hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, so it seems.

I’m a bit uneasy about this tbh.

A fit Scott Allan walks into any team outwith the OF. Either he isn’t as fit as he thinks he is or Jack Ross just doesn’t fancy him that much. Neither situation is that great.

I can see why he’d be pissed off. If Hallberg gets on ahead of him when we’re chasing the game in Perth, when is he going to get a chance? He’s shown in flashes what he can do when making appearances off the bench.
    I feel the same. I don’t think Jack Ross sees him as a key player for us at all.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Scot Gardiner is a prick, plain and simple. McCann has previous for absolutely ruining players (Scott Bain anyone). Pair of dinosaurs up there.

Inverness have 6 games left. It’s definitely not going to benefit us. If Allan’s treatment wasn’t working then he wouldn’t have been training and in match day squads for us. The testing he had to go through to get back there’s absolutely no chance we’d have been taking that chance if we weren’t sure.
    Scott himself has personally asked for a loan move and look at the quotes from our manager, “he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option”. Maybe you should tell Scott not to bother with his loan move as you obviously know what will benefit the club and himself better than he does - or alternatively you could grow up and stop moaning because he’s going to a football club that employ a couple of ex-Jambos.

Good move for all.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That was the game that I was thinking about when I mentioned that Ross just doesn’t want to play him really.

As someone else says, it might be a case that he’s not as fit as he thinks. But after that game, I wasn’t really expecting to see him again this season and thought it was utterly pointless him being there anyway.
    What do people mean by “he’s not as fit as he thinks”?

Hasn’t he said himself that he’s not quite there hence he wants out on loan (for those of us that don’t think jack ross is lying about that)?

The solution should have been easy here. Scott needs game time and we can benefit from an extremely talented player to come in and give us 20 mins when legs are tired and his brain and vision can help us.
    The fact Ross wont do that saddens me.

Good for Scott that he just wants to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Yet we put him on against St Johnstone in the cup pumping when we were absolutely chasing the game.
    Yes and there’s probably a reason why that’s not been done again. The bedwetting from some over this is mental. Allan was playing every week after Ross came in last season and for the first month of this one so the whole thing about Ross not liking him doesn’t stand up at all.

This way he could easily get 8/9 games out of this move, get his confidence back and enjoy playing again. Then next season he’s had a full pre season as well and all of that is good for us.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    The solution should have been easy here. Scott needs game time and we can benefit from an extremely talented player to come in and give us 20 mins when legs are tired and his brain and vision can help us.
    The fact Ross wont do that saddens me.

Good for Scott that he just wants to play though.
    Scott has said that he doesn't think he can do what you want from him. He's said he'd like to go on loan to continue his rehabilitation.

It saddens me that you think he's lying.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Scott himself has personally asked for a loan move and look at the quotes from our manager, “he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option”. Maybe you should tell Scott not to bother with his loan move as you obviously know what will benefit the club and himself better than he does - or alternatively you could grow up and stop moaning because he’s going to a football club that employ a couple of ex-Jambos.
    Your talking about Scott proving to Hibs that he can play 90 minutes while recovering, your quote there is nothing to do with that. It’s about playing games just now, but that won’t benefit us next season as hell start again in pre season anyway, and they only have 6 games left, it’s hardly game changing amounts.

Neil McCann isn’t a good manager and has previous for wrecking players, Scott could barely get a start when he was at Dundee under him - is that really going to change now when he’s barely played for a year and Inverness are scrapping?

Heehaw to do with ‘ex hearts’ and more to do with how they are as people.

Like I said, there’s plenty other clubs out there.

Understandable move. Scott knows the best way to get back to his best is playing regularly. Also a decent signing for Inverness in their push for promotion.

It's a bit odd that Ross seems to suggest he doesn't want him to go on loan though rather that we are facilitating it at the request of the player.

If the player doesn't think he is fit, the manager hasn't been playing him and the player is desperate to play and go on loan then I don't get why we would have preferred to do something different.

It's probably much ado about nothing but I find the wording Ross uses strange.

