hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Your favourite moment of Hearts: The Banter Years

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pumped out of the Europa Qualifiers by a team from Malta

1 0.48%
  • Hearts 2-2 Hibs (Hibs go on to win the Scottish cup)

82 39.05%
  • That plane banner followed by a long wait to appoint...Levein

1 0.48%
  • Natural Order & "It's all a good laugh isn't it"

36 17.14%
  • Your Daniel is appointed even though he didn't know who Hearts were

1 0.48%
  • Obika

6 2.86%
  • Demotion/tag team with Partick Thistle/statement after statement after statement

10 4.76%
  • Half finished new stand with no seats and still a lower attendance than ER

7 3.33%
  • Hearts appoint the manager they flew plane banners over the stadium to drive out of the place

2 0.95%
  • Brora Rangers 2-1 Hearts

64 30.48%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

1. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always makes me laugh 😅

@hibs.net private member
    😂 And they say that they shouldn't have been relegated,..,....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Anyone else reckon the factions that emerged as the club almost went down the plug hole will re-emerge as the Queen departs and then start taring bits off each other again?

FOH seem to be suggesting they are going to take over this summer. It could get very messy very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    FOH seem to be suggesting they are going to take over this summer. It could get very messy very quickly.
    I really hope this happens.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    i have to say I don’t really understand this FOH thing even after all this time. Do the fans take over the running of the club? Does the queen leave or stay? Do they need to keep donating after they take over?

It seems from the outside looking in that when FOH get the club - do they have a picnic on the plaza and decide what happens next - I just don’t get it all. Maybe I’m daft.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    They are taking control. But that doesn't mean fans decide d2d what's going on. It has already been agreed that an exec board will run the club and not the FoH board.

Whether that is Budge or not is neither here nor there, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    i have to say I don’t really understand this FOH thing even after all this time. Do the fans take over the running of the club? Does the queen leave or stay? Do they need to keep donating after they take over?

It seems from the outside looking in that when FOH get the club - do they have a picnic on the plaza and decide what happens next - I just don’t get it all. Maybe I’m daft.
    They'll be fan owned but it won't be run by the fans. However you can be sure that many of them won't see it that way. They will think they are entitled to make the decisions.

Think of how peed off they are at the moment and multiply it by 10 once they officially own it. They'll be wanting the managers out so often protests at the plaza will be a monthly event.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    They are taking control. But that doesn't mean fans decide d2d what's going on. It has already been agreed that an exec board will run the club and not the FoH board.

Whether that is Budge or not is neither here nor there, tbh.

Yeh, but who appoints the executive board ? and who do they answer to.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    In any case, there's going to be a rush on maroon blazers.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Yeh, but who appoints the executive board ? and who do they answer to.
    The bowling club steward.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    So I was looking at the table after Raith's win last night. There are 5 games to play and a 10 point gap. I think if they blow the lead they had and drop into the playoff places that would need to be the pinnacle of the banter years shirley? I know it is highly unlikely given how inconsistent the teams below hearts are but just imagine it, hearts lead is down to 2 points and they head to Starks park for the final game of the season, all they need is a draw, but they are overrun by a rampant Raith and Gullan puts 2 past Gordon... We can all dream I suppose!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    So I was looking at the table after Raith's win last night. There are 5 games to play and a 10 point gap. I think if they blow the lead they had and drop into the playoff places that would need to be the pinnacle of the banter years shirley? I know it is highly unlikely given how inconsistent the teams below hearts are but just imagine it, hearts lead is down to 2 points and they head to Starks park for the final game of the season, all they need is a draw, but they are overrun by a rampant Raith and Gullan puts 2 past Gordon... We can all dream I suppose!!

It’s the finish to the season we all deserve.

They've stuck to their boycott of away grounds this season. They deserve some credit for that.

@hibs.net private member HFC_NYC's Avatar
    Another fantastic rant from our friend across the city following the plucky 0-0 draw at Dunfermline.

https://youtu.be/0f35AAswKTc

This post from KB today takes some beating

Neilson honouring the recent hearts tradition of taking over a poor team and making them worse

I might have counted this wrong but I believe Hearts have only won TWO of their last EIGHT games.

