hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Communications Department

This week we've seen two members of the comms team move on from the Club, with Kenny Millar finishing up on Tuesday and David Ronney just announcing on Twitter that he's joining Everton.

Firstly, I think they've done a great job whilst in post. Hibs' communication is night and day compared to a few years ago - thanks for your work gents and wishing you both the very best for what lies ahead.

We'll have a temporary communications manager in post from Monday, with the new permanent communications and content manager starting in May. Looking forward to seeing the ideas they bring to the table
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 25-03-2021 at 10:20 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This week we've seen two members of the comms team move on from the Club, with Kenny Millar finishing up on Tuesday and David Ronney just announcing on Twitter that he's joining Everton.

Firstly, I think they've done a great job whilst in post. Hibs' communication is night and day compared to a few years ago - thanks for your work gents and wishing you both the very best for what lies ahead.

We'll have a temporary communications manager in post from Monday, with the new permanent communications and content manager stating in May. Looking forward to seeing the ideas they bring to the table
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    Where's Kenny off to?

I didn't realise Kenny was leaving, gutted about that tbh he's always cone across brilliantly and always been great with me any times i havs dealt with him.

Didn't his brother just leave recently also?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I didn't realise Kenny was leaving, gutted about that tbh he's always cone across brilliantly and always been great with me any times i havs dealt with him.

Colin did, yes.

First Team Breakthrough

We'll have a temporary communications manager in post from Monday, with the new permanent communications and content manager stating in May. Looking forward to seeing the ideas they bring to the table
    As an overseas fan I haven't seen any improvement in this space for a few years. The content isn't alluring to me and the written stuff online is tabloid Q&A style which is poor. Can you please say what has legitimately improved in that time? I just feel like the club in 2015 felt closer to me than the club does now.

Interesting to note that they've both left at the same time judging by your post. In my opinion this suggests a forced removal. Did they leave for better things, jump, or were they pushed? Good to see that one of them has something else lined up, though I suspect based on timing of them both departing that Ron has swung the axe. I see someone else has referenced Kenny's brother leaving too which definitely raises my eyebrows. Ron maybe just doesn't fancy them.

I wish them all nothing but the best for the future, even if I wasn't overly enamoured with their work for the club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Would echo that, Kenny has been really supportive of what we did with the podcast (Longbangers) and various other wee bits and bobs here and there. He's a good lad.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Don't know the other chap but Kenny has always come across as a good guy. Anyway, best of luck to both of them.

@hibs.net private member
    Kenny recently unbanned me from the official twitter account after I tweeted some constructive words about Ryan Mcgivern a few years ago 😂

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Good Hibs man is Kenny.
    Done a power of work on testimonial committees too.

Likeable bloke too.

Big fan of Kenny. Looking forward to what comes next.

The best connection I felt with the club due to comms etc was without doubt the Stubbs era with Tom Zinelli doing stuff like outside the box and Fontaine of knowledge.

It's been far too clinical feeling of late, there's a place for that but I think there should also be a place for more laid back and creative stuff to come from the club which engages fans with the players.

First Team Breakthrough

First I have heard of this.Blame the Comms Team myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    As an overseas fan I haven't seen any improvement in this space for a few years. The content isn't alluring to me and the written stuff online is tabloid Q&A style which is poor. Can you please say what has legitimately improved in that time? I just feel like the club in 2015 felt closer to me than the club does now.

Interesting to note that they've both left at the same time judging by your post. In my opinion this suggests a forced removal. Did they leave for better things, jump, or were they pushed? Good to see that one of them has something else lined up, though I suspect based on timing of them both departing that Ron has swung the axe. I see someone else has referenced Kenny's brother leaving too which definitely raises my eyebrows. Ron maybe just doesn't fancy them.

I wish them all nothing but the best for the future, even if I wasn't overly enamoured with their work for the club.
    I agree with you mate and haven't noticed any great changes in communacations between club and fans. In fact I didn't even know who David Rooney is or what he does so his communacation skills didn't reach me

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    With Kenny and Colin Miller leaving, this other communication boy leaving, Dempster leaving months ago and not replaced yet, is there a time we become a bit concerned with things off the park at the club?

