hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 271 to 285 of 285
  1. #271
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,728
    We can definitely qualify. Home and away mean nothing for heavens sake!

    Can't believe the negative thinking on here.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #272
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm English mate I'm just trying to keep the rampant lion flying for some reason
    England have a terrific side, great chance to win the Euros - talent all over the squad, need to prove it in the big ones mind - but enjoy their football, play like it should be played

  4. #273
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,318
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    England have a terrific side, great chance to win the Euros - talent all over the squad, need to prove it in the big ones mind - but enjoy their football, play like it should be played
    Watched their game tonight thought it was pretty boring tbh

    I donít think they will win the Euros

    Opinions I suppose

    Better than Scotland granted 😃

  5. #274
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    England have a terrific side, great chance to win the Euros - talent all over the squad, need to prove it in the big ones mind - but enjoy their football, play like it should be played
    We do have a good side but we always find a way of screwing things up. Sure in recent times we have a fantastic qualifying record but find it difficult to get together a winning sequence in finals especially in knock out stages. Did well in Russia, much better than expected and have some fantastic youngsters coming through. Have a chance in the Euros and should progress through the group with all matches at Wembley. Next two matches will be away from London though and thats where the plan could fall to pieces and Scots fans will get their joy despite your first round exit

    Seriously though looking forward to the Euros, hopefully with some fans in the stadiums and this England fan, probably untypical of my fellow countryman, is glad to see Scotland there.

  6. #275
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,669
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    England have a terrific side, great chance to win the Euros - talent all over the squad, need to prove it in the big ones mind - but enjoy their football, play like it should be played
    It's the same before every major tournament. England unearth the world's greatest talent then find out they aren't good enough.

    Been the same throughout my life (except 1966)

    With any luck they will follow form.

  7. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    England have a terrific side, great chance to win the Euros - talent all over the squad, need to prove it in the big ones mind - but enjoy their football, play like it should be played
    Their defence will cost them

  8. #277
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,318
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their defence will cost them
    👍🏿

  9. #278
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their defence will cost them
    Agreed. Centre backs and Keeper not up to it but its rare to have 11 world beaters in your team. Even Brazil 70 had Felix in goal.

  10. #279
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,288
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    England have a terrific side, great chance to win the Euros - talent all over the squad, need to prove it in the big ones mind - but enjoy their football, play like it should be played
    They're certainly favourites and I think it's the best chance they've ever had.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  11. #280
    Testimonial Due Gordy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Stirling
    Posts
    1,264
    Thing is, if we are 'out' after 2 games with 2 points, then israel must be out, Faroes and Moldova must be out and that leaves 2 teams, both who have played the bottom two seeds?? I think there is a lot still to play for. Wasnt that long ago where i was reading we would get thumped by Serbia.......

  12. #281
    @hibs.net private member DiscoDoidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We do have a good side but we always find a way of screwing things up. Sure in recent times we have a fantastic qualifying record but find it difficult to get together a winning sequence in finals especially in knock out stages. Did well in Russia, much better than expected and have some fantastic youngsters coming through. Have a chance in the Euros and should progress through the group with all matches at Wembley. Next two matches will be away from London though and thats where the plan could fall to pieces and Scots fans will get their joy despite your first round exit

    Seriously though looking forward to the Euros, hopefully with some fans in the stadiums and this England fan, probably untypical of my fellow countryman, is glad to see Scotland there.
    If england are to get close to their potential they have to build the team round Kane, mount, foden and rice.

    Add in grealish to that also

  13. #282
    Testimonial Due Nevi_SOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,153
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I might be in the optimistic camp here but I think weíll still qualify if we beat faroes. Well get a confidence boost from being at the euros and weíve yet to play the 2 lowest ranked teams unlike austra and Denmark who have played one of each. We wonít be the only nation to drop points to Israel

  14. #283
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    588
    I think goal difference could always be a decider in the end given how arguably even the top 3/4 could turn out to be. Hope to see a few goals in the Faroe and Moldova games but watch us try and out 352 both them anaw.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly favourites and I think it's the best chance they've ever had.
    Bookies now have them joint favs with France, they were leading the market a few days ago (obviously with so many home games being to their advantage).

    I disagree though - I think their best chance of winning something, in my time, was when Rooney burst onto the scene and was playing with lampard and (that pr1ck) Gerrard in their prime.

    Of course it doesnít mean they canít win the tournament, but Iíve always believed thereís at least 2 or 3 teams better than England at every tournament.. and this year is the same.

    My money will side with Belgium. France obviously are contenders again... and Ronaldo might like his chances with the likes of Jota and Bruno Fernandez in support now as well. And it seems you can never write off Germans and Italians as well!

    Iím getting excited just thinking about it, and thatís before getting to the fact we are there this time!!! Hopefully crowds and beer gardens are back in our lives when it comes round.

  16. #285
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly favourites and I think it's the best chance they've ever had.
    Personally not hugely impressed with England under Southgate. Huge amount of talent however think they will struggle against the best teams defensively.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)