hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Our Tune

@hibs.net private member

Our Tune

Matty_F - it`s time to dig out the Our Tune theme again, not quite as good as the letter with the cheating 8 yr old but getting there lol

Deviskan
    Whoooooptiedoooooo.... Ban Me!
    Deviskan
    Registered Users A

2,065 posts
    Location - York
    Donor
    Posted 8 hours ago
    I'd imagine people will have already done this, but if not it may be an idea to add additional pressure to the Board by emailing our thoughts directly to them.

Note, I have no idea if the email addresses I've tried are correct or not...but I sent it to a few (ann.budge@homplc.co.uk, abudge@homplc.co.uk, ann_budge@homplc.co.uk, annbudge@homplc.co.uk).

If anyone knows what Ann's email address is (and if I've not used the correct one above), then please let me know.

Good evening,

Following on from my original email below, it appears absolutely no lessons have been learned from the dereliction of duty shown by the Club Board in the hesitation over the dismissal of Craig Levein.

You recently said about the SFA that it’s a sign of madness to make the same mistake over and over again and expect the same result...perhaps you should reflect on those words, which appear particularly relevant with respect to Robbie Neilson.

Hiring Robbie was a safe, unambitious managerial appointment...simply replacing Daniel Stendel (a manager that at the very least tried to do something different, but was hamstrung by our own Club Board) with a like for like replacement for Craig Levein.

The football we as fans have had to endure for a number of years has in the main been horrendous/turgid. This isn’t a reaction to a couple of the worst defeats in our history...this has been ongoing for a long, long time.

The Board/Robbie seem to be of the impression that we were playing great football a couple of weeks ago and are top of the league, as if that is something to be proud of! The amount of budget we have available should easily place us in the top four of the Premiership, yet here we are, stumbling over the line to win a league populated by part time footballers...it’s a complete and utter disgrace, and something the Manager and players should be utterly ashamed by (to the point they actually had the strength of character to offer their own resignation).

There is a complete disconnect between the Board and the fans, where you clearly have no comprehension at the level of anger within your customer base...and once again appear to be putting loyalty before reality with respect to the success of Heart of Midlothian FC.

The reality is that the mass majority of the fans want Robbie to be dismissed from the club immediately, and every remnant of the Craig Levein era to be removed from the club. I’d also suggest that John Murray should be asked to retire, as his player recruitment has been abysmal for a number of years now.

Yours, a disgusted...disenfranchised and disillusioned Hearts fan.

Previous email I sent to Ann before Craig was dismissed coincidently a few hours later:

On 31 Oct 2019 wrote:

Good morning Ann,

I write to you as a disillusioned supporter…now apathetic at the dereliction of duty being shown by the Board of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Since our promotion to the Premier League in 2015, our first team has been on a gradual decline to the point were we now appear to be in freefall under the Management of Craig Levein. Why did the Board of Directors believe it was a good idea to appoint Craig as First Team Manager, Director of Football AND a Member of the Board? I find the lack of foresight from the Board incomprehensible.

In my opinion, Craig should've gracefully stepped down from the First Team Manager position at the end of last season...with a new, Management and Coaching Team with fresh ideas brought into the club. However, you personally made the decision to back Craig as Manager whilst noting that his position wasn't 'bombproof'. Unfortunately, those words now appear hollow to myself as a supporter as our form since the end of last season is nothing more than a complete and utter disgrace (and not something that can simply be categorised as a 'blip in form').

Due to your decision to retain Craig as First Team coach this season, we now find ourselves in the position where the mass majority of the fanbase not only want Craig removed as First Team Manager...they want Craig removed from the club completely, with his reputation as a Hearts man sadly tarnished in the eyes of many.

Unfortunately, as witnessed by the disgraceful graffiti sprayed on the club badge overnight, there will undoubtedly be an increasing level of outrage displayed at games going forward, something which is as a direct consequence of the inaction of the Board. For the good of the club as a whole (including the reputation of Craig himself), something needs to be done to prevent our Team being relegated to the Championship...as make no mistake we are now in a relegation battle, something I would never have believed possible again when we were promoted in 2015.

As a successful Businesswoman, you know better than most never to negate or ignore the opinions of your customers...after all the amazing work that's been done in the background, it would be a tragedy if misplaced loyalty in what is clearly a failed First Team project tarnished the off-field progress we've made as a club.

The supporters of the club will always be eternally grateful for what you've personally done for Hearts, all that we ask is that you now show that no person is more important than the club...that personal loyalties and friendship should never come before what is right for the good of Heart of Midlothian FC.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nobody on here will be emailing Ann to tell her that she's doing a great job and Robbie just needs more time will they 🤔

@hibs.net private member
    Somebody posted on the same thread, the 116 players signed during Dr. Businesswoman Ann Budge's reign. And those were the ones he could remember lol

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Stay strong Ann.

These little people aren’t the successful doctor businesswoman we know you to be. Ignore their petulant rants... now is not the time to doubt yourself!

So what would be a song that would sum up Hearts just now?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brora.

Didn't know they had a fans' rep that speaks on behalf of the mass majority. He's obviously pleased with his handiwork, otherwise why publish it on a public forum? Loving the guessing game with her email address. He forgot to try doctorbudge.....

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    Anything by Queens of the Stone Age?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Somebody posted on the same thread, the 116 players signed during Dr. Businesswoman Ann Budge's reign. And those were the ones he could remember lol
    Wish I’d seen this thread before we recorded tonight, that would definitely have got the sad music treatment!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Is it a form of Stockholm syndrome from reading too many of Budge's rambling statements that he fires in ellipses (…) all over the place? Or is he doing it deliberately to try to ingratiate himself?

I hear the Elvis classic "Return to Stendel" is trending now on Gorgie Hospital Radio...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Wish I’d seen this thread before we recorded tonight, that would definitely have got the sad music treatment!
    I could make the next Longbangers ever the longest one by giving you the list of players they have signed during her reign for you to read out, all 116 of them lol

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brora.
    Haha Brilliant.