hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you have answered your own question.
    I don't think it necessarily does

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

What a total ****bag.

Can’t be too hard to track him down though…

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    I don't think it necessarily does

Well it could be that Stubbs and others were conned as part of a scam. It could be that he genuinely intended to put on this dinner.

I feel that the charity might have done more due diligence on this guy before allowing their name to be used, although it’s not always easy.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Well it could be that Stubbs and others were conned as part of a scam. It could be that he genuinely intended to put on this dinner.

I feel that the charity might have done more due diligence on this guy before allowing their name to be used, although it’s not always easy.
    Not that it makes much odds to the charities or those who have lost their cash but I'd be inclined to believe that he had genuine intentions of holding the event and subsequently made an arse of it rather than setting out to con anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Not that it makes much odds to the charities or those who have lost their cash but I'd be inclined to believe that he had genuine intentions of holding the event and subsequently made an arse of it rather than setting out to con anyone.

Hope so. The problem is, any idiot can claim they have a great idea for a fundraising event. It takes a bit more skill to do it successfully though.

Coaching Staff
    Hand the money back then and engage with people. Don’t disappear. Looks like the companies that he is linked to aren’t submitting their filings etc either.

Then ran off with all the money? 🤷*♂️

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    You clearly don’t know the guy at all do you.

The charity and the speakers should have put in a little leg work before getting involved with this guy.
    15 minutes online would have done the trick.
    Well documented Walter Mitty ducker, diver get rich quick scheme guy.
    Everything he touches eventually turns to ****.
    Hairdressers, shops selling sports memorabilia and now arranger of charity events.
    The title businessman covers a multitude of sins.
    File this one under chancer.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 04-08-2021 at 11:40 PM.

I have just been made aware of this taken from the Capital Events social media page

Statement on behalf of Sandra and Alex Hurry on behalf of Capital Events Management Ltd.

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Regarding the FALSE DAILY RECORD REPORT, picked up by Edinburgh News and Edinburgh Live, legal action is being considered as Alex certainly DID NOT RUN AWAY WITH 50K!

The article has mislead people.

Alex was working away from premises at Slateford Road picture framing in 2020 and his mother Sandra, following her retirement from nursing, agreed to help her son Alex by setting up a Limited Company so they could organise events.

Capital Events agreed to host an event to honour Alan Stubbs as Scottish Cup winning manager from 2016. Alex agreed to help promote, but not host the event.

The Steps to Hope charity were identified as a worthwhile charity to benefit from any fundraising on the night as Alex had battled addiction from the age of 14 and experienced homelessness in July of 2018. Steps to Hope Founder Richie Roncero spoke to Alan Stubbs and they were going to receive a donation from the sale of Alan Stubbs medal through a live auction.

The date was set for 5 April 2020. Covid 19 restrictions from March 2020 meant the event had to be cancelled or postponed. The event venue was The Prestonfield House Hotel who were saying that if Capital Events cancelled the event the £2500 deposit would have been lost. So following a discussion with Alan Stubbs the date was postponed by 3 months until 5 July 2020. But with pandemic restrictions continuing it was agreed to hold the event at a later date when things returned to normal.

Alex has since left Edinburgh to work down South and has been living in the Scottish Borders following homelessness. Like most people during lockdown, Alex suffered and battled severe depression through isolation. He fully accepts he should have contacted all tickets holders and the Event sponsor JB Contracts but had agreed with Alan Stubbs to wait until the Covid 19 restrictions were fully lifted.

As company Director, Sandra was due file accounts for the business but with no trade for over 12 months, and following a discussion with her accountant, it was decided in June to close the business down. Alex was unaware of this due to a relationship fallout with Sandra but he had never officially cancelled the event.

Alex contacted Alan Stubbs yesterday and he insisted he wanted to attend and be part of the event and was showing his faith and belief in Alex, unlike it seems many others who feel let down, understandably. Alan Stubbs had seen the slanderous article printed on the front page by the Daily Record but stated he has been on the wrong side of the press himself and advised Alex to set the record straight and seek legal advice.

As it stands, an event with Alan Stubbs will go ahead. It will NOT however be hosted or promoted by Alex Hurry as he is devastated by the false accusations and slanderous comments witnessed by his friends and family on social media.

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REFUND, WHO DOES NOT WISH TO ATTEND THE NEW DATE, TO BE CONFIRMED AND ANNOUNCED BY ALAN STUBBS HIMSELF BEFORE THE END OF AUGUST CAN CONTACT CAPITAL EVENTS BY EMAIL -> capitalevents147@mail.com

Emails will be sent to all ticket holders with there options to attend the new date, or can claim there refund which will be given.

The people who purchased tickets through Capital Events were as follows:-

A TOTAL OF 65 TICKETS WERE SOLD!!! NOT OVER 500 TICKETS AS FALSELY REPORTED. THE VENUE ONLY HOLDS 200, AND ONLY 200 TICKETS WERE PRINTED BY EDINBURGH FIRM DORICMOR, 50 x VIP, 75 Gold and 75 Silver.

Alex apologies sincerely for a lack of contact and communication

once again,
    ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REFUND, WHO DOES NOT WISH TO ATTEND THE NEW DATE, TO BE CONFIRMED AND ANNOUNCED BY ALAN STUBBS HIMSELF BEFORE THE END OF AUGUST CAN CONTACT CAPITAL EVENTS BY EMAIL -> capitalevents147@mail.com
    Last edited by Hibee_Craig7062; 06-08-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee_Craig7062 View Post
    I have just been made aware of this taken from the Capital Events social media page

Statement on behalf of Sandra and Alex Hurry on behalf of Capital Events Management Ltd.

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Regarding the FALSE DAILY RECORD REPORT, picked up by Edinburgh News and Edinburgh Live, legal action is being considered as Alex certainly DID NOT RUN AWAY WITH 50K!