...and they haven't won ANY of the last FOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This post from KB today takes some beating

Neilson honouring the recent hearts tradition of taking over a poor team and making them worse
    This one wasnt bad either:-

For those not watching. The good news is we've not missed any sitters, while Dunfermline have put 3 absolute sitters past the post, so we are better than them at not missing sitters. Also, Logan is playing better at right back than White is at left back and we continue to pass the ball sideways before passing it backwards which is probably why we've not missed any sitters. Has to be said, though, that Logan tends to look to play the ball forward so obviously hasn't caught the Hearts virus yet. Long throw ins continue to fall short while long corner kicks continue to be too long and playing with 2 wingers means no crosses are coming in from either side rather than just one, so maybe a bit progress there. My prediction is that if Dunfermline continue to miss sitters we'll get a well earned goalless draw.

Page 31 of their match day thread versus Dunfermline today - the 5-1 comfort blanket has just been rolled out. PLEASING, EVER SO PLEASING to see the obvious pain about their garbage football.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_NYC View Post
    Another fantastic rant from our friend across the city following the plucky 0-0 draw at Dunfermline.

He is in pain man. I remember when we felt like that with the Butcher crap. It’s great to see them like this but I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_NYC View Post

'Greetings and salutations.. Uuuuuuuuugh. We're ****ing *****'.

I love this guy.

This is what the internet is for.

The bit with his dog.

Hertz jizzskull.

Left by mutual consent!
    It’s fascinating how they still defend Stendel. He was absolutely murder. A butcheresque appointment but still hearts fans I talk to say he was “unlucky” or “didn’t get a chance”

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    It’s fascinating how they still defend Stendel. He was absolutely murder. A butcheresque appointment but still hearts fans I talk to say he was “unlucky” or “didn’t get a chance”
    This. He actually made them worse than they had been yet seems to have some kind of untouchable status with them. All leveins fault I guess despite the fact he was removed from manager position in October!

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    And Budge thanked him for taking no salary once football stopped by exercising the clause to end his contract and not telling him. He only found out when he'd heard from elsewhere they'd appointed Neilson and to add insult to injury they'd paid compensation (which arguably the salary he'd waived had gone towards).

They've stuck to their boycott of away grounds this season. They deserve some credit for that.
    They boycotted more grounds than originally planned.
    Wonderful organising to do that so successfully.
    Full marks to them.

Testimonial Due
    They'll be fan owned but it won't be run by the fans. However you can be sure that many of them won't see it that way. They will think they are entitled to make the decisions.

Think of how peed off they are at the moment and multiply it by 10 once they officially own it. They'll be wanting the managers out so often protests at the plaza will be a monthly event.
    Latest on the handover. As clear as mud:
    "Hearts: Ann Budge says club are on track to become fan owned | HeraldScotland" https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19148137.hearts-ann-budge-says-club-track-become-fan-owned/

Budge to stay on as Chairwoman
    until she gets her other loans back.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-tells-hearts-fans-she-going-nowhere-board-changes-are-imminent-2944952
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 05-04-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    "Hearts: Ann Budge says club are on track to become fan owned | HeraldScotland" https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19148137.hearts-ann-budge-says-club-track-become-fan-owned/

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-tells-hearts-fans-she-going-nowhere-board-changes-are-imminent-2944952
    Loving how she moved the goalposts re the timing of transferring ownership and used the pandemic preventing them from having a party to celebrate it as the reason. What's the problem with completing the transfer and just delaying the party? There's absolutely no justification in delaying both. I'm surprised that lot aren't kicking up a fuss about it, it's not as if things are going so great over there that's there's no need for a top-down change. I think she's doing a Donald Trump not wanting to relinquish power.

Particularly like the bit in the 1st article where she says it would be a disaster if they go about selling season tickets the wrong way as if she's some kind of expert on the matter. I suppose it's something that's she's maybe learnt a lesson from this season's fiasco.
    Last edited by 007; 05-04-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post

Sweet deal. She gets all her money back but continues to run the club as she sees fit.

Rod should have tried this with Ron Gordon.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Now they are all having a wee cry over the QOtS tweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coaching Staff
    Alloa, Brora, and Queen of the South........three weeier teams the so called big team have now seen the wee team beat in the same season after losing to all three themselves

#NeilsonMustStay