hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Scott Allan goes on loan

🆕 Scott Allan has joined Inverness CT on loan.

The 29 year is looking to continue his recovery back to full fitness by building up his match fitness with the Championship side.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wouldn’t help that lot if it was the only club on earth.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re helping ourselves, and Scott Allan.

Probably more helping Scott Allan which I'm all for.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Makes sense, will get him the games and match sharpness he needs and then come back for pre season ready to kick on(hopefully)

Provided he has the players around him, he'll be a standout player for the rest of the championship season.

I reckon this is a strange one.

If he’s fit to play for them then surely he’s fit to play for us?

I’d have used him recently when we’ve been chasing games.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    A good move, we need SA back to full fitness, not going to get the required game time with us

@hibs.net private member
    As long as this isn't us looking to move him on. I'd still rather keep him here this season especially with the cup still to play for.

Makes sense

@hibs.net private member
    After my initial shock & confusion at this, I’m of the mind that this really makes a lot of sense.

The guy needs to play football to get back to the level required for us and we can’t offer that until the Pre-season. He’ll come back fitter and stronger.

Would rather it was Raith or Dunfermline mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I reckon this is a strange one.

If he’s fit to play for them then surely he’s fit to play for us?

I’d have used him recently when we’ve been chasing games.
    I’m not so sure it’s strange. Reading what Ross has had to say, it’s a player that is frustrated at being available but not getting any game time.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    A good move, we need SA back to full fitness, not going to get the required game time with us
    Will it do much for his overall fitness if he’s then going to go on holiday at the end of the season?

Surely if he’s not fit to play for us between now and the end of the season then it’ll be all about his pre-season?

I reckon he’s fit to play and unhappy not getting a game for us so has agitated for a move.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    We’re helping ourselves, and Scott Allan.
    There’s plenty of other clubs he could’ve went to and would’ve bit our hand off. Scot Gardner and Neil McCann deserve none of our help.

It’s also not going to help us considering he’ll not be back until pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m not so sure it’s strange. Reading what Ross has had to say, it’s a player that is frustrated at being available but not getting any game time.
    I haven’t read any comments but that would make more sense to me (see my comment above).

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    We should have been giving him game time IMO. Other players have been getting chucked on with 20 minutes to that have made no sense while Scott was sat on the bench.

He has stated he feels in the best shape he has been in and has been deemed fit enough to be on the bench so not really getting why we couldn’t have been slowly giving him more game time each week to build him back to full fitness, especially when it’s clear as day that we’re crying out for a creative player to make our play more exciting and attack minded.

Surprised raith or Dunfermline didn’t ask the question. Sensible move to give him game time. Scott will feel much better heading into the close season with a few games under his belt.

I haven’t read any comments but that would make more sense to me (see my comment above).
    "We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Presented as helping Allan but to me, the manager just hasn’t wanted to play him. He was never going to get match fit without any match involvement.

Seems viable to give him game time, assuming he plays every week.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    There’s plenty of other clubs he could’ve went to and would’ve bit our hand off. Scot Gardner and Neil McCann deserve none of our help.

It’s also not going to help us considering he’ll not be back until pre season.
    It will help us a great deal, it will help demonstrate whether the treatment he is receiving for his Heart condition will help him be able to play a full 90 mins without experiencing the extreme fatigue he was having. It will also allow him to play football regularly again which having been out for a long (and no doubt stressful at times) period, should hopefully improve both his mental health and confidence that he still has a career in the game.

Out of interest, what is it exactly that Scot Gardiner and Neil McCann have done to offend you so much except having previously been associated with Hearts and Rangers?

Makes sense. We have 5 games left and he isn't likely to feature. Get him a few games then ready to go for pre season and Europe.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

"We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Presented as helping Allan but to me, the manager just hasn’t wanted to play him. He was never going to get match fit without any match involvement.
    Agree completely.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    We should have been giving him game time IMO. Other players have been getting chucked on with 20 minutes to that have made no sense while Scott was sat on the bench.

