hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 483
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There could also be a scenario where a deal taking Nisbet to Celtic with Griffiths coming to us is a possibility.
    Hypotheticaly of course but could happen all the same.
    Would be keeping those two things very separate.
    2 year, £4k a week contract on offer if he can come to an agreement with Celtic about his current deal.

    However, expect another season of more talk than action from Leigh at Celtic before the inevitable hot air up the faithfuls backsides "Hibs have always been my team and it would be great to finish my career there. I think I have 3 good years left in me. The Hibs fans are great and I would love to play in front of them again, I loved scoring goals for them against Hearts blah blah blah"


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still haven't worked out why I'm getting a hard time on this thread.

    Even though I honestly don't give one, I do object to people inventing stuff about me.
    Donít worry about it, this thread is a total troll fest.

    Got to laugh, petty vendettas, ďfansĒ that canít spell the name of one of the most prominent Scottish players of the past decade, relentless creativity in making up hypothetical situations whereby Hibs are beaten to the signing of players we arenít even interested in. Quality nonsense.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you misread... I asked who is better 'that' we have.
    You're right, I misread.

    Irvine, Gogic and Newell are better than Brown is now, and Nisbet is better than the current manifestation of Leigh Griffiths.

    I certainly wouldn't be swapping any of them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít worry about it, this thread is a total troll fest.

    Got to laugh, petty vendettas, ďfansĒ that canít spell the name of one of the most prominent Scottish players of the past decade, relentless creativity in making up hypothetical situations whereby Hibs are beaten to the signing of players we arenít even interested in. Quality nonsense.
    So we shouldn't be discussing signing proven good players?

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,368
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right, I misread.

    Irvine, Gogic and Newell are better than Brown is now, and Nisbet is better than the current manifestation of Leigh Griffiths.

    I certainly wouldn't be swapping any of them.
    Thereís no way that Gogic is better than Brown.

    Brown hasnít been playing for Celtc all season for any other reason than heís still good enough. Gogic wouldnít even be on their bench.

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    25,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could be wrong but I think it's the Admin approach without being an Admin.

    Hopefully users who have been registered since early 00's will want to contribute to this thread.
    You are wrong.

    Quote me one instance on this thread where I've done anything "admin like".

    When you can't, at least admit that you're wrong then give me peace.

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,358
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no way that Gogic is better than Brown.

    Brown hasnít been playing for Celtc all season for any other reason than heís still good enough. Gogic wouldnít even be on their bench.
    This is Brown's last season as a starting player, unless he dropped a league.

    Gogic will start games unless the manager thinks there's an occasional tactical benefit from keeping him on the bench.

    Brown was a fantastic midfielder. He's not now.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no way that Gogic is better than Brown.

    Brown hasnít been playing for Celtc all season for any other reason than heís still good enough. Gogic wouldnít even be on their bench.
    Gogic is a better pick for us right now than Brown. Very few Celtic fans wanted Brown to be playing for Celtic most weeks this season. He was there to be exploited when we played against them. Brown is 36 years old and his 5 yard pace has gone. Thats huge for someone in his area of the pitch. He will still have occasional good games but he is nowhere near the level we should be looking at as we look to improve our squad.

  10. #129
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be keeping those two things very separate.
    2 year, £4k a week contract on offer if he can come to an agreement with Celtic about his current deal.

    However, expect another season of more talk than action from Leigh at Celtic before the inevitable hot air up the faithfuls backsides "Hibs have always been my team and it would be great to finish my career there. I think I have 3 good years left in me. The Hibs fans are great and I would love to play in front of them again, I loved scoring goals for them against Hearts blah blah blah"
    Thought he said he wanted to finish his career at Parkhead ?

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he said he wanted to finish his career at Parkhead ?
    so would you if they gave you loadsa moneyevery week
    He will say anything to get a contract when the time comes.
    Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts next for Leigh.
    Eventually it will be junior football at 36.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 31-03-2021 at 11:22 AM.

  12. #131
    Fact that Hibs fans and maybe Hibs would like to see LG back at ER immediately makes him eligible for Aberdeen under their signing policy with money being no barrier ..... "If Hibs want him, we'll have him".

    Has served them really well this season

  13. #132
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    43,596
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simple question is... Is Leigh Griffiths better than what we have - Yes. Is Scott Brown better than what we have - Yes. We need to start thinking about how to get over the line to be successful and get to finals and win trophies with this team.

    You'll make an Admin one day 👍
    What are you trying to say with the last sentence?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    25,111
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you trying to say with the last sentence?
    He thinks I'm a dick?

  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He thinks I'm a dick?
    And a post count snob

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14,113
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no way that Gogic is better than Brown.

    Brown hasnít been playing for Celtc all season for any other reason than heís still good enough. Gogic wouldnít even be on their bench.
    Thereís no way that any of our midfield are better than Brown and I would say the same re Nisbet and Griffiths.

