hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not fit enough?
    Which he’d get if Ross gave him some game time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    The usual knock stations on here.... the quotes from the club show it’s a positive move for both parties.

If we achieve Europe for next season the first few games will be before our preseason or at least during the preseason.... by going out on loan it allows Allan to get a head start on his fitness and match fitness... it’s a long road back after being out for so long, we have to remember that it’s not a muscle strain or ligament damage he is recovering from... it’s a heart condition, it’s not the same road back to fitness..

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Why would you think that???
    I just think his days as a top flight footballer are over and that we’ll see more of him in the tv studios than on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Will it do much for his overall fitness if he’s then going to go on holiday at the end of the season?

Surely if he’s not fit to play for us between now and the end of the season then it’ll be all about his pre-season?

I reckon he’s fit to play and unhappy not getting a game for us so has agitated for a move.
    I'm conflicted about it, I've been thinking he's an excellent option to have when required, but if it's not working for him (which might impact his effectiveness when used) then maybe going somewhere where things will be more 'normal'... regular training, games etc, a wee rest then hit the ground running with the rest of the team in preseason... sorted!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I can't imagine our manager being so weak as to lie to us about this. If he didn't want to play Scott then he'd say something about having enough cover in the middle so there would be few, if any, opportunities for him to play.

Also, he wouldn't say it was Scott's "strong desire" to go on loan if it wasn't.

Clearly Scott feels he's only up to a bit part contribution in the Premiership so he wants to sharpen up at a lower level.
    Just because he hasn't played him that much doesn't mean he wants to loan him out.

It makes sense in a way but it's not usual. I doubt he will be back if Ross stays. Whats the strategy? That he goes up there starts all games, plays really well and then he comes back and he's a part of Ross' starting 11 again? Nah. Can't see it. Good luck to him he deserves all the success in the world, he of all people, deserves it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    It’s a catch 22, he’s not fit enough to play but won’t get fitter without game time. Reads like you are looking for an excuse to point the finger.

Changed his opinion ? Prefers others over him ?
    The overwhelming evidence suggests that neither of those are the case.

He's been out for months with a career threatening condition. You don't get up to top six premiership level over night especially after something like that. I like Scott but there's no way he's ready to start games at our level yet. This move will benefit both him and us.

@hibs.net private member
    And it would impact the team while we’re chasing our highest league position in years. That would be crazier than letting him go and get fit elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Just because he hasn't played him that much doesn't mean he wants to loan him out.

It makes sense in a way but it's not usual. I doubt he will be back if Ross stays. Whats the strategy? That he goes up there starts all games, plays really well and then he comes back and he's a part of Ross' starting 11 again? Nah. Can't see it. Good luck to him he deserves all the success in the world, he of all people, deserves it
    Of course that’s the strategy... why is that so far fetched!! Allan wants to be in contention for a starting place and currently feels he isn’t fit enough to be that.... like I’ve said catch 22. Going out on loan is a huge positive for all of us.... thankfully we have the luxury of having a strong enough squad to allow this to happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's been out for months with a career threatening condition. You don't get up to top six premiership level over night especially after something like that. I like Scott but there's no way he's ready to start games at our level yet. This move will benefit both him and us.
    Life threatening.... not just career threatening.... as I have pointed out in past posts.... it’s not a sporting injury he is recovering from.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I’m not suggesting he should start, but he’s an excellent option to bring on when defences are tiring. He managed to set up Nisbet for a great chance in a recent game. Ross clearly doesn’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Life threatening.... not just career threatening.... as I have pointed out in past posts.... it’s not a sporting injury he is recovering from.
    That is true

Of course that’s the strategy... why is that so far fetched!! Allan wants to be in contention for a starting place and currently feels he isn’t fit enough to be that.... like I’ve said catch 22. Going out on loan is a huge positive for all of us.... thankfully we have the luxury of having a strong enough squad to allow this to happen.
    I can't think of it happening to a player of his level. Happy to be proven wrong if you know otherwise

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I used to think similarly, but the games are too important just now to use them to get players fit.

If Scott was 100% then I'd question why he wasn't being used, but I wouldn't want to risk points by weakening the midfield if he's not.

Bringing him on against St Johnstone at 3-0 made sense because the game was gone.