He has stated he feels in the best shape he has been in and has been deemed fit enough to be on the bench so not really getting why we couldn’t have been slowly giving him more game time each week to build him back to full fitness, especially when it’s clear as day that we’re crying out for a creative player to make our play more exciting and attack minded.
    20 minutes of game time is meaningless when we need to test how his treatment is helping his ability to last a full 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    It will help us a great deal, it will help demonstrate whether the treatment he is receiving for his Heart condition will help him be able to play a full 90 mins without experiencing the extreme fatigue he was having. It will also allow him to play football regularly again which having been out for a long (and no doubt stressful at times) period, should hopefully improve both his mental health and confidence that he still has a career in the game.

Out of interest, what is it exactly that Scot Gardiner and Neil McCann have done to offend you so much except having previously been associated with Hearts and Rangers?
    Scot Gardiner is a prick, plain and simple. McCann has previous for absolutely ruining players (Scott Bain anyone). Pair of dinosaurs up there.

Inverness have 6 games left. It’s definitely not going to benefit us. If Allan’s treatment wasn’t working then he wouldn’t have been training and in match day squads for us. The testing he had to go through to get back there’s absolutely no chance we’d have been taking that chance if we weren’t sure.

Jack Ross league record is obviously very good, the table doesn't lie, but he does have a problem accommodating flair players. There's been quite a few opportunities to get Scott on as a sub to get some minutes.
    Fingers crossed once Scott is fully up to speed and with games under his belt that he can be a part of Jack's first choice 11.
    We can be functional and steady in the league but to win cups, win Euro league games and upset the Old Firm there has to be class players in the team.
    Hopefully this is the first step back.

Yeah, so it seems.

I’m a bit uneasy about this tbh.

A fit Scott Allan walks into any team outwith the OF. Either he isn’t as fit as he thinks he is or Jack Ross just doesn’t fancy him that much. Neither situation is that great.

I can see why he’d be pissed off. If Hallberg gets on ahead of him when we’re chasing the game in Perth, when is he going to get a chance? He’s shown in flashes what he can do when making appearances off the bench.

Yeah, so it seems.

I’m a bit uneasy about this tbh.

A fit Scott Allan walks into any team outwith the OF. Either he isn’t as fit as he thinks he is or Jack Ross just doesn’t fancy him that much. Neither situation is that great.

I can see why he’d be pissed off. If Hallberg gets on ahead of him when we’re chasing the game in Perth, when is he going to get a chance? He’s shown in flashes what he can do when making appearances off the bench.
    That was the game that I was thinking about when I mentioned that Ross just doesn’t want to play him really.

As someone else says, it might be a case that he’s not as fit as he thinks. But after that game, I wasn’t really expecting to see him again this season and thought it was utterly pointless him being there anyway.

Why would you play a player who doesn’t feel capable of making an impact. I imagine the hope was that if we were comfortable in a game then Allan could’ve got some reasonable game time and worked from there. Throwing him under the bus when we’re chasing games or playing the best teams in the country would be a great way to get him back playing...

This way his ability will pull him through the first couple of games to get up to speed playing for a manager that he knows and played well under before

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I can't imagine our manager being so weak as to lie to us about this. If he didn't want to play Scott then he'd say something about having enough cover in the middle so there would be few, if any, opportunities for him to play.

Also, he wouldn't say it was Scott's "strong desire" to go on loan if it wasn't.

Clearly Scott feels he's only up to a bit part contribution in the Premiership so he wants to sharpen up at a lower level.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Why would you play a player who doesn’t feel capable of making an impact. I imagine the hope was that if we were comfortable in a game then Allan could’ve got some reasonable game time and worked from there. Throwing him under the bus when we’re chasing games or playing the best teams in the country would be a great way to get him back playing...

This way his ability will pull him through the first couple of games to get up to speed playing for a manager that he knows and played well under before
    Yet we put him on against St Johnstone in the cup pumping when we were absolutely chasing the game.