hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scott Brown

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Not that bothered about Brown TBH, he'll be playing in a very average side. As for Leigh, I hope he sits it out and takes the cash, before returning to ER next year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not that bothered about Brown TBH, he'll be playing in a very average side. As for Leigh, I hope he sits it out and takes the cash, before returning to ER next year.
    Leigh has managed 656 minutes of League football this season.
    When the going gets tough .......... dedicated athlete Leigh isn't fit.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-03-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Leigh has managed 656 minutes of League football this season.
    When the going gets tough .......... dedicated athlete Leigh isn't fit.
    Could it be that he does not want to be at Celtic? There must be some on here who know Leigh and what his thoughts are.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Could it be that he does not want to be at Celtic? There must be some on here who know Leigh and what his thoughts are.
    Nah, he just isn't very responsible. Can't discipline himself to do what is required to play at a big club.

Played 879 minutes last season and 571 minutes the season before.
    10 full games would be 900 minutes so he hasn't managed that in the last 3 seasons which is pathetic given his ability

Jamie Murphy has already played almost 1200 minutes for Hibs this season despite joining us after the season had started and is not allowed to play against Rangers and folk on here are concerned about his lack of playing time.

Nah, he just isn't very responsible. Can't discipline himself to do what is required to play at a big club.

10 full games would be 900 minutes so he hasn't managed that in the last 3 seasons which is pathetic given his ability

Jamie Murphy has already played almost 1200 minutes for Hibs this season despite joining us after the season had started and is not allowed to play against Rangers and folk on here are concerned about his lack of playing time.
    Good research.....................Respect!

Yep. This 1000%. Griffiths would be a liability. Like O'connor was in his second spell. If he wasn't affiliated with Hibs no one would want him. Can't be arsed with him and his baggage.

His home, like brown, is Celtic now. He can stay there.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Also disappointing when Griffiths knew the Euros was on the line this season

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yep. This 1000%. Griffiths would be a liability. Like O'connor was in his second spell. If he wasn't affiliated with Hibs no one would want him. Can't be arsed with him and his baggage.

His home, like brown, is Celtic now. He can stay there.
    “Cant be arsed with him and his baggage” - do you mean his mental health issues?

COVID has affected people in different ways. Leigh already had a complicated setup before. And then mental health issues.

Who knows what impact lockdown had on his ability (initially) to see his kids?

I’ve seen and heard of people within teams hit a wall psychologically as we’ve approached the year milestone.

If you didn’t mean his mental health then fair enough.

I’ll make a wider point.

There’s a lot of talk and increased awareness around mental health issues. Although it’s interesting when it comes to the crunch - the time when it really matters - to see the actions taken by employers and colleagues, families and friends. Let’s say that reaction is “patchy”. Ive seen people put on personal improvement plans - like that’s gonna help...

Some folks are suffering in silence others are sharing or speaking out. Football players are no different.

Martin Boyle was out of sorts for a period - there was personal stuff going on behind the scenes.

Scott Allan - out of sorts for a period - simlar but health related.

Other teams - Shane Duffy.

Players are not machines.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I would have welcomed Broony as player coach, at the right price. He won't play every game for Aberdeen, but could prove invaluable in the right circumstances. As a coach he will have the respect of the players, so there are plenty of positives.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Hibs View Post
    I can’t wait till brown challenges someone to a press up competition.
    This will happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Aberdeen's problem is scoring goals and Brown certainly won't help with that. If they sign Leigh I'll be much, much more worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    “Cant be arsed with him and his baggage” - do you mean his mental health issues?

COVID has affected people in different ways. Leigh already had a complicated setup before. And then mental health issues.

I’ve seen and heard of people within teams hit a wall psychologically as we’ve approached the year milestone.

I’ll make a wider point.

There’s a lot of talk and increased awareness around mental health issues. Although it’s interesting when it comes to the crunch - the time when it really matters - to see the actions taken by employers and colleagues, families and friends. Let’s say that reaction is “patchy”. Ive seen people put on personal improvement plans - like that’s gonna help...

Some folks are suffering in silence others are sharing or speaking out. Football players are no different.