I’ve been probably overly critical of the manager at times this season but I can’t help but think if we weren’t doing pretty well on the pitch just now we would be a bit more anxious about what’s happening off it. If we’d appointed a Stendel instead of Ross I think this place would have a different feel about it.

Big few weeks ahead for the club I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    With Kenny and Colin Miller leaving, this other communication boy leaving, Dempster leaving months ago and not replaced yet, is there a time we become a bit concerned with things off the park at the club?

I’ve been probably overly critical of the manager at times this season but I can’t help but think if we weren’t doing pretty well on the pitch just now we would be a bit more anxious about what’s happening off it. If we’d appointed a Stendel instead of Ross I think this place would have a different feel about it.

I'm sure Ron will have his own ideas on what's needed to be successful off the park. It's probably a bit blind faith from me but I just get good vibes from the gadgey and hopefully he will get the right folk involved in taking us up another level

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I'm sure Ron will have his own ideas on what's needed to be successful off the park. It's probably a bit blind faith from me but I just get good vibes from the gadgey and hopefully he will get the right folk involved in taking us up another level

So do I to be fair.

I like Ron and I trust him, I’m just a wee bit concerned at good Hibs people leaving combined with Dempster not being replaced yet.

I wouldn’t say alarm bells are ringing as such, it’s maybe just on my radar a wee bit that if Ross wasn’t doing a good job on the park, people would be saying lore about what’s happening off it.

Wouldn't say we're almost at panic stations because a couple of Comms guys have left the club.

Yes Dempster is an important piece of the puzzle who has not been replaced yet, but I think a lot of that comes down to the covid situation and we've obviously found a temporary workaround since she left

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Wouldn't say we're almost at panic stations because a couple of Comms guys have left the club.

Yes Dempster is an important piece of the puzzle who has not been replaced yet, but I think a lot of that comes down to the covid situation and we've obviously found a temporary workaround since she left
    Agreed, nowhere near panic stations.

More just an observation that good Hibs people have left the club combined with Dempster leaving and not being replaced has made me sit up and take a bit notice.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    So do I to be fair.

I like Ron and I trust him, I’m just a wee bit concerned at good Hibs people leaving combined with Dempster not being replaced yet.

I wouldn’t say alarm bells are ringing as such, it’s maybe just on my radar a wee bit that if Ross wasn’t doing a good job on the park, people would be saying lore about what’s happening off it.
    Almost no fans of any football club really care about who the chief exec is, backroom staff, finances, who comes in, who leaves, the ticket office, the website etc etc......as long as the first team are doing well.

Sweeping statement, but broadly right imo 😁

Agreed, nowhere near panic stations.

More just an observation that good Hibs people have left the club combined with Dempster leaving and not being replaced has made me sit up and take a bit notice.
    Yeh, I agree with what you said around results and Jack Ross though. You're right that had we been poor this season questions might be getting asked on why we let X or y go without replacing, but I think they would be a bit too early if so.

I think its important to give some extra time to Ron given the whole covid situation, we have to remember that just before covid hit we were hearing all about Ron's 5 year plan, potential screens at the ground etc etc. He will have had to revisit things over the last 12 months and it's important to fill positions like Dempster with the right person, not just rush to get anyone in the door asap.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Almost no fans of any football club really care about who the chief exec is, backroom staff, finances, who comes in, who leaves, the ticket office, the website etc etc......as long as the first team are doing well.

Sweeping statement, but broadly right imo 😁
    I’m not far off that myself to be fair.

If we appoint Dempster replacement tomorrow I won’t really care again. I think with it being months ago she left and no replacement yet I probably am a bit aware that if things weren’t right on the park people would be going a bit more radge.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Sweeping statement, but broadly right imo
    I was exactly like that when we first announced Leanne Dempster was joining the hibs and actually think I posted something on here the day hibs announced her arrival and said something along the lines of so ****ing what she can't put the baw in the net. I think I underestimated how much of a positive a really good CEO can be for any club and I had to munch a wee bit humble pie

Ron is the executive chairman. Maybe the need for a chief exec isn't as high up the list as it might be if the chairman is hands on. He doesn't need to be at a desk at ER to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    Ron is the executive chairman. Maybe the need for a chief exec isn't as high up the list as it might be if the chairman is hands on. He doesn't need to be at a desk at ER to get things done.
    Maybe. Why not say that then though?

