hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Off to the sheep, according to Keith Jackass.

Disappointed tbh - would have liked to see him come home in a midfield of him, Newell/Allan and Irvine.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/scott-brown-set-emotional-celtic-23775542

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good. Much better than them getting Alex Neil.

His home is Celtic BTW. Not Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His ‘home’ is 100% Celtic, not here. He’s been there 14 years.

I’m pleased he’s gone there. He’s finished.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He’s obviously not finished ..his performance at the weekend showed that . Wish him well - think it’s a tough gig, but hope they do alright - it’s good to see something different being tried in Scottish Football

Would’ve loved to see him back. Think we may be maxed out on long term contracts for ageing leaders but he certainly has qualities we could do with.

Can’t bring myself to hope they do well but had a lot of time for Glass and it is good seeing a club trying something different.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    Would’ve loved to see him back. Think we may be maxed out on long term contracts for ageing leaders but he certainly has qualities we could do with.

Can’t bring myself to hope they do well but had a lot of time for Glass and it is good seeing a club trying something different.
    He can do an Eddie Turnbull, learn the ropes up there and then come down and smash it here ....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Is it as a player coach? Will be interesting to see if he gets away with so much up there he did as Celtic captain in saying that Graeme Shinnie seemed to have a cloak of protection from refs up there.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 23-03-2021 at 01:10 PM.

The last thing we need is Scott Brown. We have all the midfielders we require. We don’t need one on the cusp of retiring.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

Seemingly he’s off to Aberdeen to play and also be assistant to Stephen Glass.

What have those two got in common? Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He’s obviously not finished ..his performance at the weekend showed that . Wish him well - think it’s a tough gig, but hope they do alright - it’s good to see something different being tried in Scottish Football

He’s still a decent player. For a season or so he’ll be good for them on the pitch.

I like Scott Brown - I just wish that he'd played more games for Hibs.

He's had a great career - I'm sure the coaching staff try and get some of what he has into the current Hibs team.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Stephen Glass has a poor record in charge of Atlanta reserves and also when in charge of their first team on a temporary basis. This is a massive risk from their chairman and seems to be purely about the link with Glass’ current employers.

I’d be raging if Ron was appointing someone like this. Scott Brown has no experience as an assistant manager and has been miles off it on the park this season too.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Brown can surely do better than the likes of Aberdeen. But he is a fair old age Cormacks dodgy he isnt the big spender people thought he was..Glass is the cheap option. Alex Neil would have been concerning glad they have gone cheap

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Off to the sheep, according to Keith Jackass.

Disappointed tbh - would have liked to see him come home in a midfield of him, Newell/Allan and Irvine.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...eltic-23775542
    I wasn't itching to get him back. We have a good enough itch in midfield already with the Gog version.
    Can see him improving the Sheep though, for a season at least.

I think they’ll get a reaction out of the players in the short term and our run in to third will be tougher than some folk think. I don’t think they’ll be as successful as McInnes in the medium term and Broonie will do a Lennie and start blaming players.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    I think they’ll get a reaction out of the players in the short term and our run in to third will be tougher than some folk think. I don’t think they’ll be as successful as McInnes in the medium term and Broonie will do a Lennie and start blaming players.
    I don't know about Glass but Brown isn't joining them till the end of the season. I'm pleased about that, because he would definitely have strengthened them in the run in, but I think the fact that a new management team has been announced will have a positive effect on their performances.

Now I'm even more convinced that they'll beat St Johnstone. The next 5 games are going to be interesting.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't know about Glass but Brown isn't joining them till the end of the season. I'm pleased about that, because he would definitely have strengthened them in the run in, but I think the fact that a new management team has been announced will have a positive effect on their performances.

Now I'm even more convinced that they'll beat St Johnstone. The next 5 games are going to be interesting.
    It might not have. A shed load of their players are leaving in the summer anyway & now their current management team know they are out of a job. The didnt get the new manager bounce at the weekend so nothing to say this news is going to make any difference.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Brown can surely do better than the likes of Aberdeen. But he is a fair old age Cormacks dodgy he isnt the big spender people thought he was..Glass is the cheap option. Alex Neil would have been concerning glad they have gone cheap
    I can't help but feel that Brown wasted the best years of his career at Celtic. Made sense to go there for a few years with the offer they made to Hibs at the time, but once he had won a few league titles he should have been off to the English Premier League.

Stayed around to be a 10 in a row legend but it hasn't happened and I think now that they've blown the 10 their current batch of players will be forgotten about quickly enough. Never played at a major international finals either with his career falling entirely inbetween the 1998 and 2020 qualifications.

As a result of never leaving Scotland he has no profile outside of here at all, which counts against him now that he is looking for a coaching/upstairs job in football. Compare his situation with Darren Fletcher's for example. Brown hasn't made the contacts in the game outside Scotland so has to take on a bit of a dead end role at Aberdeen instead.

