hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marciano

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Marciano

Hapoel Be’er Sheva supposedly monitoring his situation, whatever that means.

Reckon they’re ready to pounce if he doesn’t sign a new deal. Would be decent if we could get something sorted.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Reckon they’re ready to pounce if he doesn’t sign a new deal. Would be decent if we could get something sorted.
    I heard his apartment is up for sale ...

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I heard his apartment is up for sale ...
    they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If true, I imagine that could be difficult to turn down for Rocky. Yes he has a young family, set to get even bigger, but after a year without being able to see any family back in Israel, a move back to a big club could be enticing.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I suspect Rocky could be away.

However, I thought for sure that Newell would be away, so maybe it's not best to listen to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Great reply 👍🏻

Left by mutual consent!
    If he goes I thank him for his time at Hibs and look forward to Macy's better all round game whilst wishing Bogdan was still here 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

Could also depend on his political views as HBS (as they are known) are owned by a right wing nationalist

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Could also depend on his political views as HBS (as they are known) are owned by a right wing nationalist
    Money talks, see old firm

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    If he goes I thank him for his time at Hibs and look forward to Macy's better all round game whilst wishing Bogdan was still here 😀
    Mind Macey is only here til the summer too...

Could be a big year for Dabrowski.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Indeed. Definitely don't want to start a slag Rocky thread but I'll breathe easier at corners and free kicks with a different goalkeeper.

Indeed. Definitely don't want to start a slag Rocky thread but I'll breathe easier at corners and free kicks with a different goalkeeper.
    Have we lost a goal from a corner this season?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Best keeper since Leighton. It’ll be a sad day when he leaves. I’m sure we’ll have a list of possible replacements but we’ve seen how poor dime if these hsbe been in the past.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Apart from 1 year on loan at Royal Excel Mouscron in Belgium this is the longest he and his wife have been out of Israel, it could just be he feels it's time to go back home, he's 31 now and probably got another 2-3 years left at a decent level, his thoughts will be o his future. The longer his contract drags on, the less likely I feel he'll sign, hopefully I' wrong though and if he does go I'd like us to go for the Dundee U keeper.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Think you'll be in a small minority then. Marciano has been very good for us.

Would be good to see some stats re goalkeeper distribution, his long throws are excellent and he is looking constantly to get things moving. I actually think his close skills with the ball at feet are above average too. And yes he punts the occasional ball out the park but which goalie doesnt.

Never quite signed up to the "his distribution is mince" chat

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    FFS did I say we have? I just don't feel confident with his tendency to stay on his line ok?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Would be good to see some stats re goalkeeper distribution, his long throws are excellent and he is looking constantly to get things moving. I actually think his close skills with the ball at feet are above average too. And yes he punts the occasional ball out the park but which goalie doesnt.

Never quite signed up to the "his distribution is mince" chat
    Addressing your "constantly looking to get things moving" comment. I agree when he has the ball he runs to the edge of the box. Maybe start watching how often he actually finds a decent "get things moving" throw.

FFS did I say we have? I just don't feel confident with his tendency to stay on his line ok?
    Shouldn’t be so touchy .Don’t you think it’s reasonable when someone wants a goalie better at corners to ask how many we lose at corners?However as you’re asking if it’ s ok not to feel confident about elements of his game well that’s fine by me.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    FFS I read that as HIBS. Near shat myself thinking how did I miss that Ron was that way inclined.

Left by mutual consent!
    Shouldn’t be so touchy .Don’t you think it’s reasonable when someone wants a goalie better at corners to ask how many we lose at corners?However as you’re asking if it’ s ok not to feel confident about elements of his game well that’s fine by me.
    Yes you're right of course. I'm probably just so pissed off with the whataboutery argument so common these days.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    please stay shelly

and Ofir as well of course
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 25-02-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Think that might be the context of JR's message about peoples contract situation.

There will come a point where we can't afford to wait on Marciano to sign a new deal and will need to plan for next season on the basis of him leaving, which would then lead us to use the money we are budgeting for Marciano's new contract on a contract for Macey instead.

Yes you're right of course. I'm probably just so pissed off with the whataboutery argument so common these days.
    Best keeper we could probably afford. 3rd in the clean sheets table having missed 5 games. Came out and rather confidently punched one to safety last weekend, very rarely does a keeper command his area, and rightly so. Allow the defenders to defend rather than get blocked off or caught in no mans land trying to be the hero.

League cup semi final

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Best keeper we could probably afford. 3rd in the clean sheets table having missed 5 games. Came out and rather confidently punched one to safety last weekend, very rarely does a keeper command his area, and rightly so. Allow the defenders to defend rather than get blocked off or caught in no mans land trying to be the hero.
    I'm obviously from a different era than you when keepers commanded the box and instilled the whole team with confidence. How many times recently has there been a mix up between Rocky and a defender? Even our Hibs tv commentators have said on more than one occasion "we should have heard Rocky shouting from up here"
    But hey here we are doing exactly what I didnt want....arguing over how good a keeper he is. I'll repeat, I'll thank him for his time at Hibs and wish him well if he goes.

I'm obviously from a different era than you when keepers commanded the box and instilled the whole team with confidence. How many times recently has there been a mix up between Rocky and a defender? Even our Hibs tv commentators have said on more than one occasion "we should have heard Rocky shouting from up here"
    But hey here we are doing exactly what I didnt want....arguing over how good a keeper he is. I'll repeat, I'll thank him for his time at Hibs and wish him well if he goes.
    You answered your own question, a different era. This isn’t that era. Balls are different, the move different, they move faster through the air, teams set up differently, more bodies are committed into the box at corners. Let the defenders defend, it’s that simple.

First Team Breakthrough
    Find myself distinctly ambivalent about Rocky.Don’t think he is a bad keeper nor do I think he is great.I see him as being petty reliable but struggle to recall many games when he has been the difference between a win or draw.If he heads back to Israel I wish him well apart from the inevitable games he will play against Scotland..

So just any different goalkeeper?

You don't want to keep our quality, international keeper over an unknown? I know which situation has me breathing easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Find myself distinctly ambivalent about Rocky.Don’t think he is a bad keeper nor do I think he is great.I see him as being petty reliable but struggle to recall many games when he has been the difference between a win or draw.If he heads back to Israel I wish him well apart from the inevitable games he will play against Scotland..
    This has to be a windup right? Thats his main quality. He has done that many times, especially against the old firm.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    So just any different goalkeeper?

You don't want to keep our quality, international keeper over an unknown? I know which situation has me breathing easier.
    Happy for you, its all about opinions eh?