hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Go support Man U/City

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...ailed-20255922

Oh dear, Robbie Replay's comment here seems to have them frothing at the mouth over on BroraBack - seeeeeeeeeetttthhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Oh dear, Robbie Replay's comment here seems to have them frothing at the mouth over on BroraBack - seeeeeeeeeetttthhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    When I first saw it referenced on here I couldn't believe he'd actually said that. It's the sort of line that might just about work when fans are overreacting to a bad result against Kilmarnock or something.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

How to make yourself even more unpopular after the worst result in your history
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Said somewhere else, he could easily have taken a look at the Highland league and told the drones to go watch Brora Rangers if they want a team dominating the league and on a good cup run as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    That's in the same league as "Go to the cinema if you want entertainment".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Your average Hearts fan probably think they are bigger than Man City.

@hibs.net private member

Still quoting "our demotion last season" instead of "relegation.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Do you think so, I don't mean that aggressively. Williamson's comment wasn't after the worst result in our history

It's an unbelievably crass thing to say. They are playing in a very weak league with a team budget that dwarfs that of most premiership clubs. They have just suffered the worst result in their history.
    When Lennon arrived with us he made it quite clear that our club's mentality must be to win every game.
    Robbie Replay can't have a winning mentality, hope he sticks around for a few seasons yet🙂

They've won the same amount of trophies as Man Utd in the last few seasons.

What a mess of an interview. His grovelling to the Hearts fans is the most demeaning thing I've seen from a manager in some time.

Come on Robbie, you're doing a grand job. Show some backbone and self-pride.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

I want Robbie to be Hearts manager forever. I think I prefer his press conferences to Ian Cathro's and that's saying something.

Schematics/If you remove the goalposts/it's OK/we'll have to beat them again

vs

Money Spinning Replay/if you want to win every week go Support Man Utd or Man City

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    FOH pledges will plummet following that and Anne Budges statement.

Budged It.

@hibs.net private member
    This reply is a belter - short and to the point

SpruceBringsteen
    Squad Member
    SpruceBringsteen
    Registered Users A

1,702 posts
    Location - Connecticut
    Donor
    Posted 1 hour ago
    What team should I support if I don't want my eyes to vomit, you soporific prick?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    FOH pledges will plummet following that and Anne Budges statement.

Budged It.
    What did Budge say?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    What did Budge say?
    Something along the lines of reminding them that there was a global pandemic on and that they shouldn't be protesting at the Plaza - came across as very snooty

What did Budge say?
    “The board, management and staff fully understand and share the anger and strength of feeling being expressed by our fans following what was a totally unacceptable performance and result on Tuesday evening.

"We can only echo the comments made by Robbie Neilson after the game. He was stunned and embarrassed, as were we all, by our exit at this stage of the Scottish Cup. It was, as the manager said, completely unacceptable and fell way below the standards that we set and expect at Hearts.

“We completely respect the right of any and all of our supporters to make their voices heard and feelings known in a peaceful and law-abiding manner. However we are aware, from social media, that there is the suggestion of a fans protest at Tynecastle Park on Saturday prior to our Championship fixture with Queen of The South.

"We do not need to remind anyone that we are still in the midst of worldwide pandemic during which our focus has at all times been on ensuring the safety and security of everyone at Tynecastle. Nor do we need to remind you that it is unlawful for crowds to gather in public places due to current Covid restrictions. We must, therefore, urge all fans, in the strongest possible manner, not to congregate at Tynecastle Park on Saturday.

“Everyone associated with the Club feels let down. However the most important thing now is to bounce back. At the start of this season every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong. We are on the cusp of achieving that objective. Let’s not risk success now by allowing frustration and anger to knock us off course. We still have a job to finish.”

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    What did Budge say?
    "Wish I was a Hibby like my brother" or something along those lines.

Basically said to concentrate on promotion and to let them get on with it.

@hibs.net private member
    What did Budge say?
    Actually, when the ****** are we going to finish this stand

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    “The board, management and staff fully understand and share the anger and strength of feeling being expressed by our fans following what was a totally unacceptable performance and result on Tuesday evening.

"We can only echo the comments made by Robbie Neilson after the game. He was stunned and embarrassed, as were we all, by our exit at this stage of the Scottish Cup. It was, as the manager said, completely unacceptable and fell way below the standards that we set and expect at Hearts.

“We completely respect the right of any and all of our supporters to make their voices heard and feelings known in a peaceful and law-abiding manner. However we are aware, from social media, that there is the suggestion of a fans protest at Tynecastle Park on Saturday prior to our Championship fixture with Queen of The South.

"We do not need to remind anyone that we are still in the midst of worldwide pandemic during which our focus has at all times been on ensuring the safety and security of everyone at Tynecastle. Nor do we need to remind you that it is unlawful for crowds to gather in public places due to current Covid restrictions. We must, therefore, urge all fans, in the strongest possible manner, not to congregate at Tynecastle Park on Saturday.

“Everyone associated with the Club feels let down. However the most important thing now is to bounce back. At the start of this season every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong. We are on the cusp of achieving that objective. Let’s not risk success now by allowing frustration and anger to knock us off course. We still have a job to finish.”
    To be honest that as measured and sensible a statement I have ever heard Budge come out with.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    ooft - that's a belter from Mr Money-Spinner. "here folks, you can't really expect us to be beating the likes of Brora Rangers, if you want those levels, off you **** to Manchester".
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    ooft - that's a belter from Mr Money-Spinner. "here folks, you can't really expect us to be beating the likes of Brora Rangers, if you want those levels, off you **** to Manchester".
    The Berra interview is even worse - how to alienate your fans and your own team mates in one fell swoop 😂 Turnbull and their Comms staff are having a mare this week 😂👍

@hibs.net private member
    That's exactly what I thought of as well. And look how it turned out for him...

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    If they were 16 points clear in the league and people were calling for for his head because they drew with Dunfermline or Dundee..He has a point. It's incredibly rare for teams to go through a whole season without dropping points, no matter what the standard of the opposition.......but telling people to support Man City when you've just been beaten by Brora is just cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    Still quoting "our demotion last season" instead of "relegation.
    Aye - that was the standout for me. They just don’t do the “R” word.

Coaching Staff
    Do you think so, I don't mean that aggressively. Williamson's comment wasn't after the worst result in our history
    It also wasn’t made whilst he was at Hibs but it does seem to get attributed to his time here. I think it may have been after a game at Easter Road but he was Kilmarnock manager when he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    To be honest that as measured and sensible a statement I have ever heard Budge come out with.
    Hmmm. We don’t need to remind anyone - but what the heck, we’ll remind you anyway.

Never thought I'd say this but i genuinely hope Hearts win their next couple of games convincingly so he solidifies his position there. He is an atrocious manager and I'd be gutted if he was punted.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    If they were 16 points clear in the league and people were calling for for his head because they drew with Dunfermline or Dundee..He has a point. It's incredibly rare for teams to go through a whole season without dropping points, no matter what the standard of the opposition.......but telling people to support Man City when you've just been beaten by Brora is just cringeworthy.
    They've only taken full points from one Championship side.

Their budget is (I think) 4th highest in the country.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    “There’s going to be bumps in the road. If you look at the teams that have come down, very few have come straight back up. It took Rangers two years to get up, Hibs were down for three and Dundee United were down for four years.”

Nice of him to try and paint a more glorious picture of the position Hearts are in this year by making it sound they are so much better than the teams above who took multiple years getting back into the SPL.

Comparing Apples and Pears in my opinion.