hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Gullan v Murray

  1. #1

    Gullan v Murray

    Just wondering if anyone saw the Raith v Dunfermline game last night and able to provide some form of update as to how Gullan and Murray played?

    Obviously saw Gullan scored 2 which is brilliant.

    Iíve always been a fan of Gullan, think heís fast, powerful and tricky and would do well for us but just doesnít seem to fit in a Jack Ross team.

    Murray Iíve never been too convinced on other than his first/second season when he was really young and looked neat and composed but I expected him to progress a lot more although I appreciate heís been injured. He always seemed to play central for the development team but 9/10 in the first team for us or Dunfermline he plays wide.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    409
    Watched the game which was highly entertaining. Fraser had a quiet game in an overrun Dunfermline midfield, also missed a great chance at 1 - 4. Jamie worked really hard and scored 2 well taken goals. His linking with others was top drawer and he formed a great partnership with Lewis Vaughan.

  4. #3
    Thought Gullan looked very good. He'll come back a much better player for us. Exciting times.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought Gullan looked very good. He'll come back a much better player for us. Exciting times.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Gullan showing good form and starting to fulfill his promise might mean Hibs being more likely to cash in on Rab C this summer if we've already got a ready made replacement.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stonehaven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    516
    I watched a fair chunk of it along with the Wales/Czech Republic game. Both teams in the Wales game were extremely ordinary and if that's the best the Czechs can do there's nothing to be terribly scared of come the Euros. The Fife derby was a far better watch and Raith were excellent, albeit the Pars were awful.

    But to answer your question, Murray was barely involved whereas Gullan featured pretty well. Their respective performances - and of their teams - were probably summed up by Fraser's awful miss from about eight yards which was immediately followed by a fine run and finish by Jamie for his second.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,572
    I see Regan Hendry got a goal and an assist for Raith. How did he look? Could he make the step up to the Premier League?

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gullan showing good form and starting to fulfill his promise might mean Hibs being more likely to cash in on Rab C this summer if we've already got a ready made replacement.
    Took me a few seconds but I got there.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due Broken Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,631
    Raith's movement was far more notable than ours generally is, so you saw Gullan far more involved in one-twos, third man runs etc than we typically see.

    In that set-up he looks pretty impressive, but that's with a style of play a good bit more fluid than Hibs'.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raith's movement was far more notable than ours generally is, so you saw Gullan far more involved in one-twos, third man runs etc than we typically see.

    In that set-up he looks pretty impressive, but that's with a style of play a good bit more fluid than Hibs'.
    Found their highlights on YouTube, as you say some of their play was excellent and the ball rarely left the ground. The boy Hendry definitely looks like he could step up a level so I hope we are looking at him, his contract expires this summer.

    https://youtu.be/ZdIYct9bpb4

  11. #10
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Regan Hendry got a goal and an assist for Raith. How did he look? Could he make the step up to the Premier League?
    Watched the full game last night and kept on saying to myself that he would be a great addition. Strong, big engine, mobile, really neat and tidy, great feet and gets stuck in as well. I'd be asking the question if i were Hibs.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    Assume Raith now have a 4g pitch didn't realise that. Thought they looked excellent and played some great stuff.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assume Raith now have a 4g pitch didn't realise that. Thought they looked excellent and played some great stuff.
    Me too. Had they picked up a few more points earlier in the season they'd have really run the Jumbos to the title. Just glad Raith are delaying the inevitable.... It wasnt supposed to be like this for the Jumbos

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Regan Hendry got a goal and an assist for Raith. How did he look? Could he make the step up to the Premier League?
    I mentioned him on the match thread - very impressive but maybe too similar in style to Newell for us to go for him.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Found their highlights on YouTube, as you say some of their play was excellent and the ball rarely left the ground. The boy Hendry definitely looks like he could step up a level so I hope we are looking at him, his contract expires this summer.

    https://youtu.be/ZdIYct9bpb4
    Regan Hendry was very good last night.
    Fantastic feet and good vision.
    Raith didn't play their big guys up front last night and were much better for it.
    The combination of Hendry, Gullan and Vaughan was excellent.
    A top league level performance by Raith which is a credit to the manager.

    Dunfermline by comparison looked a mess as they did after their two goal start at the weekend.
    Suspect Crawford will be canned at the end of the season when they don't make the play offs.
    Murray's shooting and free kick shots have been excellent in this loan spell but I haven't seen anything other than that which makes him look a better player than his current teammates. Perhaps the mess Crawford has concocted isn't helping.

