hibs.net Messageboard

2020 ST benefits

I was wondering if there would be any benefits to those who put their hand in their pocket to help the club but have since lost their job?
    I’m aware we aren’t Chelsea however it would be nice if some fans who sacrificed much needed cash were rewarded.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'd imagine we might get free entry to a friendly or two in the summer. Few raffles for meetings players etc and a tenner off the new home top and that'll be our lot.

If we want the club to strengthen the playing side again in the summer we can't be expecting much more as it all costs the club money.

I get what you mean but I think our reward will be European football, keeping hold of the likes of Nisbet, potentially agreeing a contract with Jackson Irvine. That kind of thing.
    Last edited by 007; 24-03-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd imagine we might get free entry to a friendly or two in the summer. Few raffles for meetings players etc and a tenner off the new home top and that'll be our lot.

If we want the club to strengthen the playing side again in the summer we can't be expecting much more as it all costs the club money.

I get that. But there is fans who can’t give anymore. I was wondering if anything would be done for them?

I've always thought there could be scope to offer a reduced price ST for those who are unemployed. I know people will argue that is open to abuse but so is any concession ticket.

No one is going to avoid working for the sake of a hundred quid or whatever off a ST at ER. If it means the difference between someone not buying a ticket at all or paying a reduced amount for a season then renewing at full price when they are back in employment then it could be worth it.

Perhaps only those who have held STs previously would be eligible or something. With a few tough years ahead it's a position a lot of people could find themselves in.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've always thought there could be scope to offer a reduced price ST for those who are unemployed. I know people will argue that is open to abuse but so is any concession ticket.

No one is going to avoid working for the sake of a hundred quid or whatever off a ST at ER. If it means the difference between someone not buying a ticket at all or paying a reduced amount for a season then renewing at full price when they are back in employment then it could be worth it.

Perhaps only those who have held STs previously would be eligible or something. With a few tough years ahead it's a position a lot of people could find themselves in.

That’s a great idea. A lot of us bought STs out of love when we thought covid would be done by September (for some reason). I think any discount would be welcome/ignoring those who contributed at a time of unprecedented hardship would be very cold

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsIntl View Post
    That’s a great idea. A lot of us bought STs out of love when we thought covid would be done by September (for some reason). I think any discount would be welcome/ignoring those who contributed at a time of unprecedented hardship would be very cold
    I don’t think it would be cold. Most people bought tickets thinking we would see all or most of the games in the stadium but it wasn’t to be. We’ve had the fall back of watching them all online for our contribution.

Any decision to make reductions next year means we don’t spend as much on the team.

It is hard but it wasn’t of Hibs making and they have tried to direct all our money to making the team better. They’ve said a number of times how grateful they are for all of our support.

I don’t know about the general concept of concessions for unemployment. Football is an entertainment at the end of the day. Sorry that sounds harsh but it is a choice to spend on the football or not.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I think Dundee Utd were first in the league to announce their plans, they are offering around 90% credit towards next seasons tickets but have said they are hoping more than 80% of fans will turn that down based on a survey they carried out.