hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 939

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Leigh Griffiths to Aberdeen

    Strong rumour that Griffiths is in talks with sheep about a move there

  2. #2
    @hibs.net private member HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,358
    [QUOTE=HIBEETILLIDIE;6512502]Lee Gryfuths in tocks with Eburdeen.

    Fixed that for you.

  3. #3
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,041
    Stronger than the strong rumours last week?
    😂😂

  4. #4
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBEETILLIDIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strong rumour that Griffiths is in talks with sheep about a move there
    I mentioned this yesterday. Ok, it was on Facebook, but I wonít be surprised if thereís something in this.

  5. #5
    Whose this Lee Griffiths?

  6. #6
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,041
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whose this Lee Griffiths?
    Plays up front with Kevan Nesbitt.......

  7. #7
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    7,588
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plays up front with Kevan Nesbitt.......
    I thought he played with Rab C?

  8. #8
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,473
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plays up front with Kevan Nesbitt.......
    Assisted in midfield by Scot Allen and Dylan McGoiewsugfhqwoif vhqofrhqwofihfoijqEWFQwqWIVSDFJK B3290322Q3;899WQFVL,';VBL,;';.3 F'3;2;6LN312JM7;2089213098.jz\gsgmsklzsglknnndsdsd sdiosdigjrq3l;k32821n34ch.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assisted in midfield by Scot Allen and Dylan McGoiewsugfhqwoif vhqofrhqwofihfoijqEWFQwqWIVSDFJK B3290322Q3;899WQFVL,';VBL,;';.3 F'3;2;6LN312JM7;2089213098.jz\gsgmsklzsglknnndsdsd sdiosdigjrq3l;k32821n34ch.
    Think that links broken mate.

  10. #10
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,159
    Quite close to Dundee I suppose.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBEETILLIDIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strong rumour that Griffiths is in talks with sheep about a move there
    A late runner for dunderheid poster of the day.


    P.S. How is Robert Nilsson workin' oot?

  12. #12
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,788
    Have Celtc accepted a bid?

  13. #13
    If we arenít in there enquiring if his agent is doing the rounds there is something wrong. Griffiths should be number one target if he is looking to get out of celtic.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we arenít in there enquiring if his agent is doing the rounds there is something wrong. Griffiths should be number one target if he is looking to get out of celtic.
    Can't see him fitting into the wage structure, or discipline rules.

  15. #15
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we arenít in there enquiring if his agent is doing the rounds there is something wrong. Griffiths should be number one target if he is looking to get out of celtic.
    I think a small issue of money might be a huge stumbling block for us.

  16. #16
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,423
    Just over 200 posts in 17 yrs.....

  17. #17
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,041
    OK, so ignoring that the post might be fishing - If LG leaves Celtic in the summer, there will be a price to pay as he is under contract - on a reputed £19k per week.

    Even if Aberdeen offered him something amazing - for them - of £9.5 k per week, say? they would have to give him a massive length of contract to make it worth his while.

    I would love LG of 5 years ago at Hibs, but think the ship has sailed - and from his perspective, he only has one big contract left, so I dont grudge him making a packet somewhere..............but its highly unlikely to be at Easter Road.

  18. #18
    Don't know about OP's intentions but I have to admit this is something I've heard grumbling in certain circles more and more over the last few days too.

    Personally I'm not too fussed to potentially lose out on him, I would take him for sure but not if it's at a ridiculous wage to do so.

  19. #19
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, so ignoring that the post might be fishing - If LG leaves Celtic in the summer, there will be a price to pay as he is under contract - on a reputed £19k per week.

    Even if Aberdeen offered him something amazing - for them - of £9.5 k per week, say? they would have to give him a massive length of contract to make it worth his while.

    I would love LG of 5 years ago at Hibs, but think the ship has sailed - and from his perspective, he only has one big contract left, so I dont grudge him making a packet somewhere..............but its highly unlikely to be at Easter Road.
    Possible markers:

    Celtic would like to get him off their books and might take a hit to achieve that by ploughing cash into a deal with another club.

    Even with a helping hand from Celtic, we are unlikely to be in contention financially.

    Aberdeen have more financial clout and could conceivably reach a deal with Griffiths and Celtic.

    I donít see Griffiths moving back down to England.

    The Scott Brown factor.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just over 200 posts in 17 yrs.....
    Hate this patter. So what?

  21. #21
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    26,270
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate this patter. So what?
    Someone who hardly ever posts then starts a thread which could be deemed negative (eg. rumours of Griffiths going to Aberdeen), will always be treated with suspicion. Had it been a post celebrating a win or a decent signing then it would hardly even have been noticed.

    I'm not saying it's right, but it's always going to happen.

  22. #22
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,427
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate this patter. So what?
    Exactly. In any case the rumour's been on the go since Scott Brown got the job.

  23. #23
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    7,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just over 200 posts in 17 yrs.....
    Why is that important?

  24. #24
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,637
    Leigh Griffiths will always score goals its in his nature, Scott Brown is different, would he get away with his arrogant ways at any other club?
    I don't think so!!!

  25. #25
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,473
    It's Leigh

  26. #26
    First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    339
    He might have to wait a long time for a through pass from McGeoch.
    Last edited by H113EE5; 30-03-2021 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Grammar

  27. #27
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    924
    So a user posts what is a strong rumour and that is questioned because he has 200 posts in 17 years?

    His post was fair enough and a large portion of fans may want Griffiths back at Easter Road which if possible is a no brainer. The same fans will be potentially wanting Hibs to sign him if he's available and will then be wondering why not if the club dont sign him.

    Hardly a negative post.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 31-03-2021 at 06:55 AM.

  28. #28
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,953
    It would be a blow of Leigh ends up at Aberdeen . I wonder if JR will fancy him though . Not been disciplined in recent times , and not a role model for younger players . Would have significant risk attached to such a large investment.

    No doubt, if his mind is right though, he would be a 20 goal plus a season player for any team
    In our league ..match winner type.

  29. #29
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be a blow of Leigh ends up at Aberdeen . I wonder if JR will fancy him though . Not been disciplined in recent times , and not a role model for younger players . Would have significant risk attached to such a large investment.

    No doubt, if his mind is right though, he would be a 20 goal plus a season player for any team
    In our league ..match winner type.
    Hibs are his home. Like you say, he'd score 20+ goals a season. Its a no brainer.

    If he ends up at Aberdeen you'd begin to wonder why we weren't all in for both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths. They are game changers for a whole club outside the Old Firm.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 31-03-2021 at 07:49 AM.

  30. #30
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are his home. Like you say, he'd score 20+ goals a season. Its a no brainer.

    If he ends up at Aberdeen you'd begin to wonder why we weren't all in for both Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths. They are game changers for a whole club outside the Old Firm.
    A no brainer.....right enough.

    Youíre at it, clear as day. Anything positive to say about Hibs...ever?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)