hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I very much doubt anyone would share that amount of personal information about their financial situation.
    Players need mortgages just the same as everyone else. Try getting a mortgage without disclosing your earnings!

Ok, been covered by a few other posts.
    Last edited by WhileTheChief..; 10-04-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Answered already.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    No I don’t know, but it would take 5 seconds to look it up and post it on Twitter if I wanted.

I take my work seriously though so don’t do that kinda thing.

If you work for RBS, Standard Life or any large financial services firm you can see an awful lot of information about all sorts of people. It’s just that most folk understand it’s sensitive and keep it to themselves.

I don’t work for either of them btw, just an example.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    No I don’t know, but it would take 5 seconds to look it up and post it on Twitter if I wanted.

I take my work seriously though so don’t do that kinda thing.

If you work for RBS, Standard Life or any large financial services firm you can see an awful lot of information about all sorts of people. It’s just that most folk understand it’s sensitive and keep it to themselves.

I don’t work for either of them btw, just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Was there not someone a few pages back saying part of his family (I assumed some of his kids) were in Dundee?

Possibly but he'll be thinking about the ones he lives with now, it may be the case he only gets occasional visiting with the ones in Dundee if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Was there not someone a few pages back saying part of his family (I assumed some of his kids) were in Dundee?
    If that is right, maybe he will go to Aberdeen with a view to opening a new family branch.
    Would then have family branches in the 4 major Scottish cities.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 10-04-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Leigh is on the Celtic bench again today.
    Likely to get his usual league game run after 80 minutes.

23 Celtic players have played more league minutes than Leigh Griffiths so he is done at Celtic.
    Only Patryk Klimala has played less.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 10-04-2021 at 01:36 PM.

A bit in the Daily Record from Scott Burns a short while ago, although probably nothing in it.

'Griffiths has been linked with the Dons for several weeks but he is not a name that Glass has put to his board and or is being considered.

The Scotland international has an option to leave Celtic this summer but if he does go to another Scottish Premiership club it is likely to be Hibs.

Rumours circled with Scott Brown set to move north but Griffiths is not expected to follow.'
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 13-04-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    A bit in the Daily Record from Scott Burns a short while ago

'Griffiths has been linked with the Dons for several weeks but he is not a name that Glass has put to his board and or is being considered.

The Scotland international has an option to leave Celtic this summer but if he does go to another Scottish Premiership club it is likely to be Hibs.

Rumours circled with Scott Brown set to move north but Griffiths is not expected to follow.'
    Bring him home.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Leigh is on the Celtic bench again today.
    Likely to get his usual league game run after 80 minutes.

23 Celtic players have played more league minutes than Leigh Griffiths so he is done at Celtic.
    Only Patryk Klimala has played less.
    The minutes played are pretty telling.

I suspect Ross would get more out of Griffiths than Lennon ever could in terms of motivation and man management.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    A bit in the Daily Record from Scott Burns a short while ago, although probably nothing in it.

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Oooooft.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Firm agree on this lad

In December, Griffiths said: “It's about working hard in training and trying to make an impact when you can, if you can come off the bench. Hopefully I have done that and given the manager a wee bit of a headache going forward.

“He said after the game that I need to get fitter. Well that green stuff, the pitch, I need to be on that to get match fit. I am not unfit. I am fit. But just not match fit and you can tell. Obviously I have not had a run of games.

“Hopefully I can get a wee run now and get my fitness right back up. There is a difference between being fit and match fit and you need to play games to get match fit and the more minutes I get the fitter I will be."

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    In December, Griffiths said: “It's about working hard in training and trying to make an impact when you can, if you can come off the bench. Hopefully I have done that and given the manager a wee bit of a headache going forward.

“He said after the game that I need to get fitter. Well that green stuff, the pitch, I need to be on that to get match fit. I am not unfit. I am fit. But just not match fit and you can tell. Obviously I have not had a run of games.

“Hopefully I can get a wee run now and get my fitness right back up. There is a difference between being fit and match fit and you need to play games to get match fit and the more minutes I get the fitter I will be."
    Same position as Scott Allan found himself in, a good pre season under his belt with his head down Sparky would be an unbelievable signing for us IMO

I see Kris Commons has gone after Leigh in the press, and another hack in Celtics pocket (Hannah?) saying ‘he has shown the club blatant disrespect’ by turning up for training overweight. Seems like the empathy for mental health isn’t lasting as long as they claimed

Basically they want him on rearranged cheaper terms or not at all, and are willing to go after him in the press to pile on the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Same position as Scott Allan found himself in, a good pre season under his belt with his head down Sparky would be an unbelievable signing for us IMO
    Gary OConnor is a better comparison when he came back. Overweight, mental health issues, disappointing season, Got fit, lost his weight and had a great 6 months back to the point we were getting called a one man team.

That'll be Scott Burns who has previous with trolling Hibs fans and winding us up...

I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

I'd love to see Leigh come home, but it's all about the team now and can't just be about him like it was before (obviously because the rest of the team were dugmeat) and he would need to knuckle down and screw the nut like everyone else and contribute overall to the team which he is more than capable of. Imagine a Scott Allan - Leigh Griffiths combo
    Last edited by Hibs90; 14-04-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    That'll be Scott Burns who has previous with trolling Hibs fans and winding us up...

