hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Paul Henderson

Paul Henderson

Just read about this guy and his journey through the traumas of the the COVID pandemic and what he went through like many others happens to be a hibby from the borders very moving

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read about this guy and his journey through the traumas of the the COVID pandemic and what he went through like many others happens to be a hibby from the borders very moving
    A great example of perseverance.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news...burgh-20246317

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I know Paul and his late brother Shaun was in my class at school, tragically killed a few years back. Losing his mum too, he’s been through it. He and his brother Rab are great Hibbies. Shocked at the story but glad he is getting through it.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    He's my cousin and we were all very worried for him and delighted when he pulled through. Apparently the first thing his brother said to him when he came out of the coma was 'the Hearts have been relegated!'

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    NHS

@hibs.net private member
    Is this the guy who was in a scooter club and big into his Northern Soul in the 80's/90s and used to be always be on the East Terrace back then? If it is my heart goes out to him because he is such a nice guy or is that a different Paul Henderson?

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Paul is a good friend, and what he went through was horrendous.
    He’s a fighter though.

As an aside, the last time he was on TV he was getting interviewed on his views about the Mercer takeover.. “DISGRACEFUL!” Q: Are you going to go to a new club? “NO DANGER! NO DANGER!!”

https://youtu.be/E7zTflVwZG4

1m25s
    Last edited by StevieC; 25-03-2021 at 11:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Is this the guy who was in a scooter club and big into his Northern Soul in the 80's/90s and used to be always be on the East Terrace back then? If it is my heart goes out to him because he is such a nice guy or is that a different Paul Henderson?
    Same guy ....

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I know Paul and his late brother Shaun was in my class at school, tragically killed a few years back. Losing his mum too, he’s been through it. He and his brother Rab are great Hibbies. Shocked at the story but glad he is getting through it.
    Taught Paul and Shaun at school. Great lads and a great family. Have faced some big challenges with fortitude and love.
    Warm thoughts with them as they move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Same guy ....
    Cheers bud, their are probably a lot of people who know him a lot better than me, one thing that I remember about him though is when the evening news had 6 people giving their opinion, the subject was Paul Gasgoine pretending to play the flute after scoring an away goal in Europe, god knows how many years ago that was now, Paul gave his opinion and from memory he didn't hold back, great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubenas View Post
    Taught Paul and Shaun at school. Great lads and a great family. Have faced some big challenges with fortitude and love.
    Warm thoughts with them as they move forward.

And very well taught too. Shaun and Paul both attended St Pats prior to that Mr McP. I think about Shaun a lot.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 26-03-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Same fellah and his older brother shared the same passion.

Blog Entries
    And very well taught too. Shaun and Paul both attended St Pats prior to that Mr McP. I think about Shaun a lot.
    Aye. Ye would never forget that cheeky grin!!

Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

'S' Form

I’m Shaun and Paul’s niece (went to st Tams too). Paul is not on Hibs.net but I will pass on the nice wishes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eireann View Post
    I’m Shaun and Paul’s niece (went to st Tams too). Paul is not on Hibs.net but I will pass on the nice wishes.
    Cheers Eireann! Thank you

That’s a tough read. Makes you think twice about the whole thing and in the context of following Hibs and getting back into the stadium, maybe not as urgent as we might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Eireann View Post
    By process of brotherly elimination, best wishes to your dad! (hope I’ve got that right)

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    By process of brotherly elimination, best wishes to your dad! (hope I’ve got that right)
    You are. I’m Paul’s cousin too. There’s loads of us!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire