hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I think the bookies are unsure about Royal Pagaille as he could be anything. I'm not sure he has beaten a lot but he has done it well. I'd question if a couple of jaunts round Haydock and Kempton is the best prep for a real staying challenge round Cheltenham. I reckon the likes of Native River and Champ will set out to make it a real stamina test and Frodon will want to battle for the lead as well. Does he go on quicker ground? That's unproven.

In saying that there are question marks about most of the field. It's fairly open albeit that's because it's a field of questionable quality.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    20 quid on A Plus Tard in the big race at 11/2 ante-post.

I will have a couple of singles on other races and a wee acca. I need Tritonic and Elimay to complete an ante-post treble at 20/1.

I could do with a successful end to the festival after Envoi Allen killing me today. Useless nag
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 18-03-2021 at 09:55 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the bookies are unsure about Royal Pagaille as he could be anything. I'm not sure he has beaten a lot but he has done it well. I'd question if a couple of jaunts round Haydock and Kempton is the best prep for a real staying challenge round Cheltenham. I reckon the likes of Native River and Champ will set out to make it a real stamina test and Frodon will want to battle for the lead as well. Does he go on quicker ground? That's unproven.

In saying that there are question marks about most of the field. It's fairly open albeit that's because it's a field of questionable quality.
    You're right, it's pretty open from an each way point of view. Not quite sure what you meant about Haydock and Kempton, plenty of good horses have used those courses as prep races for Cheltenham, such as Kauto Star, Imperial Commander and a good few others, all in shorter distance races than the Gold Cup. Frodon's been shown up before on several occasions at this level, but maybe Nicholl's has managed to squeeze a bit more out of him for a place. Native River is a really gutsy, strong galloper who I was totally wrong about before when I thought he was just basically an upgraded handicapper in a pretty low quality Gold Cup field. He's a credit to his trainer, and for me, if the old legs are still strong enough, he'll be bang there or thereabouts. Al Boum Photo is the one to beat, I just wanted to look at some value for money and I backed Coneygree when he won it so why not try another relatively unknown novice at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Worth following Kevin Blake on ITV Racing he has been on fire this week

All his Naps have come in so far this week

He put up a treble

Telmesomethinggirl NAP

Mrs Milner

Mount Ida

All bolted up

I added The Shunter

10p ew Yankee £2.20 = £410 back

Well worth following tomorrow

( I know I hate after timing )

He is napping Barbados Bucks in the 2.30 tomorrow

I quite fancy Adrimel with Dickie Johnson in the saddle at better odds

On both ��

Well done, mate. Aye wee Blakey had a 180/1 treble with the three you mention. Did he say how much he had on?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Well done, mate. Aye wee Blakey had a 180/1 treble with the three you mention. Did he say how much he had on?
    Nope but noticed it is all over twitter

Like everyone else I had to redo all my acca’s after the fav came down in the first so was getting desperate

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    You're right, it's pretty open from an each way point of view. Not quite sure what you meant about Haydock and Kempton, plenty of good horses have used those courses as prep races for Cheltenham, such as Kauto Star, Imperial Commander and a good few others, all in shorter distance races than the Gold Cup. Frodon's been shown up before on several occasions at this level, but maybe Nicholl's has managed to squeeze a bit more out of him for a place. Native River is a really gutsy, strong galloper who I was totally wrong about before when I thought he was just basically an upgraded handicapper in a pretty low quality Gold Cup field. He's a credit to his trainer, and for me, if the old legs are still strong enough, he'll be bang there or thereabouts. Al Boum Photo is the one to beat, I just wanted to look at some value for money and I backed Coneygree when he won it so why not try another relatively unknown novice at a decent price.
    I don't think that races round Haydock and Kempton are bad prep in themselves. More that there is an unknown about how the horse will take to the completely different track that is Cheltenham. Some horses just don't go there. In recent years Silviniano Conti springs to mind, a multiple winner of the Betfair and King George but just never enjoyed Cheltenham. Even Kauto Star wasn't the same horse round there. Clan Des Obeaux is another.

