hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Premier Sports extend broadcasting deal to 2026/27 season

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-spor...-title-sponsor

Given just how hated they are as a broadcaster by quite literally almost every single Scottish football fan I know, fair play to the SPFL for - of course - ignoring that and awarding this broadcaster (which virtually nobody has) a contract extension. A mental decision, I really hope there is a concerted campaign to start forcing boards to listen to us on these kinds of issues. Scottish football will continue being buried behind yet another paywall despite it being something virtually none of us want

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Under current circumstances this is a nitemare situation. But hopefully next season it will encourage more people to attend the games in person, when allowed to do so, to avoid yet another subscription.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    I think their coverage is pretty decent to be fair. decent build up and analysis of games

Obviously is still very OF orientated but that is always going to be the case no matter who covers it.

Getting the Spanish and Italian football included is an added bonus.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think their coverage is pretty decent to be fair. decent build up and analysis of games

Obviously is still very OF orientated but that is always going to be the case no matter who covers it.

Getting the Spanish and Italian football included is an added bonus.
    I don't mind their coverage either, it's essentially the same as BT's set-up used to be, but the fact remains that this is now another monthly subscription that fans are expected to fork out for. Televised cup games should 100% be put on the BBC, ridiculous that fans are priced out of the chance to watch their club especially during the pandemic

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post

Given just how hated they are as a broadcaster by quite literally almost every single Scottish football fan I know, fair play to the SPFL for - of course - ignoring that and awarding this broadcaster (which virtually nobody has) a contract extension. A mental decision, I really hope there is a concerted campaign to start forcing boards to listen to us on these kinds of issues. Scottish football will continue being buried behind yet another paywall despite it being something virtually none of us want
    I think it's not bad value, I don't subscribe to any sports services but like the idea of a one off payment for a game, I've watched most of the Hibs games on Premier and just cancel after I don't need it anymore (when we got knocked out of the league cup), I paid £13.99 for a months subscription on Saturday and I'll likely get at least one more Hibs game for that, so that's £7 a game, a good deal when you compare it to £20 for Livingston away (which I was happy to pay too).

I think you’re well off here.

In terms of production and coverage, they’re miles ahead of Sky.

In terms of price and ease of access and term of contract they’re also miles ahead of sky.

They are now not only putting money into the Scottish game for broadcasting rights but also sponsorship.

It is annoying having three different paywalls for coverage but if anything the more games Premier get the better IMO. I know my bank balance would be much better off if Premier were to end up with all broadcasting rights in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I don't mind Premier at all.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I don't mind their coverage either, it's essentially the same as BT's set-up used to be, but the fact remains that this is now another monthly subscription that fans are expected to fork out for. Televised cup games should 100% be put on the BBC, ridiculous that fans are priced out of the chance to watch their club especially during the pandemic
    Isn’t it only two? Premier and Sky for league games, unless I’m missing something. The exact same as previous years but far cheaper than BT. It also seems like they put a fair chunk of money in. What if the BBC don’t want that many games? What if they don’t pay nearly enough? Are you happy if we lose out on a load of money just so the BBC can line their pockets for next to nothing?

My viewing habits have changed a lot in recent years, to the point where I now view Premier Sports as the best value for money out of the lot of them.

Coverage, pundits etc are excellent. Craigan is the worst, and you almost need a pantomime baddie like him to even the whole place up. They have an interest in Scottish football outwith Rangers and Celtic and they cover the games with commitment and passion (rather than the likes of Walker and Provan moaning about the fact that they've had to lower themselves to the level of the other teams).

If I had any sense I'd be canning my BT Sport and Sky because I simply never watch the "elite" stuff any more - next to no interest in the English Premier league or Champions league.

I took out the Premier package in October after one of our league cup ties and I've been amazed how often the games that I actually want to watch are on it, and how highly I actually rate the product.

It's also quite easy to end and start a contract again if need be rather than the whole palaver with Sky.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Is it not the same production company that does BT, Premier and Amazon Prime's football?

