:18 PM.