Your talking about Scott proving to Hibs that he can play 90 minutes while recovering, your quote there is nothing to do with that. It’s about playing games just now, but that won’t benefit us next season as hell start again in pre season anyway, and they only have 6 games left, it’s hardly game changing amounts.

Neil McCann isn’t a good manager and has previous for wrecking players, Scott could barely get a start when he was at Dundee under him - is that really going to change now when he’s barely played for a year and Inverness are scrapping?

Scott Allen knows what Neil McCann is like and he wants to play for him.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

It would be a strange decision by your pal McCann to take him on loan if he has no intentions of using him.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Like others I get the impression Ross doesn’t really rate Allan unlike his golden boy Newell. Nor would I totally trust everything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It would be a strange decision by your pal McCann to take him on loan if he has no intentions of using him.
    He probably should have prefaced that comment with "ideally".

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Yes and there’s probably a reason why that’s not been done again. The bedwetting from some over this is mental. Allan was playing every week after Ross came in last season and for the first month of this one so the whole thing about Ross not liking him doesn’t stand up at all.

This way he could easily get 8/9 games out of this move, get his confidence back and enjoy playing again. Then next season he’s had a full pre season as well and all of that is good for us.
    Bed wetting because we want our best and most creative player kept at the club

@hibs.net private member
    It’s sad that folk are using this as an excuse to bash Jack Ross.

Bed wetting because we want our best and most creative player kept at the club
    Of course it's an overreaction.

The player isn't fit enough so he's taking steps to remedy that. That should be applauded, not condemned.

Neil McCann had quite a few problems at Dundee and probably most of his own making but he's maybe learnt from that?
    The impression I got was that he tried to get the team playing a passing game and possibly over reached with the ability of the players available, Scott could help with that and get his spark back again?
    That said he could only get game time off the bench at Dundee so it may be more of the same for him at ICT.
    We'll find out soon and I'm rooting for it to be a great success

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Was always going to be a difficult situation.

I felt as soon as his health issue was made public that his time as a player with us was pretty much over.

Doubt he’ll play for us again and wish him all the best whatever he does next.

What do people mean by “he’s not as fit as he thinks”?

Hasn’t he said himself that he’s not quite there hence he wants out on loan (for those of us that don’t think jack ross is lying about that)?
    Re the first bit, I think that’s fairly obvious. Allan has said he’s feeling good and wants to play. Ross watches him every day and possibly disagrees with that, hence the lack of game time, even from the bench. If it’s not that scenario, then the only other reason for not getting him on the pitch is that he doesn’t see a place for him in the team (even if not from the start) at the moment. Thought it became quite clear there wasn’t any intention of using him, whatever the reason.

Will be interesting to see how much he does play, and if he gets chucked out at left midfield again like the last time.

Blog Entries
    If it’s going to get him much more game time, that’s fine. I’m surprised at where he’s going ( I can’t stand the club and the folk running it.) I wonder how this has come about? Did they approach us? Did we actively look for a club?

Yet we put him on against St Johnstone in the cup pumping when we were absolutely chasing the game.
    Were we not already 3-0 down? Game was done and dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Like others I get the impression Ross doesn’t really rate Allan unlike his golden boy Newell. Nor would I totally trust everything he says.
    If he doesn’t rate him why did he start him in the vast majority of games since he became manager until Allan had to stop playing?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I felt as soon as his health issue was made public that his time as a player with us was pretty much over.

There’s a lot of assumptions being made there with nothing to back it up.

United we stand here....

If Scott felt he wasn't at the required level to make an impact in the top 6 of the Premiership yet then he deserves enormous credit for pushing to go out on loan. It'll do his body and mind the world of good playing out the season at that level.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    If he doesn’t rate him why did he start him in the vast majority of games since he became manager until Allan had to stop playing?
    Changed his opinion ? Prefers others over him ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Changed his opinion ? Prefers others over him ?
    Not fit enough?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Why would you think that???

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There’s a lot of assumptions being made there with nothing to back it up.
    Geez, no assumptions at all, just a gut feeling.

I’m hardly claiming to be in the know or stating anything to be a fact ffs!