The article has mislead people.

Alex was working away from premises at Slateford Road picture framing in 2020 and his mother Sandra, following her retirement from nursing, agreed to help her son Alex by setting up a Limited Company so they could organise events.

Capital Events agreed to host an event to honour Alan Stubbs as Scottish Cup winning manager from 2016. Alex agreed to help promote, but not host the event.

The Steps to Hope charity were identified as a worthwhile charity to benefit from any fundraising on the night as Alex had battled addiction from the age of 14 and experienced homelessness in July of 2018. Steps to Hope Founder Richie Roncero spoke to Alan Stubbs and they were going to receive a donation from the sale of Alan Stubbs medal through a live auction.

The date was set for 5 April 2020. Covid 19 restrictions from March 2020 meant the event had to be cancelled or postponed. The event venue was The Prestonfield House Hotel who were saying that if Capital Events cancelled the event the £2500 deposit would have been lost. So following a discussion with Alan Stubbs the date was postponed by 3 months until 5 July 2020. But with pandemic restrictions continuing it was agreed to hold the event at a later date when things returned to normal.

Alex has since left Edinburgh to work down South and has been living in the Scottish Borders following homelessness. Like most people during lockdown, Alex suffered and battled severe depression through isolation. He fully accepts he should have contacted all tickets holders and the Event sponsor JB Contracts but had agreed with Alan Stubbs to wait until the Covid 19 restrictions were fully lifted.

As company Director, Sandra was due file accounts for the business but with no trade for over 12 months, and following a discussion with her accountant, it was decided in June to close the business down. Alex was unaware of this due to a relationship fallout with Sandra but he had never officially cancelled the event.

Alex contacted Alan Stubbs yesterday and he insisted he wanted to attend and be part of the event and was showing his faith and belief in Alex, unlike it seems many others who feel let down, understandably. Alan Stubbs had seen the slanderous article printed on the front page by the Daily Record but stated he has been on the wrong side of the press himself and advised Alex to set the record straight and seek legal advice.

As it stands, an event with Alan Stubbs will go ahead. It will NOT however be hosted or promoted by Alex Hurry as he is devastated by the false accusations and slanderous comments witnessed by his friends and family on social media.

Emails will be sent to all ticket holders with there options to attend the new date, or can claim there refund which will be given.

The people who purchased tickets through Capital Events were as follows:-

A TOTAL OF 65 TICKETS WERE SOLD!!! NOT OVER 500 TICKETS AS FALSELY REPORTED. THE VENUE ONLY HOLDS 200, AND ONLY 200 TICKETS WERE PRINTED BY EDINBURGH FIRM DORICMOR, 50 x VIP, 75 Gold and 75 Silver.

Alex apologies sincerely for a lack of contact and communication

once again,
    Don't see the need for them to post the names of everyone (which I've not included) who's bought a ticket. GDPR and all that.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't see the need for them to post the names of everyone who's bought a ticket. GDPR an all that.

thought the same seeing the names those that purchased tickets know they purchased tickets

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't see the need for them to post the names of everyone (which I've not included) who's bought a ticket. GDPR and all that.
    good point, I've now edited my post on here to remove them but the original release from Capital still holds them

Ran away with a load of folks dough and went on the defensive since he’s been caught out. The old ‘it wisnae me it was her’ argument.

Guy has more excuses than a pregnant nun and left loads of folk in the dark.

If I had a ticket I would be demanding a refund ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee_Craig7062 View Post
    good point, I've now edited my post on here to remove them but the original release from Capital still holds them
    And does not include the two gold tickets i purchased from him!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Alan Stubbs... Aka Vasilis Barkas

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Ive had dealings with him before.

Never, ever, again.

Im NOT surprised this has happened.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Ran away with a load of folks dough and went on the defensive since he’s been caught out. The old ‘it wisnae me it was her’ argument.
    No the first time.....

@hibs.net private member
    I have said numerous times on .net.

Mr Hurry sold memorabilia & also done shirt framing. Shops in Gorgie, Bonnington, Ocean Terminal, The Gyle & laterally Slateford. Apart from the last one he basically done a moonlight flit from them, bumping all the landlords for rent.

Thought he was something he was never going to be.

Wouldn't trust him wi ma last £5.

Aye, but he was a good bowler apparently…🤷🏻*♂️

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Aye, but he was a good bowler apparently…🤷🏻*♂️
    Yes he was.

“Steps to Hope Founder Richie Roncero spoke to Alan Stubbs and they were going to receive a donation from the sale of Alan Stubbs medal through a live auction.”

Is that the medal that was auctioned off for charity and bought by the club in 2017?

Makes you wonder if anybody actually has spoken to Alan Stubbs and even if the charity involved know what’s going on.

The state of that statement though. Asking whoever went to the Daily Record to come forward. 😂

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Superb! Proper people doing real charity work.

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone had there refunds for this? I believe an email was sent from him advising refunds would be issued today and no funds received…

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by burtis97 View Post
    Anyone had there refunds for this? I believe an email was sent from him advising refunds would be issued today and no funds received…
    It's also the end of August, where's the new date?

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REFUND, WHO DOES NOT WISH TO ATTEND THE NEW DATE, TO BE CONFIRMED AND ANNOUNCED BY ALAN STUBBS HIMSELF BEFORE THE END OF AUGUST CAN CONTACT CAPITAL EVENTS BY EMAIL

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    It's also the end of August, where's the new date?
    Not got a clue mate I asked for a refund as my circumstances had changed and radio silence again…

Quote Originally Posted by burtis97 View Post
    Not got a clue mate I asked for a refund as my circumstances had changed and radio silence again…
    Don't blame you, after personal experience, Id want my cash back too.