Martin Boyle was out of sorts for a period - there was personal stuff going on behind the scenes.

All very valid points, and I totally agree as well, but the person you were replying to just likes to make random comments to provoke a response, I wouldn't read too much into anything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    This will happen.
    Brown v Kamberi winner play Collins

I’d take Griffiths back without a second thought.

When I’ve seen him this season I don’t think he looks unfit. Lennon has also changed his mind on him about 5 times whether he is fit or not to suit his agenda.

Griffiths back and playing games would get him fit and he would score plenty, even if only 70% fit.

I’ve never heard of him being a problem in training.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Aberdeen's problem is scoring goals and Brown certainly won't help with that. If they sign Leigh I'll be much, much more worried.
    Celtic would love to move Leigh on however, I suspect the only chance of Leigh going anywhere is on loan next season with Celtic looking to cover as much of his wage as possible.
    I don't know what his wage is but let's say for arguments sake say he is on £10k a week which equates to £520k a season.
    Brown knows him well and could be of the opinion that he could solve Aberdeen's scoring problem and is worth the risk for Aberdeen.
    Celtic might be willing to rent him to Aberdeen for £260k for the season and by so doing take a hit of £260k rather than the whole thing if Leigh stays at Celtic for the final year of his contract.
    Alternatively Brown, a dedicated professional, might equally be of the opinion that Leigh isn't worth the likely hassle and expense or that he is too far gone.

Would Hibs pay £260k for a year of Leigh?
    Ross runs a tight ship but the chance to have a player able to change any game with a goal would be tempting especially in this European season.
    Hibs badly need to sell season tickets. Would the signing of Leigh be paid for by folk who might not otherwise buy a season ticket?
    Would Leigh train hard all season and be disciplined off the park with his diet etc or would he still be eating monster munch, posting drivel on social media and making endless excuses?
    A conundrum of epic proportions.

P.S. it's not looking like Kennedy is going to play hiim. Read into that what you will.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 26-03-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    All very valid points, and I totally agree as well, but the person you were replying to just likes to make random comments to provoke a response, I wouldn't read too much into anything he says.
    Oh please **** off. That's just totally untrue. I post my opinion like anyone else. You can think what you like about me but don't post utter rubbish like that. I do not post random comments to provoke a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

I’ll make a wider point.

I have absolutely no issues with players, including Griffiths, having mental health issues. I have battled them myself and so have many of my friends. My post was nothing to do with his mental health issues. It's all the other ***** like being unfit, the rubbish he posts on twitter, his off field behaviour etc. I just don't think he is very professional and I don't want hibs to page him huge money and have him **** us about.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    If Roy Keane goes to Parkhead, I can’t see Griffiths and him getting on at all. If money talks and he wants to stay in Scotland, I can’t see him going anywhere other than Aberdeen. There again, he might go for a last big pay day in England.
    It's probably been made clear to Griffiths that he can find a new club for next season, Celtc stood by him and looked after him, zero return from him for that, if he sits tight he will pick up his basic pay and Celtc will make him train on his own and be nowhere near the club on match day, his only chance of a move down South will be if Lennon gets a gig down there, Aberdeen would be a decent move for him, probably the best he will get, think he has family in Dundee so not to far to see them, no more big pay days for him, good luck to him if he goes to the Dons, it won't end well, hope our manager is looking for more hungrier players.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Maybe being unfit, his off field behaviour and Twitter posts are related to his mental health?!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Maybe being unfit, his off field behaviour and Twitter posts are related to his mental health?!
    Maybe they are, yes. Pretty much everything a person does or ever has done is related to their mental health. It is the foundation of a person.

I don't want scott brown because I also think he's a bit of a tit. That isn't being jumped on as me ignoring mental health issues. Imo, Griffiths would be a big risk and one we correctly won't be taking. That's it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    It's probably been made clear to Griffiths that he can find a new club for next season, Celtc stood by him and looked after him, zero return from him for that, if he sits tight he will pick up his basic pay and Celtc will make him train on his own and be nowhere near the club on match day, his only chance of a move down South will be if Lennon gets a gig down there, Aberdeen would be a decent move for him, probably the best he will get, think he has family in Dundee so not to far to see them, no more big pay days for him, good luck to him if he goes to the Dons, it won't end well, hope our manager is looking for more hungrier players.
    Couple of things in there. He did give return to celtic. 1st thing that springs to mind is the cup final goal and penalty he scored. He also came on as a sub at St Johnstone when struggling and scored the winner. There will be more. I also think that if he came to Hibs he would be hungry. What better way to get your mojo back than by playing for the club you love

I have absolutely no issues with players, including Griffiths, having mental health issues. I have battled them myself and so have many of my friends. My post was nothing to do with his mental health issues. It's all the other ***** like being unfit, the rubbish he posts on twitter, his off field behaviour etc. I just don't think he is very professional and I don't want hibs to page him huge money and have him **** us about.
    And so have I suffered from mental health issues as have some of my family too, not that it's necessarily relevant to what's being debated. Some of our very best players who've played for us have been 'unprofessional' if you want to look at it like that. Willie Hamilton, George Best, Riordan, Brebner, Stokes to name but a few. As far as Griffiths is concerned I couldn't give a **** about his off-field antics if he does a job for Hibs, and he's already proved that when he played for us. The other reason, and it's only my opinion, is that he is a better striker than Doidge, and I just don't believe he would go the same amount of games as Doidge did without scoring a goal. You might have a different opinion, that's your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    And so have I suffered from mental health issues as have some of my family too, not that it's necessarily relevant to what's being debated. Some of our very best players who've played for us have been 'unprofessional' if you want to look at it like that. Willie Hamilton, George Best, Riordan, Brebner, Stokes to name but a few. As far as Griffiths is concerned I couldn't give a **** about his off-field antics if he does a job for Hibs, and he's already proved that when he played for us. The other reason, and it's only my opinion, is that he is a better striker than Doidge, and I just don't believe he would go the same amount of games as Doidge did without scoring a goal. You might have a different opinion, that's your prerogative.
    Right, but surely you can see it is a risk? Just because those guys have worked out (Best did not work out, he wasn't very good at all afaik) doesn't mean Griffiths would.

Griffiths is a better goalscorer than Doidge. Or at least he was. He hasn't done much in the last few years to suggest he is worth the risk IMO.

Wouldn’t trust anyone who says there is not a chance that Brown will join Aberdeen tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Wouldn’t trust anyone who says there is not a chance that Brown will join Aberdeen tbf

I just didn't see it. Delighted I'm wrong. I think it will be a mess.

(I think thats your second post about me saying I didn't think Brown to Aberdeen would happen, I'm flattered by the attention)

I just didn't see it. Delighted I'm wrong. I think it will be a mess.

(I think thats your second post about me saying I didn't think Brown to Aberdeen would happen, I'm flattered by the attention)
    Wouldn’t be like me to live rent free in your head to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Wouldn’t be like me to live rent free in your head to be fair.
    that saying is proper cringe, too much time on twitter for you mate.

You've mentioned me twice, it isn't me with the obsession. As I say, very flattering.

Right, but surely you can see it is a risk? Just because those guys have worked out (Best did not work out, he wasn't very good at all afaik) doesn't mean Griffiths would.

Griffiths is a better goalscorer than Doidge. Or at least he was. He hasn't done much in the last few years to suggest he is worth the risk IMO.
    Yep, I do agree that it would be a gamble, but we'll just have to agreee to disagree about that one. I suppose it would mean a change in style too, Doidge's best work in my opinion is when he's playing off the shoulder of defenders, generally making a nuisance of himself and laying it off for the likes of Nisbet. Griffiths has the pace and skill to leave defenders for dead and can score from almost anywhere. It's all about just how much of his ability is still there, so there is an element of risk, but one which, if it was me, I'd be prepared to take, but that's purely my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Alcohol and .net is a dangerous combination people, take note.
    I generally take a kilo of coke before posting. It makes more sense when you read it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I generally take a kilo of coke before posting. It makes more sense when you read it in the morning.
    To be fair I would happily be that way if it meant I wasn’t living rent free in a someone’s head 😂😉