hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Thomas Robert

First Team Breakthrough

Thomas Robert

Should Hibs perhaps be chasing this exciting prospect at Airdrie? He has trialled at Celtic so probably has something-French players are usually good technically..

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's a strange one as he may not be good enough for our first team but to good for our academy team. With the current pandemic and lack of revenue coming in he may be one we will miss out on.

I know what im trying to say, i hope you guys do to 😅

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I'm sure he had an agreement to go to Celtic which is now up in the air.

I think we do need to strengthen to the left side even if we don't get Robert. Jamie Murphy's fitness / availability next season looks like it could be an issue. Though I think he has a better chance of first team football if he came to us over Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we do need to strengthen to the left side even if we don't get Robert. Jamie Murphy's fitness / availability next season looks like it could be an issue. Though I think he has a better chance of first team football if he came to us over Celtic
    Despite missing league games at the start of the season due to being a very late signing and not being able to play in our games against Rangers, Jamie Murphy is one of only 11 Hibs players who have played over a 1000 minutes of league football this season. Hopefully he will benefit from a good pre season in the summer and can play lots of games.
    Thomas Robert will be doing well to sign and play for a bottom 6 team and might be better signing for a good Championship team for a season to see if he can cut it a level up from Airdrie.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think we should try and sign him as there is a dearth of players with real technique. Hibs is the right team for him to flourish..look at S Allan..ER is the ideal home for players of his ilk. It has to be said, I haven't actually seen him play so am relying on what I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    I think we should try and sign him as there is a dearth of players with real technique. Hibs is the right team for him to flourish..look at S Allan..ER is the ideal home for players of his ilk. It has to be said, I haven't actually seen him play so am relying on what I've been told.
    You are recommending we sign a player you haven't seen play.
    That is radio rental.

I saw clips of him scoring a couple of goals at the end of last year but nothing since.
    As is the thing these days every club will be aware of him and will have watched and assessed him and that includes Hibs.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-03-2021 at 03:22 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    You are right to call me out in me saying we should sign him. I mean we should consider looking at and possibly signing him.

Was it not the case that he was being touted for a move to a bigger club before he went to Airidrie? He maybe even turned down bigger clubs to join them!?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I’ve not seen the guy play, but I’d suspect there’s plenty clubs who have had a look at him. He’s still at Airdrie. Celtc had him on trial, but they’ve not signed him. He’s a young player who wouldn’t cost much, if they wanted him they’d have done a deal.

Does the boy just have a good publicist? Are there any actual quotes from any clubs saying they want him?

We do need a left sided midfielder though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Was it not the case that he was being touted for a move to a bigger club before he went to Airidrie? He maybe even turned down bigger clubs to join them!?
    It’s all a bit Hakim Sar Temsoury to me.

There was a boy signed for Partick Th years ago tae, Quentin Jacobs, I’m sure it was claimed he’d knocked back Ajax and other big teams. To come to Scotland. To sign for Partick. He was crap.