hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 486
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep.
    Not very inclusive is it?

    You could say it discourages similar users who have been registered for years and years who post sporadically from even posting.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 31-03-2021 at 07:29 AM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    25,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not very inclusive is it?

    You could say it detracts similar users who have been registered for years and years who post sporadically from even posting.
    If you took the time to read what I posted, you'll see that I said that "I'm not saying it's right".

    Give me peace now please.

  4. #33
    First Team Breakthrough mcohibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not very inclusive is it?

    You could say it discourages similar users who have been registered for years and years who post sporadically from even posting.
    It certainly does

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    It would be a blow of Leigh ends up at Aberdeen . I wonder if JR will fancy him though . Not been disciplined in recent times , and not a role model for younger players . Would have significant risk attached to such a large investment.

    No doubt, if his mind is right though, he would be a 20 goal plus a season player for any team
    In our league ..match winner type.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be a blow of Leigh ends up at Aberdeen . I wonder if JR will fancy him though . Not been disciplined in recent times , and not a role model for younger players . Would have significant risk attached to such a large investment.

    No doubt, if his mind is right though, he would be a 20 goal plus a season player for any team
    In our league ..match winner type.
    Hibs are his home. Like you say, he'd score 20+ goals a season. Its a no brainer.

    If he ends up at Aberdeen you'd begin to wonder why we weren't all in for both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths. They are game changers for a whole club outside the Old Firm.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 31-03-2021 at 07:49 AM.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,467
    Maybe the original poster could have bothered to find out how to spell the name of one of the highest profile players to play at Ester Rod in the past ten years?

    Of course youíre going to get ripped when you do that, why wouldnít you?

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are his home. Like you say, he'd score 20+ goals a season. Its a no brainer.

    If he ends up at Aberdeen you'd begin to wonder why we weren't all in for both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths. They are game changers for a whole club outside the Old Firm.
    A no brainer.....right enough.

    Youíre at it, clear as day. Anything positive to say about Hibs...ever?

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A no brainer.....right enough.

    Youíre at it, clear as day. Anything positive to say about Hibs...ever?
    I'm at it? Deary me.

    Why wouldn't we sign a proven 20+ goal a season striker? Explain that to me.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the original poster could have bothered to find out how to spell the name of one of the highest profile players to play at Ester Rod in the past ten years?

    Of course youíre going to get ripped when you do that, why wouldnít you?
    it is a valid topic for here. Letís focus on the topic rather than being negative to the OP.

    Griffiths going to Aberdeen would be a real blow. Yet, I can see why there would be a possible reluctance to invest in him. In the right mindset, he is a no brainier ..if he doesnít fancy it , would be a huge investment with little return

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm at it? Deary me.

    Why wouldn't we sign a proven 20+ goal a season striker? Explain that to me.
    When did he last play 20 league games?

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did he last play 20 league games?
    He's the type of striker who doesn't need 20 games to get 20+ goals.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did he last play 20 league games?
    I think that is getting to heart of the issue - would we get the reliable LG or not ? If we would - it is a massive signing .

    If not , a disaster ...

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the type of striker who doesn't need 20 games to get 20+ goals.
    He doesnít come without risk though ..Iím sure you can acknowledge that ..not sure he would even know what LG we would be getting ...

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the type of striker who doesn't need 20 games to get 20+ goals.
    Ok, when did he last score 20 league goals?

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesnít come without risk though ..Iím sure you can acknowledge that ..not sure he would even know what LG we would be getting ...
    Yeah, absolutely a risk. It would either work spectacularly or fail spectacularly.

    I do think it would be worth the risk though.

    You never know, he might flourish under our manager.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,613
    I still highly doubt either us or Aberdeen could afford him unless heís being let go for free/a massively reduced fee and is willing to take a huge pay cut or Celtc are picking up most of his wage in a loan deal.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, absolutely a risk. It would either work spectacularly or fail spectacularly.

    I do think it would be worth the risk though.

    You never know, he might flourish under our manager.
    So not quite a no brainer then.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    26,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, absolutely a risk. It would either work spectacularly or fail spectacularly.

    I do think it would be worth the risk though.

    You never know, he might flourish under our manager.
    So it has gone from a no brainier that would have you asking serious questions if we didnít do it to a potential spectacular failure?

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are his home. Like you say, he'd score 20+ goals a season. Its a no brainer.

    If he ends up at Aberdeen you'd begin to wonder why we weren't all in for both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths. They are game changers for a whole club outside the Old Firm.
    I would love LG to sign but you say heíd sign 20+ goals a season yet in a better team and in a team with Scott Brown heís scored 6 goals this season??