    Brown especially is still streets ahead of Gogic and Newell and also better than Irvine imo. None of them would have got anywhere near the minutes at Celtic this season that Brown has.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gogic is a better pick for us right now than Brown. Very few Celtic fans wanted Brown to be playing for Celtic most weeks this season. He was there to be exploited when we played against them. Brown is 36 years old and his 5 yard pace has gone. Thats huge for someone in his area of the pitch. He will still have occasional good games but he is nowhere near the level we should be looking at as we look to improve our squad.
    I can guarantee you that even fewer Celtic fans would have wanted Gogic or Newell playing for them.

    Not being good enough for Celtic (although he still played stacks of games) doesnít mean he isnít good enough for us. Likewise with LG.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 31-03-2021 at 12:26 PM.

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,358
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no way that any of our midfield are better than Brown and I would say the same re Nisbet and Griffiths.

    Brown especially is still streets ahead of Gogic and Newell and also better than Irvine imo. None of them would have got anywhere near the minutes at Celtic this season that Brown has.
    He was a good player, but he's lost that edge.

    He will hardly feature for Aberdeen next season and he wouldn't at Hibs, unlike our midfielders who will play regularly.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  19. #138
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,933
    Leigh on £18K a week and contracted to summer 2022. He aint budging for anything less which means a big payoff from
    Celtic.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,111
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no way that Gogic is better than Brown.

    Brown hasnít been playing for Celtc all season for any other reason than heís still good enough. Gogic wouldnít even be on their bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Brown's last season as a starting player, unless he dropped a league.

    Gogic will start games unless the manager thinks there's an occasional tactical benefit from keeping him on the bench.

    Brown was a fantastic midfielder. He's not now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gogic is a better pick for us right now than Brown. Very few Celtic fans wanted Brown to be playing for Celtic most weeks this season. He was there to be exploited when we played against them. Brown is 36 years old and his 5 yard pace has gone. Thats huge for someone in his area of the pitch. He will still have occasional good games but he is nowhere near the level we should be looking at as we look to improve our squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no way that any of our midfield are better than Brown and I would say the same re Nisbet and Griffiths.

    Brown especially is still streets ahead of Gogic and Newell and also better than Irvine imo. None of them would have got anywhere near the minutes at Celtic this season that Brown has.
    Thereís clearly different shades of opinion re. Brown and Gogic, Newell and Irvine but thereís no doubt in my mind that our present trio are, by far, the better investment in our immediate short term progress and for the next few seasons.

  21. #140
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,368
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Brown's last season as a starting player, unless he dropped a league.

    Gogic will start games unless the manager thinks there's an occasional tactical benefit from keeping him on the bench.

    Brown was a fantastic midfielder. He's not now.
    Nah, heíll start at Aberdeen next season. He doesnít have to drop down a league.

    I agree with your last point, heís not the fantastic midfielder he once was. Madness, in my opinion, to think heís dropped to the level of Gogic though. Brown, even now, can still read the game and get into the right positions, and is far better on the ball, than Gogic.

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,368
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was a good player, but he's lost that edge.

    He will hardly feature for Aberdeen next season and he wouldn't at Hibs, unlike our midfielders who will play regularly.
    Heíd start every week for us. Playing where Gogic plays now.

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,594
    Iím not casting doubt but I does surprise me how porous the walls much be around players earnings across Scotland and the UK. Is it agents leaking pure unchecked speculation with pundits having a bash too or are players just big mouths?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,368
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leigh on £18K a week and contracted to summer 2022. He aint budging for anything less which means a big payoff from
    Celtic.
    It wouldnít be a surprise if Celtc gave him a deal to get him out though. At that point, weíd be as likely to get him as anyone else.

    His days of new contracts at £18k a week are behind him.

    I think LG to Hibs would be a good move for both parties.

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,180
    Leigh to Hibs
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím not casting doubt but I does surprise me how porous the walls much be around players earnings across Scotland and the UK. Is it agents leaking pure unchecked speculation with pundits having a bash too or are players just big mouths?
    Or it could be the fertile imaginations of fans on forums.

  27. #146
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Newhaven
    Posts
    426
    Bring. Him. Home.

  28. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím not casting doubt but I does surprise me how porous the walls much be around players earnings across Scotland and the UK. Is it agents leaking pure unchecked speculation with pundits having a bash too or are players just big mouths?
    Me tae bud. It seems that if the same figure gets branded about often enough then it's just accepted as being the correct one

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

  29. #148
    First Team Breakthrough Tully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    229
    Leigh to italy😉

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    17,228
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember when we were all clamoring for Anthony Stokes to be brought "home" and that if we signed him we would be absolutely unstoppable. Then remember when we actually signed him and we were all saying we were going to be banging the goals in and we would be loving watching us pump teams because of the firepower we would have. Then remember how that went?

    Aye, me too.
    Well thatís that then.

    United we stand here....

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    17,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And a post count snob

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Itís the sort of thing that stops people posting.

    United we stand here....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)