Our recent games have been far too tight to take risks.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

It’s sad that folk are using this as an excuse to bash Jack Ross.
    It really is...some on here never waste an opportunity to bash our manager...this place reeks sometimes

we have to remember that it’s not a muscle strain or ligament damage he is recovering from... it’s a heart condition, it’s not the same road back to fitness..
    That's a very good point.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I’d also add to this that considering just a few months ago Allan thought he might never be able to play again, he’s maybe just desperate to play every week again?

I can't imagine our manager being so weak as to lie to us about this. If he didn't want to play Scott then he'd say something about having enough cover in the middle so there would be few, if any, opportunities for him to play.

Also, he wouldn't say it was Scott's "strong desire" to go on loan if it wasn't.

Clearly Scott feels he's only up to a bit part contribution in the Premiership so he wants to sharpen up at a lower level.
    I never said it wasn’t Allan’s desire to go on loan. The complete opposite is obvious, in that it’s him that’s pushed for it because of lack of opportunity to play here. It wont be a case of Allan not thinking he can’t contribute in the Premiership for me, it’s the fact that he isn’t getting the opportunity to do so.

Irrespective of the level, he needs games to get himself up to speed. I can see why he’d want to go out. I can’t see why we wanted to keep him if it was just to fill a space on the bench (which wasn’t going to get him any fitter).

I used to think similarly, but the games are too important just now to use them to get players fit.

If Scott was 100% then I'd question why he wasn't being used, but I wouldn't want to risk points by weakening the midfield if he's not.

Bringing him on against St Johnstone at 3-0 made sense because the game was gone.

Our recent games have been far too tight to take risks.
    That's where I am. I'd worry bringing Scott off the bench against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen he'd be swallowed up. It's a stretch too far for him at the moment and seems he knows that himself. Would do him and us more harm than good. He's been through hell, it will take time for him to get back to that level.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    "We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Presented as helping Allan but to me, the manager just hasn’t wanted to play him. He was never going to get match fit without any match involvement.
    .....That was my first thought...IMO.

Scott wants to go on loan.

If he gets fit, he will return and he will play. Isn't that the plan for most loaners, albeit with youngsters it's more about experience than fitness?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 27-03-2021 at 11:18 AM.

I’m not suggesting he should start, but he’s an excellent option to bring on when defences are tiring. He managed to set up Nisbet for a great chance in a recent game. Ross clearly doesn’t think so.
    Hes not at the level required to make an impact for us in Top6 matches whats so hard to understand about that??
    The games he has come on in St J at Hampden and Motherwell at home he's made very little impact and its not fair on him playing a bit part when he's trying to get his fitness levels back up...I dont get why this isn't seen as anything other than a good move for all concerned, tho I do agree id have preferred him to go to Raith or Pars rather than the Jambo love affair of ICT

I can't think of it happening to a player of his level. Happy to be proven wrong if you know otherwise
    Can you think of any other players, at any level, who developed a heart condition?

And it would impact the team while we’re chasing our highest league position in years. That would be crazier than letting him go and get fit elsewhere.
    As I’ve said I wouldn’t be starting him, but he’s an option to come off the bench. If you think he’s so far off it he would be a total liability coming on for the last 20 or so minutes then fair enough. I don’t.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    .....That was my first thought...IMO.
    Why would your first thought be to not believe the club you support?

@hibs.net private member
    As I’ve said I wouldn’t be starting him, but he’s an option to come off the bench. If you think he’s so far off it he would be a total liability coming on for the last 20 or so minutes then fair enough. I don’t.
    He does though and that’s probably more important than what me or you think given we have no knowledge of his condition.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Good luck up there Scott. Get the game time you want, get back to full fitness and then get yourself back here for a European jaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I never said it wasn’t Allan’s desire to go on loan. The complete opposite is obvious, in that it’s him that’s pushed for it because of lack of opportunity to play here. It wont be a case of Allan not thinking he can’t contribute in the Premiership for me, it’s the fact that he isn’t getting the opportunity to do so.

Irrespective of the level, he needs games to get himself up to speed. I can see why he’d want to go out. I can’t see why we wanted to keep him if it was just to fill a space on the bench (which wasn’t going to get him any fitter).
    He's said he doesn't think he can contribute at Premiership level. I think I agree with your second paragraph. I think Ross means that ideally he'd like to keep Scott, and has wanted to use him, but he's not fit enough.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Good move for all.
    Totally agree with you this time

Ideally he needs to play a few games then have a good pre-season then we'll see how he is at the beginning of next season.