Premier's coverage is fine, bar Craigen's continual involvement.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Isn’t it only two? Premier and Sky for league games, unless I’m missing something. The exact same as previous years but far cheaper than BT. It also seems like they put a fair chunk of money in. What if the BBC don’t want that many games? What if they don’t pay nearly enough? Are you happy if we lose out on a load of money just so the BBC can line their pockets for next to nothing?
    Yes, because time and again it has been proven that accessibility is just as important as incoming money from TV deals. It's a short-termist view just to snap the hand off subscription channels just because they're the highest bidder, when it means a lot of kids will grow up never being able to watch their team on the tele

Yes, because time and again it has been proven that accessibility is just as important as incoming money from TV deals. It's a short-termist view just to snap the hand off subscription channels just because they're the highest bidder, when it means a lot of kids will grow up never being able to watch their team on the tele
    Majority of games aren’t on tele anyway. Kids wouldn’t want to watch the teams if they were full of absolute garbage. It’s £12 per month and it gives access to some of the top sides in European football if those kids really want to see it. Why wouldn’t we just give games away to ITV or channel 4/5?

Where can I read all this proof?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Premier value for money is excellent especially as you get Scottish League Cup and Scottish Cup games. Throw in you get tonnes of Serie A games and La Liga TV for free. It's well worth the £10 or so a month.

It costs £10.99pm for Premier 1, Premier 2, La Liga TV and Box Nation, plus the online player if you're with Sky. If you don't have Sky or Virgin, the online player is available for the same price.

That's the equivalent of £2.54 a week. I can't imagine too many poor waifs will be missing out on seeing their teams at that price.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Premier is the best value of them all in my opinion and their extension is a good thing.

They show a lot of speedway which I like and other minority sports like Stock Car Racing.

Lot worse news going about than this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair enough if some on here are happy about it, if you look at both Facebook and Twitter, you'll see a lot of Scottish football fans angry about this decision, they are not a popular broadcaster

@hibs.net private member
    In today’s financial climate any injection of capital into football can only be applauded, especially Scottish football. I’ve signed up/cancelled Premier when appropriate over the last year, I’ve only been paying the subscription in months Hibs are playing so it’s been cheaper than PPV. I’m sure BBC, Sky had the opportunity to tender for the broadcasting rights but Premier must’ve paid the price wanted along with more to provide sponsorship, fair play to them.

I'm quite happy with this. I've watched a lot of Hibs and Edinburgh or Glasgow Rugby games this season. Wish they would get the league coverage and I'd bin sky

I don't mind their coverage, it's just another subscription service. I just don't use them as already have sky sports and BY sport/ESPN. If I didn't have them then I would think about getting premier.
    Remember though that freesports is premier sports so any game you want to see, Hibs for example is shown for free the next day. Hibs and Rangers games were both on it yesterday.

Are they still not doing a 24-hour pass like Sky?

Fair enough if some on here are happy about it, if you look at both Facebook and Twitter, you'll see a lot of Scottish football fans angry about this decision, they are not a popular broadcaster
    I'm sure that's correct, but one of the prerequisites if those groups on FB and Twitter is to be angry about everything.

Most people who have posted on this thread so far, are happy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Are they still not doing a 24-hour pass like Sky?
    Would be good for those of us that just want this game and aren’t interested in the long term contract. Sure they’d get more uptake for this as not everyone wants to be tied into a 6 month deal to watch one game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I have to say they are very good too and let's face it, for half the price of a Cup Semi Final ticket, you can get a full month's worth of sport and cancel whenever you want

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    Would be good for those of us that just want this game and aren’t interested in the long term contract. Sure they’d get more uptake for this as not everyone wants to be tied into a 6 month deal to watch one game.

See above, you can cancel in the first few days of taking out a sub so you only pay for one month

Pay TV isn't going to go away as that horse as long since bolted and Premier TV are plugging millions into Scottish football some of which will reach Hibs.

In that respect I am concerned how they price their product and their production values and in both respects they are very strong.

They have just copied the very well regarded BT model keeping many of the presenters and the pricing policy of paying for a month for £12:99 for a full sports channel and then just canceling when suits seems very fair.✅

I wouldn't give SKY money as they treat Scotland as an afterthought and are only concerned about you know who but Premier seem to be more in touch with Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    See above, you can cancel in the first few days of taking out a sub so you only pay for one month
    Their site says the minimum contract is 6 months, has anyone here cancelled it early before?

Premier have so far also given us decent kick off times too, if the semi final games were on Sky or BT they'd probably be kicking off 12pm Saturday and Sunday

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    Their site says the minimum contract is 6 months, has anyone here cancelled it early before?

It must have to do with the fact I’m with Sky too as i have cancelled after a month before.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I like Premier Sport, their coverage is superior to both Sky and BBC and it’s only costing me something like £5pm.