hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Your favourite moment of Hearts: The Banter Years

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pumped out of the Europa Qualifiers by a team from Malta

1 0.48%
  • Hearts 2-2 Hibs (Hibs go on to win the Scottish cup)

82 39.05%
  • That plane banner followed by a long wait to appoint...Levein

1 0.48%
  • Natural Order & "It's all a good laugh isn't it"

36 17.14%
  • Your Daniel is appointed even though he didn't know who Hearts were

1 0.48%
  • Obika

6 2.86%
  • Demotion/tag team with Partick Thistle/statement after statement after statement

10 4.76%
  • Half finished new stand with no seats and still a lower attendance than ER

7 3.33%
  • Hearts appoint the manager they flew plane banners over the stadium to drive out of the place

2 0.95%
  • Brora Rangers 2-1 Hearts

64 30.48%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I have a feeling that the Brora result is going to keep me happy for a while. Quick coffee break at work and just remembered that Brora Rangers beat essentially Hearts first team and that made me smile.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I was driving to work this morning trying to figure out exactly when Hearts went down the rabbit hole. I think its the moment they unveiled the design for their new stand.

Apparently it was to have the bigliest glass curtain in Scottish football or something? I didn't realise we were competing in glass curtains but there you are. And correct me if I'm wrong, but does the mural on the gable of the flats to the left say "Champions" on it?

Maybe it was to be "Championship" - some serious foreshadowing there.

Now if the vision had been realised it would have been stunning.

Anyway, this is what it became.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was driving to work this morning trying to figure out exactly when Hearts went down the rabbit hole. I think its the moment they unveiled the design for their new stand.

Apparently it was to have the bigliest glass curtain in Scottish football or something? I didn't realise we were competing in glass curtains but there you are. And correct me if I'm wrong, but does the mural on the gable of the flats to the left say "Champions" on it?

Maybe it was to be "Championship" - some serious foreshadowing there.

Now if the vision had been realised it would have been stunning.

Anyway, this is what it became.

It really is dreadful looking, the ‘glass curtain’ reminds me of my high school which was built in the 60’s. Thankfully they are tearing it down in a couple of years and replacing it with a more modern building.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    It really is dreadful looking, the ‘glass curtain’ reminds me of my high school which was built in the 60’s. Thankfully they are tearing it down in a couple of years and replacing it with a more modern building.
    They'll no do that they've only just built it

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    They'll no do that they've ​​no even finished it​​

Fixed that for you

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Fixed that for you

Nothing can fix that abomination of a stand though.

It’s so bad even Budge has given up on it.

The special relationship with Manchester City.

"There will be chips!"

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    The special relationship with Manchester City.
    But that was only because liverpool went from special relationship to list of shame member, City never got the chance to be bumped out of any money, so it's at best a slightly special relationship.

They'll need to work harder.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Did the gable end of the flats next to the stand not have some cracks appear when they where doing the building work, I'm sure they where looking for a claim against Hertz just wondering if anybody knows what the outcome of that was.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    Did the gable end of the flats next to the stand not have some cracks appear when they where doing the building work, I'm sure they where looking for a claim against Hertz just wondering if anybody knows what the outcome of that was.
    Theres a scaffold on the front of the building and the builders, Grigg and Son , have been rebuilding most of the front elevation in stages.

Strangely, there is no building warrant been applied for , for what is a major construction project, so the name of the applicant is not revealed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s being organised and funded by Edinburgh Council as yet another favour to their friends at HoMFC.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Theres a scaffold on the front of the building and the builders, Grigg and Son , have been rebuilding most of the front elevation in stages.

Strangely, there is no building warrant been applied for , for what is a major construction project, so the name of the applicant is not revealed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s being organised and funded by Edinburgh Council as yet another favour to their friends at HoMFC.
    It does sound like a megastand related job if that's correct since playing fast and loose with building warrants did seem to be a feature of the construction of the Eight Wonder itself.

Maybe this'll be one of those retrospective ones

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    It does sound like a megastand related job if that's correct since playing fast and loose with building warrants did seem to be a feature of the construction of the Eight Wonder itself.

Maybe this'll be one of those retrospective ones

As a rough guess it it looks like a £ 200,000 project at least. A drop in the ocean for our super rich council.

It sits its well beside other favours such as selling one and half acres of council land to the Club for their stand project for the sum of £ 1 , and dropping the tram supplement on the project just because they claimed their fans never travelled by tram to the games.

Anyone think of any other financially favours given to them lately ?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

If it's repairs, ie. rebuilding like for like, then there's no requirement for a Building Warrant.

Them thinking Cathro talked a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If it's repairs, ie. rebuilding like for like, then there's no requirement for a Building Warrant.

Large areas of the front elevation of the tenement are being taken down and the stonework replaced with engineering brick , new lintels etc.

https://www.mygov.scot/building-stan...ding-warrants/

pretty sure this work would need a warrant , unless it’s being done by the council on the quiet.

