hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr Football

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read on JKB today that since Budge took over they've signed 14 players per season on average (90 odd in total).
    I wonder how many have come in the doors at Hibs in that time? Can't be far off the same?
    Or maybe I'm making that up 🤪

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    [/B]

Preston said that during the commentary at 2-0 down, he said if Queens score another the cardboard cut outs will be leaving. Very funny at the time (and now).
    Did they leave or do own goals not count?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I read on JKB today that since Budge took over they've signed 14 players per season on average (90 odd in total).
    Which is incredible. Can remember when they were boasting how many great young players they had they then signed loads of players imo unnecessarily? Deffo seemed like an unnecessary number of signings with murmurings of close relationships with certain agents?
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 27-03-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I wonder how many have come in the doors at Hibs in that time? Can't be far off the same?
    Or maybe I'm making that up
    Apart from when Stubbs first arrived and we didn't have enough players left for a first team, I don't think we've signed anything like 14 players in any one season, let alone that being an average.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Did they leave or do own goals not count?
    They stayed for the glorious comeback

Signing the Greek Ballack was another cracker and SJM carried him the whole game during our 3-1 victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    ....and don't worry Craig, yer good ones usually get emptied and come to Hibs and make us money
    I thought Hearts got 」5 and a packet of Monster Munch when we sold Jason ? 😂

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Which is incredible. Can remember when they were boasting how many great young players they had they then signed loads of players imo unnecessarily? Deffo seemed like an unnecessary number of signings with murmurings of close relationships with certain agents?
    They always seem to sign 5 or 6 new big strikers and wingers each window. Always the same type with similar records. They all seem to vanish after a few games before they move on to the next one.

My personal favourite on BrokeBack today is "In the last week we have played Arbroath, Brora Rangers and Queen of the South. Not one win [not even 3 draws actually 😂].That is outrageous..." 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Listening to Alan Preston all tears and snotters was wonderful

:
    His name should be soggy biscuits these days.

Hearts now are a bit like Hibs in that listless period in the early to mid 10s when we were churning through managers and players whilst failing to properly address the glaring issues behind the scenes. Good players and good managers don't thrive when everything else isn't in place so when you have players and a manager that fall below that standard you are asking for trouble.

For any faults he had Rod Petrie recognised his shortcomings in that area and made appointments to try and rectify it. When he got it right the club as a whole and the team on the park quickly started on an upward trajectory. I don't see any evidence those in charge at Hearts recognise or are addressing the problems they have at the moment. I daresay McInnes or Neil would improve them but it still looks like it would be on pretty shaky foundations. There are fundamental problems at the club and the turnover of players and 5 soon to be 6 managers in 5 years shows that.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    It was a master stroke for LD and RG to visit Queen Anne and helps sustain the illusion that Hearts were running a great operation.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Not boasting or anything but how many of that 90 odd would have got anywhere near our starting eleven? The answer underlies their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    It was a master stroke for LD and RG to visit Queen Anne and helps sustain the illusion that Hearts were running a great operation.
    I'd forgotten about that one. She goes to the press boasting about how clubs were contacting to find out how to run a club well and in fact Hibs were there just the other day. What had probably happened was Budge called Leeann and invited her over and Leeann being the polite friendly neighbour agreed. Leeann then had to put up with Budge rambling on for a couple of hours about how brilliant she is.

We got to see the reality of the Mickey Mouse operation they've got behind the scenes in the BBC docusoap.

If I could be bothered I'd look up how much profit they've made in the Budge era and subtract the fans and James Anderson donations to see what the underlying losses are. Okay there'd be an argument that they've built a stand and they would have cut their cloth accordingly as far as other spending goes but I don't think that would even come close to explaining away those underlying losses. Also make you wonder how bad the team would be without all that extra money.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Hibs & Hearts should definitely work together on some things. Certain community initiatives, strategy when dealing with the OF duopoly, etc.

She was pathetic though holding herself up as an example. It's easy when tens of millions of pounds of historic debt are written off and you have millions per year in donations to play with.

Or maybe it isn't..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Listening to Alan Preston all tears and snotters was wonderful

:
    Off topic but does he still represent Kieran Tierney?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Off topic but does he still represent Kieran Tierney?
    The company he works for, Stellar Sports do
    I知 presuming he値l be looked after by a southern based employee now
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 28-03-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The company he works for, Stellar Sports do
    I知 presuming he値l be looked after by a southern based employee now
    Preston was on Off The Ball a while back speaking about Tierney and his move to Arsenal.

He came across well and was quite open about the fact he was part of wider team who facilitated these big money deals.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Yes,they were very impressed with the chip pan proudly displayed in the tiny trophy room.