I’m a big believer that sometimes the best time to speak to your ‘customers’ (i hate that word in that context) is when you have nothing to say.

Season ticket sales are coming up soon, I’m sure the club will want to speak to us then. IMO if you speak to supporters when you’ve got nothing to say but want to stay in touch, it makes it easier to ask for money when the time comes.

Ultimately it’s no that big a deal, as long as the team are doing alright on the park people will still want to get season tickets. That doesn’t mean things couldn’t be handled better behind the scenes though, things won’t be going this well on the pitch forever.

Not knowing who the comms people are isn’t a bad thing. The job is to promote the club across all the socials not promote themselves. My view is our socials have been pretty good through this pandemic. Let’s see what the future brings.

Maybe. Why not say that then though?

I’m a big believer that sometimes the best time to speak to your ‘customers’ (i hate that word in that context) is when you have nothing to say.

Season ticket sales are coming up soon, I’m sure the club will want to speak to us then. IMO if you speak to supporters when you’ve got nothing to say but want to stay in touch, it makes it easier to ask for money when the time comes.

Ultimately it’s no that big a deal, as long as the team are doing alright on the park people will still want to get season tickets. That doesn’t mean things couldn’t be handled better behind the scenes though, things won’t be going this well on the pitch forever.
    I think once society starts to open up we will see a lot more appointments and content being delivered from the club. At the start of the pandemic we made is clear we wanted to divert all energies and monies into the first team and I think that is just what we are doing. Once Europe is delivered and budgets can be properly reviewed and signed off then we will see money being spent elsewhere in the club rather than just the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Not knowing who the comms people are isn’t a bad thing. The job is to promote the club across all the socials not promote themselves. My view is our socials have been pretty good through this pandemic. Let’s see what the future brings.
    I agree to an extent and of course we will all just wait till we see what the future brings, nobody will be rioting at the prospect of a couple of comma guys leaving.

That said, I think one of my concerns is that not many people leave their job during a pandemic through choice (ironically I did but that’s a different story).

The fact it’s Hibs fans leaving jobs working for Hibs during a pandemic that seems a bit odd.

Without knowing any of the facts and using absolute guess work, my assumption would be that they’d either been sacked (seems unlikely seeing as they seemed to be popular guys), they’ve quit (seems unlikely considering how hard it would be to get work elsewhere just now) or they’ve left as they’re not happy at the club (that’s the option that worries me)

Time will tell what the truth is, if it was just a couple of comms guys leaving I wouldn’t give a **** if truth be told. It’s that it’s comms guys who are big Hibs fans leaving during a pandemic when there isn’t many other jobs about that ‘worries’ me a bit.

As I said though, if Hibs appoint Dempster replacement tomorrow I will instantly forget about them, no offence to the Millars of course.

I agree to an extent and of course we will all just wait till we see what the future brings, nobody will be rioting at the prospect of a couple of comma guys leaving.

That said, I think one of my concerns is that not many people leave their job during a pandemic through choice (ironically I did but that’s a different story).

The fact it’s Hibs fans leaving jobs working for Hibs during a pandemic that seems a bit odd.

Without knowing any of the facts and using absolute guess work, my assumption would be that they’d either been sacked (seems unlikely seeing as they seemed to be popular guys), they’ve quit (seems unlikely considering how hard it would be to get work elsewhere just now) or they’ve left as they’re not happy at the club (that’s the option that worries me)

Time will tell what the truth is, if it was just a couple of comms guys leaving I wouldn’t give a **** if truth be told. It’s that it’s comms guys who are big Hibs fans leaving during a pandemic when there isn’t many other jobs about that ‘worries’ me a bit.

As I said though, if Hibs appoint Dempster replacement tomorrow I will instantly forget about them, no offence to the Millars of course.
    I share your concerns.

Not anywhere near panic stations for now but we have had a few good people leave the club recently.

Time will tell but I’m raising an eyebrow, which is many stages short of demonstrating out the back of the West Stand.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I share your concerns.

Not anywhere near panic stations for now but we have had a few good people leave the club recently.

Time will tell but I’m raising an eyebrow, which is many stages short of demonstrating out the back of the West Stand.
    I’d say the amount of turnover of non playing personnel in our club of late is at least worth noting. These are not redundancies, these are active roles that people are choosing to move on from. Higher turnover than in recent years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk