hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Leigh Griffiths is still the best goal scorer in Scotland and if fit and gets his mojo back then he would be a brilliant signing. He would definitely help get ST sales going in a year I think will be difficult to get the numbers back. Leigh doesn’t even need great service to get goals, he can make them out of nothing. I would be very disappointed to see him play for another Scottish club and think it would be a bit of a blow to Hibs fans if he did. We can only hope 🤞🇳🇬

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good points.
    I'm just thinking Jack Ross has to show he's capable of managing some players who aren't steady Eddie's, Scott Allan doesn't appear to create problems and Leigh did seem to knuckle down for us so it's more managing their playing potential than character I think, there has to be some flair in his team for his career to keep developing.
    JR might be happy with us in 3rd/4th but I wouldn't think so.
    This situation, if its at all possible, hands him a great opportunity for both Hibs and his own career path.
    Will be interesting times.

I’ve said it earlier, but don’t under estimate the job Pat Fenlon did in managing Leigh in his previous stints at Hibs.

I’ve no doubt he’s a bit of a handful. But I would absolutely welcome him back. Having a striker who is a bit of a bampot is the Hibs way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Leigh Griffiths is still the best goal scorer in Scotland and if fit and gets his mojo back then he would be a brilliant signing. He would definitely help get ST sales going in a year I think will be difficult to get the numbers back. Leigh doesn’t even need great service to get goals, he can make them out of nothing. I would be very disappointed to see him play for another Scottish club and think it would be a bit of a blow to Hibs fans if he did. We can only hope 🤞🇳🇬

Bit in bold is not to be underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Has he posted a selfie on Instagram of him on a Scotrail train with a reflection of Linlithgow Palace in the left hand window?

I’m struggling to see a downside to signing Leigh. We will most likely sell Nisbet and Leigh and Doidge would be great as a pairing with the big man knocking it on for him.Where else will we get a player of Griffiths quality plus he loves and is happy playing for us. We have to wait till apr 30 passes then I can see hibs approaching him. Would get me excited for next season. Make it happen Ron.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    He is the best striker in Scotland if their is a chance we can get him it's a no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Has he posted a selfie on Instagram of him on a Scotrail train with a reflection of Linlithgow Palace in the left hand window?
    he can do better than the linlithgow rose

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    He is the best striker in Scotland if their is a chance we can get him it's a no brainer
    Come on, he's not even the best at Celtic. Edouard is miles better.

Best Scottish striker maybe.

This would be one way to get season tickets Ron :p

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I’ve said it earlier, but don’t under estimate the job Pat Fenlon did in managing Leigh in his previous stints at Hibs.

Having a striker who is a bit of a bampot is the Hibs way.
    Best reason to bring him home.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    he can do better than the linlithgow rose
    Hey,,,, nowt wrong with the Rose! Except for the team colours!

First Team Breakthrough
    If we can get Leigh back to Easter Rd then let's get the deal over the line.Pretty sure Leigh would love to play at Easter Rd again.Should Nisbet move on then he is a ready made replacement who is guaranteed to score goals.If there is any substance to this speculation get it done Hibs .As others have said it would also be a massive boost for ST sales.

Griffiths and Boyle together, that’s quite mouth watering 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by GreyJammies View Post
    Firm agree here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Come on, he's not even the best at Celtic. Edouard is miles better.

Best Scottish striker maybe.
    It’s very clear from all your comments that you are indifferent to signing Griffiths. That’s fine. I’ve also got reservations but, as I think that the majority of Hibs fans would love to see him given a chance, I think we should avoid negative spin. If we can get him back, without major financial implications, and it doesn’t work out, well tough. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    :
    Possible post of the year

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Possible post of the year
    this brings me back to 2014 and gives me the warm'n'fuzzies

if leigh were to sort himself out and get his mojo back, he'd be a £10million player. It might be a risk, but it's not a huge one, and it's VERY worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It’s very clear from all your comments that you are indifferent to signing Griffiths. That’s fine. I’ve also got reservations but, as I think that the majority of Hibs fans would love to see him given a chance, I think we should avoid negative spin. If we can get him back, without major financial implications, and it doesn’t work out, well tough. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    To be fair he’s just being realistic with that latest post (haven’t read all the previous). Griffiths isn’t the best striker or goalscorer in Scotland just now. And Edouard is a better player.

I do think he’s the best Scottish option though (when fully fit and sharp) and I’d very much like to see him return to Easter road.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    this brings me back to 2014 and gives me the warm'n'fuzzies

if leigh were to sort himself out and get his mojo back, he'd be a £10million player. It might be a risk, but it's not a huge one, and it's VERY worth taking.
    You wait until we get the gif thread going...

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    You wait until we get the gif thread going...
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...triker-3200029

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Journalism these days. Reports based on speculation themselves getting re-reported as news

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Journalism these days. Reports based on speculation themselves getting re-reported as news
    Exactly - not one of these reports has any fact in it. These guys should be embarrassed printing and filing this nonsense. The only fact is that Aberdeen has said they arent pursuing him.... (which means the probably are). From that its been decided he will be coming to Hibs.

My view is IF we can get him and its fits our wage structure then I'd be making an approach - 2 year deal. But i dont think he will take the hit.

Blog Entries
    It’s all conjecture. Nobody really knows if Griffiths actually will be released by Celtic, whether Aberdeen really are not interested but might be holding back so Hibs get complacent and then they can jump into the bidding, with an offer Griffiths couldn’t refuse. We don’t even know if Hibs are actually interested. There’s a lot of life in this one still.

Can we not try and get Oli Shaw back instead? He was the greatest player in the world when he scored a tap in against us at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Exactly - not one of these reports has any fact in it. These guys should be embarrassed printing and filing this nonsense. The only fact is that Aberdeen has said they arent pursuing him.... (which means the probably are). From that its been decided he will be coming to Hibs.

My view is IF we can get him and its fits our wage structure then I'd be making an approach - 2 year deal. But i dont think he will take the hit.
    Embarrassed journalists, HA! - good yin.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think Hibs will try to buy Leigh Griffiths IF we wrap up third place. As has been alluded to, a marquee signing as such will help boost much needed season ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    I think Hibs will try to buy Leigh Griffiths IF we wrap up third place. As has been alluded to, a marquee signing as such will help boost much needed season ticket sales.
    We won't buy a free agent

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Can we not try and get Oli Shaw back instead? He was the greatest player in the world when he scored a tap in against us at Easter Road.
    ......and one the best prospects for his age in Europe so good sell on value as well😏