    You keep banging on about Scott Brown being a changer etc but heís been very poor this season and on the downward spiral in respect of his career!

    As for LG. If he chooses to go to Aberdeen over Hibs (if we did go in for him) then so be it. Iíd be a tad disappointed but not gutted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So not quite a no brainer then.
    It's a no brainer.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you explain that please?
    My second sentence did just that!!

    That you think some of us would read a Griffiths to Aberdeen rumour as somehow being a negative on Hibs is crazy.

    You look for the tiniest slight on Hibs at every opportunity to lambast fellow Hibs fans. It sucks.

    The OP posted something he heard, so what? Why should that be suspicious? It's not to most of us.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My second sentence did just that!!

    That you think some of us would read a Griffiths to Aberdeen rumour as somehow being a negative on Hibs is crazy.

    You look for the tiniest slight on Hibs at every opportunity to lambast fellow Hibs fans. It sucks.

    The OP posted something he heard, so what? Why should that be suspicious? It's not to most of us.
    Well said.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a no brainer.
    It probably is to someone without one.

  25. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, absolutely a risk. It would either work spectacularly or fail spectacularly.

    I do think it would be worth the risk though.

    You never know, he might flourish under our manager.
    I don't see why he would have to be a spectacular success or a spectacular fail? There is every chance he could just have a decent season or two

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it is a valid topic for here. Letís focus on the topic rather than being negative to the OP.

    Griffiths going to Aberdeen would be a real blow. Yet, I can see why there would be a possible reluctance to invest in him. In the right mindset, he is a no brainier ..if he doesnít fancy it , would be a huge investment with little return



    Leigh was only ever on loan with us before. I have long dreamed of him having a Hibs contract, with the hope that coming home would motivate him.

    It will be a great shame if he ends up somewhere else imo.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    25,111
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My second sentence did just that!!

    That you think some of us would read a Griffiths to Aberdeen rumour as somehow being a negative on Hibs is crazy.

    You look for the tiniest slight on Hibs at every opportunity to lambast fellow Hibs fans. It sucks.

    The OP posted something he heard, so what? Why should that be suspicious? It's not to most of us.
    Behave.

    I explained why some people are suspicious of certain posts and posters. I also stated it wasn't necessarily "right".

    IMO the majority on here would see Leigh signing for Aberdeen and not us as a negative. You have the right to think otherwise and I have the right to disagree.

    As for me looking for "the tiniest slight on Hibs at every opportunity to lambast fellow Hibs fans", I'm sorry but you're talking nonsense.

    I'm honestly offended by what you're saying. If anything it's your post that sucks.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Leigh was only ever on loan with us before. I have long dreamed of him having a Hibs contract, with the hope that coming home would motivate him.

    It will be a great shame if he ends up somewhere else imo.
    Every Hibs fan likes the idea of Leigh returning, itís a given. However, it would take a significant investment and that would represent a huge gamble, thatís also a given. In the current financial circumstances I struggle to imagine Hibs buying in to that.

    Griffiths is under contract for another season. Celtc will have a new manager and he will no doubt want to see what Leigh can do. Iím sure Leigh himself would prefer to be at Celtic and carry on earning the money, which is going to be a hell of a lot more than he will get anywhere else. Heís close to the end of his career, Heíll not be going anywhere, anytime soon.

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,615
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are his home. Like you say, he'd score 20+ goals a season. Its a no brainer.

    If he ends up at Aberdeen you'd begin to wonder why we weren't all in for both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths. They are game changers for a whole club outside the Old Firm.
    He might if he's fit then again he might not, he might be up for it he might not...Nothing guaranteed and a hell of a gamble in terms of probably cash outlay.

    I thought our strategy was to bring in young talent that we can nurture get a couple of good years out of then sell for a profit ready to reinvest. We might bring in the odd older one as emergency cover but thats about it.

  30. #59
    First Team Regular Clarence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    39
    Posts
    752
    I think heíll want to try to prove himself under the new manager at Celtic and I reckon a new manager would look at his record, look at his goals against England and say ok Leigh, show me what you can do. I donít think heíll go anywhere until his contract is done at Celtic.

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might if he's fit then again he might not, he might be up for it he might not...Nothing guaranteed and a hell of a gamble in terms of probably cash outlay.

    I thought our strategy was to bring in young talent that we can nurture get a couple of good years out of then sell for a profit ready to reinvest. We might bring in the odd older one as emergency cover but thats about it.
    Yeah good post, I think it's the frustration of Aberdeen nipping in ahead ahead of us with signings and now potentially having both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths which if works for them could be great for them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)