Large areas of the front elevation of the tenement are being taken down and the stonework replaced with engineering brick , new lintels etc.

https://www.mygov.scot/building-stan...ding-warrants/

pretty sure this work would need a warrant , unless it’s being done by the council on the quiet.
    I don't think so. If they're rebuilding like for like, albeit using similar but stronger materials, they won't need a warrant.

I was involved in loads of common repairs, including some pretty funky structural stuff and some where almost 50% of the elevations were rebuilt/replaced, and we never once applied for a Warrant.

At times we would redo a shop/shopfront at ground floor level and separate authorisations were required, but that's not the same thing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Them thinking Cathro talked a good game.

“A particularly articulate young man.”

I don't think so. If they're rebuilding like for like, albeit using similar but stronger materials, they won't need a warrant.

I was involved in loads of common repairs, including some pretty funky structural stuff and some where almost 50% of the elevations were rebuilt/replaced, and we never once applied for a Warrant.

At times we would redo a shop/shopfront at ground floor level and separate authorisations were required, but that's not the same thing.
    Maybe, I bow to your superior experience in this type of project.

The point was , who’s paying for the work. Is there still council grants ?

Cant see the owners coughing up thousands of £’s each without howls of protest if the damage was caused by Budge’s piling.

Maybe, I bow to your superior experience in this type of project.

The point was , who’s paying for the work. Is there still council grants ?

Cant see the owners coughing up thousands of £’s each without howls of protest if the damage was caused by Budge’s piling.
    I've no idea, but it could be the insurers that are taking a big hit - between the owners, Hearts' structural engineer & the contractors that did the foundations/piles.

Hearts may also be contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    “A particularly articulate young man.”
    Tbf he said “schematics”.

It wasn’t in the correct context but at least he knows it.

Tbf he said “schematics”.

It wasn’t in the correct context but at least he knows it.
    I absolutely loved how there was the initial thought that he may be a good appointment for them, and then he opened his mouth and it was clear tha we were getting a lot of mileage out of him.

@hibs.net private member
    The lack of players to come through their academy is pleasing as well.
    We keep hearing how good it is and how their training base at the Orium helps attract future stars.Its not long since Banderson was telling us that they had the greatest squad of youngsters in the land.
    Their one time superstar, better than SJM, future Scotland captain etc... Cochrane, who I thought was a little thug, has failed the grade at Tynecastle.
    I hope he now goes on to have a career elsewhere as that would really rub it in.
    Last edited by PatHead; 17-04-2021 at 10:38 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    We keep hearing how good it is and how their training base at the Orium helps attract future stars.Its not long since Banderson was telling us that they had the greatest squad of youngsters in the land.
    Their one time superstar, better than SJM, future Scotland captain etc... Cochrane, who I thought was a little thug, has failed the grade at Tynecastle.
    I hope he now goes on to have a career elsewhere as that would really rub it in.
    Yep their much vaunted academy has produced next to hee haw. The Hearts fan on Sportsound last week suggested that not one academy player of theirs had played a single minute of league football this season. What a horrific indictment of their system. The fact that they are releasing the next Andrea Pirlo for nowt at the end of the season is a dagger through the heart for them. What’s worse is that he is remembered as much his for tackle on McGinn as he is for his good goal against Celtic. Pathetic.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    That’s not fair, Doig came through their Academy recently😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    Yep their much vaunted academy has produced next to hee haw. The Hearts fan on Sportsound last week suggested that not one academy player of theirs had played a single minute of league football this season. What a horrific indictment of their system. The fact that they are releasing the next Andrea Pirlo for nowt at the end of the season is a dagger through the heart for them. What’s worse is that he is remembered as much his for tackle on McGinn as he is for his good goal against Celtic. Pathetic.
    Can't remember the goal against Celtic.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I've no idea, but it could be the insurers that are taking a big hit - between the owners, Hearts' structural engineer & the contractors that did the foundations/piles.

Hearts may also be contributing.
    Normally, the main contract would cover the issue of what is termed ‘non negligent damage’ such as damage to surrounding property as a result of such things as piling. Usually, it would specify that the Main Contractor would arrange insurance for the benefit of their client in the event of any claims made against them from such issues.

My understanding is that Hearts decided to (mis)manage the contract themselves and there was no main contractor. The likelihood is that no such insurance was arranged and Hearts will be liable for the costs of reinstatement. There is no way that the Council should be picking up the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    There is no way that the Council should be picking up the costs.
    Hasn't stopped them in the past.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    They win the league but instead of giving their young players some minutes they go and sign a 33 year old right back until the end of the season.

I hope they go out and buy a dozen more players and add to their already massive wage Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies, this is slightly off topic i think as i'm not sure how far back the banter years extends, but did i imagine it or did we have a sort of timeline thread of the utter madness that was Romanov's reign ? I'm trying to convey just how bat***** it all was in a post online and i just know i'm not even scratching the surface.