His decisions at the end of the day, but I'd say he'll have a few regrets in years to come.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    I can't help but feel that Brown wasted the best years of his career at Celtic. Made sense to go there for a few years with the offer they made to Hibs at the time, but once he had won a few league titles he should have been off to the English Premier League.

Stayed around to be a 10 in a row legend but it hasn't happened and I think now that they've blown the 10 their current batch of players will be forgotten about quickly enough. Never played at a major international finals either with his career falling entirely inbetween the 1998 and 2020 qualifications.

As a result of never leaving Scotland he has no profile outside of here at all, which counts against him now that he is looking for a coaching/upstairs job in football. Compare his situation with Darren Fletcher's for example. Brown hasn't made the contacts in the game outside Scotland so has to take on a bit of a dead end role at Aberdeen instead.

His decisions at the end of the day, but I'd say he'll have a few regrets in years to come.
    As a player I’d much rather have had the career Scott Brown has had than go to a mid table Premiership team. He’s earned an astronomical sum of money every week for 14 years and won 23 trophies, majority of them as captain. Played at the highest level in Europe absolutely loads of times, captained his country.. he’ll have incredible memories to look back on.

I’d take that every day of the week ahead of signing for Everton or West Ham or someone along those lines for slightly more money, especially when you’re earning more money than you could spend already.

Whether he could have pushed on to the very top if he’d went somewhere down there first is another story I suppose.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 23-03-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Brown couldn't play so I don't think he'd make any impact in the run in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't want him back at Hibs. We don't need to be paying good wages to ageing players. We are doing too much of that already. Will be interesting to see how he does up there especially without his protection from referees.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    WTF is Cormack thinking? Pulling a Celtic player on big money and a coach who has achieved heehaw and isn't even head coach of the team hes coming from, pushing them together and telling them to go and re-build a team that will have massive player losses this summer.

It would have been a big enough job for DM and he would have bee there 8 years.

Good news for us though: secure third, have a good pre-season, pull in some more bodies and be ready to kick on next season while Aberdeen have a "transitional" season - you know, like the 4/5 transitional seasons we had between 2009 and 2013 when we ultimately got relegated?

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    I am sure he thought about all this and have to assume, likely for family reasons decided to stay in Scotland
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

Glass seems like a very poor appointment on paper, happy days as I was worried they'd get Alex Neil

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Stephen Glass has a poor record in charge of Atlanta reserves and also when in charge of their first team on a temporary basis. This is a massive risk from their chairman and seems to be purely about the link with Glass’ current employers.

I’d be raging if Ron was appointing someone like this. Scott Brown has no experience as an assistant manager and has been miles off it on the park this season too.
    Agreed. As a Hibs fan I am delighted they are bringing Glass in. He could of course be a huge success but there is nothing in his history to suggest he's got the skills and experience.

Brown is also a total unknown. There is zero correlation with being a leader on the pitch and a good manager.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonhibs View Post
    I am sure he thought about all this and have to assume, likely for family reasons decided to stay in Scotland
    At 35, I don’t think his legs would hack it in England. He’ll probably last a season at Aberdeen, then take on a coaching role.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    A decent move by Aberdeen.

Stubbs had similar experience when he came to us as Glass has. Didn’t work out too bad for us.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Agreed. As a Hibs fan I am delighted they are bringing Glass in. He could of course be a huge success but there is nothing in his history to suggest he's got the skills and experience.

Brown is also a total unknown. There is zero correlation with being a leader on the pitch and a good manager.
    There is if you look at what Gerrard has done at Rangers.

I hear a lot a point Glass being a poor appointment, but is he any poorer than Stubbs and Mowbray were for us?

All managing youth/reserve teams and I can’t remember the others record for them being looked into.

He could be very good, I suppose we’ll find out.

In the same breath, what makes Brown more qualified than someone like Barry Robson who is already at Aberdeen and has been taking their youth team? I suppose that’s who Glass prefers though.

I really hope if they do get it, it’s at the end of the season as I think they’d fire them up and get Aberdeen a couple of wins

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I hear a lot a point Glass being a poor appointment, but is he any poorer than Stubbs and Mowbray were for us?

All managing youth/reserve teams and I can’t remember the others record for them being looked into.

He could be very good, I suppose we’ll find out.

In the same breath, what makes Brown more qualified than someone like Barry Robson who is already at Aberdeen and has been taking their youth team? I suppose that’s who Glass prefers though.

I really hope if they do get it, it’s at the end of the season as I think they’d fire them up and get Aberdeen a couple of wins
    Yep taking charge after the split fixtures apparently

EDIT: or maybe not, that was based off a fake tweet
    Last edited by 1van Sprou7e; 23-03-2021 at 10:09 AM.