I'd love to see Leigh come home, but it's all about the team now and can't just be about him like it was before (obviously because the rest of the team were dugmeat) and he would need to knuckle down and screw the nut like everyone else and contribute overall to the team which he is more than capable of. Imagine a Scott Allan - Leigh Griffiths combo

was going to say the same, doesn’t he have form for linking us to players that Aberdeen are about so sign, then the story goes out that we were beaten to the player by the dons, when we weren’t even in for them in the first place?

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post

The last 7 words of your reply is something that I have been saying to my mates it could be the difference SA can find a pass that no many can and LG is (in my eyes) the BEST Scotland striker in today’s market
    I feel that’s the combo of all combos that would scare many a team
    My opinion obvs
    GG2TH 💚💚

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Gary OConnor is a better comparison when he came back. Overweight, mental health issues, disappointing season, Got fit, lost his weight and had a great 6 months back to the point we were getting called a one man team.
    Then got fat again, injured, trouble with the police, totally missing in the cup final and generally an absolute tit. He scored some goals in his second spell but was a shadow of the player he was. Could hardly move.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Then got fat again, injured, trouble with the police, totally missing in the cup final and generally an absolute tit. He scored some goals in his second spell but was a shadow of the player he was. Could hardly move.
    After the first 6 months, maybe. The first six months? He was tremendous.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I've changed my mind, just get him back, bring him home. Europe next year we will need a decent squad. Griffiths, Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle as attacking options sounds good to me. Quite excited about it now. It better ****ing happen or I will be raging

I've no idea how realistic the chances of getting Leigh are but I do think this would be the opportunity for Jack Ross to show his mettle handling players who are not your standard 'good lads'.
    The team we usually put out are hard workers and seem decent lads but equally there's a spark missing at times, particularly in the bigger matches, so a well managed Griffiths and Scott Allan would change that and have us capable of maybe causing an upset in Euro games and getting closer to the Old Firm.
    From our club point of view obviously would be great and entertaining but also JR has to think about his image, solid safe pair of hands but no edge to his teams will mean he's destined for smaller club management but turn Hibs into dynamic and capable of big results and his career could head upwards quite rapidly.
    He speaks safely and has a good calm aura so club owners will like him, just needs to get the team performance right.
    Leigh and Scott are perfect in that they both probably want to play for us, some other similar players might prove more difficult to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    I've no idea how realistic the chances of getting Leigh are but I do think this would be the opportunity for Jack Ross to show his mettle handling players who are not your standard 'good lads'.
    The team we usually put out are hard workers and seem decent lads but equally there's a spark missing at times, particularly in the bigger matches, so a well managed Griffiths and Scott Allan would change that and have us capable of maybe causing an upset in Euro games and getting closer to the Old Firm.
    From our club point of view obviously would be great and entertaining but also JR has to think about his image, solid safe pair of hands but no edge to his teams will mean he's destined for smaller club management but turn Hibs into dynamic and capable of big results and his career could head upwards quite rapidly.
    He speaks safely and has a good calm aura so club owners will like him, just needs to get the team performance right.
    Leigh and Scott are perfect in that they both probably want to play for us, some other similar players might prove more difficult to get here.
    Fair points, I agree.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Most managers can "handle" challenging players, but it's the harm they can do to the dressing room morale when the manager isn't sitting on them that is harder to prevent if individuals have attitude issues.

Discontent, serious personality clashes, moaning about the training, criticising team selections etc etc are all insidious and eventually, poisonous.

Good managers get rid of those players for the sake of all the others. Hanging on to one very good player despite the negative effect he may be having on the dressing room is poor management.

Even David Beckham was emptied from Man U, not because he was being negative or critical, but because, outside football, he became so much bigger than everyone else at the club and jealousies and envy were creeping in.

I don't have any particular player in mind, by the way. I'm responding to your general point above.

As well as a terrific goalscorer, LG would be a great leader to have in the side - someone who would give their all for the club and fans. More than just a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Most managers can "handle" challenging players, but it's the harm they can do to the dressing room morale when the manager isn't sitting on them that is harder to prevent if individuals have attitude issues.

Discontent, serious personality clashes, moaning about the training, criticising team selections etc etc are all insidious and eventually, poisonous.

Good managers get rid of those players for the sake of all the others. Hanging on to one very good player despite the negative effect he may be having on the dressing room is poor management.

Even David Beckham was emptied from Man U, not because he was being negative or critical, but because, outside football, he became so much bigger than everyone else at the club and jealousies and envy were creeping in.

I don't have any particular player in mind, by the way. I'm responding to your general point above.
    What about maverick genius? Is there a place for that in Ross's team? I ask that because for all the improvement, we still seem to lack something in the mix. I have no idea as to how Griffiths is in the dressing room either tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    After the first 6 months, maybe. The first six months? He was tremendous.
    He was excellent at the start of his second spell. How anyone can say he could hardly move I have no idea. He was in great shape and great form. Then the wheels came off.

There is nothing in those reports that suggest he will go to Hibs. Sports writers really are utter pish these days.