hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 931 to 939 of 939
  1. #931
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,357
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd dispute it's American humour, it's very much a trope established by British comedy such as Monty Python and carried on through programmes such as The Fast Show.

    The humour is in the repetition and the recognition that the punchline is coming is what appeals to some, it creates a feeling of being "in in the joke".

    Some American shows such as Family Guy have used this to great effect, though arguably the reliance on the repetition of punchlines has over time become the reason it has been deemed to have dropped in quality.

    As to whether Haymaker's excited response is humorous or humourless, that's up to the individual. Personally, I'm a fan.
    All true, but for repetition to be funny, it needs to be well timed, and repeated sparingly.

    Most sketch show have repeated gags, but only ever once per show.

    Think of Victor and Jack saying "2 pints prick" or Catherine Tate's Nan saying "What a f***ing liberty" etc etc.

    We're all waiting on the line, but we only got it once a week.

    Haymaker's gag is fine, but it would be funnier if it was used more sparingly, imo
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #932
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,482
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyJammies View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree

  4. #933
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumours that he refused to play when Kennedy tried to sub him in yesterday
    Very unprofessional if true.

  5. #934
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very unprofessional if true.
    And cowardly. IF it is true (may well be slavers of course) then I honestly don't want him here

  6. #935
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,735
    I’d be stunned if that was true about LG.

  7. #936
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Newhaven
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumours that he refused to play when Kennedy tried to sub him in yesterday
    I just can't believe that that's true.

  8. #937
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So they say. After yesterday’s shambles I think they’ll be looking at all possibilities for next season.
    Presumably their view will be well informed by Scott Brown's opinion on whether or not he'd be a worthwhile signing.
    ​#PERSEVERED


  9. #938
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,508
    Worth noting that no team in the country has more fictional ITK crap written about them than Celtic. It's sort of a meme at this point.

    That's not to say it's definitely untrue, but I'd be hesitant to believe it.

  10. #939
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,568
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worth noting that no team in the country has more fictional ITK crap written about them than Celtic. It's sort of a meme at this point.

    That's not to say it's definitely untrue, but I'd be hesitant to believe it.
    You say that, but Scott Brown told McGregor to get sent off so he misses a game and is fresh when they play us to give Aberdeen the best possible chance of finishing 3rd...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)