    Gullan is showing he can cut it with teams at the top of the Championship which means he can at least cut it with the bottom 2 teams in the top league who are probably of a similar standard. That leaves one question to be answered next season.
    Is he a top 5 player or a bottom 5 player from the top 10 top teams in the top league?
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 31-03-2021 at 11:02 AM.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SDavey1992 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched the full game last night and kept on saying to myself that he would be a great addition. Strong, big engine, mobile, really neat and tidy, great feet and gets stuck in as well. I'd be asking the question if i were Hibs.
    His older brother was on Hibs books a few years ago and Iíd be surprised if we didnít try for Regan at that time too as thatís when he joined Celtic so he wonít be unknown to the club.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,062
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His older brother was on Hibs books a few years ago and Iíd be surprised if we didnít try for Regan at that time too as thatís when he joined Celtic so he wonít be unknown to the club.
    Ex Hutchie Vale boy
    His older brother Taylor, as you say was at Hibs, played for the development team

  18. #17
    I think Jamie still has a chance. He has the extra physicality thats needed to do it at our level. When does his current contract run out? I dont think Fraser will make it unfortunately..... just doesnt stand out at this level.

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,521
    Enjoyed the game, Raith played some really nice football.

    Pars goalie had a few ďmomentsĒ - seems a Zibi-esque character.

    Delighted for Gullan, really hope he comes back stronger and does well at the Hibees. Dunno what it is about him but I really wanna see him kick on at Hibs (more so than a few others who have flittered with the first team the past few years)

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Jamie still has a chance. He has the extra physicality thats needed to do it at our level. When does his current contract run out? I dont think Fraser will make it unfortunately..... just doesnt stand out at this level.
    I agree. Gullan was OK last night. Not sure if he has it for our league tho. It is hard to tell without a consistent run in the 1st team and I can't see him getting it at Easter Road. Possibly better moving on and playing week in and week out. Took his 2 goals well.

    I watched Murray's last 2 games. Did OK on Saturday in spells but game bypassed him last night. Again, is he going to play week in, week out? I don't think he will so likely best to move the laddie on so he can play.

    I'd put both in the Sam Stanton bracket.

    Dunfermline had a guy called Banks playing. Some lovely touches against Dundee at weekend but was hooked at half time last night. Looks like he might have something about him tho.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. Gullan was OK last night. Not sure if he has it for our league tho. It is hard to tell without a consistent run in the 1st team and I can't see him getting it at Easter Road. Possibly better moving on and playing week in and week out. Took his 2 goals well.

    I watched Murray's last 2 games. Did OK on Saturday in spells but game bypassed him last night. Again, is he going to play week in, week out? I don't think he will so likely best to move the laddie on so he can play.

    I'd put both in the Sam Stanton bracket.

    Dunfermline had a guy called Banks playing. Some lovely touches against Dundee at weekend but was hooked at half time last night. Looks like he might have something about him tho.
    Banks is young guy on loan from Crystal Palace who signed him from Dundee Utd.

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Banks is young guy on loan from Crystal Palace who signed him from Dundee Utd.
    He was impressive on Saturday against Dundee. Looks like the laddie could be a star of the future hopefully.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,062
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Banks is young guy on loan from Crystal Palace who signed him from Dundee Utd.
    Seemingly was a youth at Linlithgow Rose

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    59
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seemingly was a youth at Linlithgow Rose
    He was indeed.

    Unbelievable ability. Yes Hibs were aware of him.

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gullan showing good form and starting to fulfill his promise might mean Hibs being more likely to cash in on Rab C this summer if we've already got a ready made replacement.
    It's a nice thought but I'd be astonished if Gullan gets anywhere close to Nisbets level. Just can't see it based on what I've seen so far. Hope he does though.
    Last edited by Since452; 01-04-2021 at 05:22 AM.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a nice thought but I'd be astonished if Gullan gets anywhere close to Nisbets level. Just can't see it based on what I've seen so far. Hope he does though.

    Nisbet had a great scoring record in the Championship with Dunfermline 18 in 25 games, Gullan only went on loan in January and has 4 in 10 games so far, so not a bad ratio or the lad but had a better ratio last season with 9 goals in 18 games.

  27. #26
    Coaching Staff HIBERNIAN-0762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In ma hoose.
    Posts
    5,118
    I may have missed it but not once did I hear the commentators mention he was on loan from us, Fraser Murray either, plenty of talk of the ugly sisters tho ☹

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)