Of course the flip side is he could take to it like a duck to water and if he does there is certainly scope for him to challenge.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    20 on Barbados buck 2.30

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    E/W Lucky 15 today, a bit speculative to say the least but you never know...

13.55 Third Time Lucki 7/1
    14.30 Barbados Buck's 17/2
    15.05 Royale Pagaille 14/1
    15.40 Staker Wallace 10/1

Will probably have a wee dabble on Kevin Blake's tips as well.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    E/W Lucky 15 today, a bit speculative to say the least but you never know...

13.55 Third Time Lucki 7/1
    14.30 Barbados Buck's 17/2
    15.05 Royale Pagaille 14/1
    15.40 Staker Wallace 10/1

Will probably have a wee dabble on Kevin Blake's tips as well.
    I think everybody's been waiting for Kevin Blakes tips today and here's his selections this morning

Nap - 1:55 - You Raised Me Up
    Np - 2:30 - Barbados Bucks
    Long Shot - 3:05 - Santini
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Still got a bit of profit from Shiskin so going to have a few bets today and either walk away even or well up.

Lucky 15:

1.20 - Quilixios
    1.55 - Eclair De Beaufeu
    2.30 - Fakiera
    3.40 - Billaway

Treble:

1.20 - Zanahiyr
    3.05 - Al Boum Photo
    4.15 - Elimay

Singles:

1.20 - Tritonic win
    1.55 - Fifty Ball e/w
    2.30 - Adrimel e/w
    3.05 - Royal Pagaille e/w
    4.40 - Wishing And Hoping e/w

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I think everybody's been waiting for Kevin Blakes tips today and here's his selections this morning

Nap - 1:55 - You Raised Me Up
    Np - 2:30 - Barbados Bucks
    Long Shot - 3:05 - Santini
    As well as a we Patent on the above I've went with

1:20 - Quilixios
    2:30 - Stattler
    3:05 - A Plus Tard

Probably have a we EW only because it's Mullins/Blackmore
    4:15 - Cabaret Queen (Outsider)
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Looks another good days racing. Plenty well fancied favourites landed at good odds yesterday. I think you raised me up and gentlemen de mee will be hammered in from now till post time. I’ve noticed that all of Kevin Blakes selections have shortened by a couple in the market already.

1:20 - Zanahiyr
    1:55 - you raised me up
    2:30 - streets of doyen
    3:05 - champ
    3:40 - hazel hill e/w
    4:15 - colreevy
    4:50 - Gentlemen de mee

Rachael Blackmore. Wow. She just gets it's right from 2 out every time. Knew exactly how much the horse had left and kicked the horse on at exactly the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Rachael Blackmore. Wow. She just gets it's right from 2 out every time. Knew exactly how much the horse had left and kicked the horse on at exactly the right time.
    I wold think anyone backing her in her rides for the rest of the day will end up by the end of it.

Thought Éclair De Beafeu was tanking up the hill there to bring up leg 2 of my lucky 15 but ran into horses after the last and couldn't find a gap.

And that’s the reason you’ll never meet a skint bookie..

Struggling to see past the jolly in The Gold Cup.

Champ looked like he had never seen a fence before there. Good decision to pull him up, an accident waiting to happen otherwise.

Fitting that Kennedy and Blackmore were first 2 home. It's been their week.

Minella Indo 👏🏻👏🏻

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Ending the week pretty badly!

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Well deserved and Minella indo certainly escaped the attention of the majority of previews i looked at. Can’t believe how poorly the british horses have performed this festival.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Porlock Bay saves the day for me. Just a random pick as well, wasn't going to bother with the race.

Wee ew on Commanding presence in the last.
    Last edited by Hiber-nation; 19-03-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Well, I had a superb first day, with four winners, but it's been a struggle since. Envoi Allen's fall was the difference, as I'm sure it was for thousands of others. Fine margins and all that....

Overall it's been great to watch so many top horses and jockeys. The main memories for me will be Appreciate It, Honeysuckle, Shishkin and Rachael Blackmore; all magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Porlock Bay saves the day for me. Just a random pick as well, wasn't going to bother with the race.

Wee ew on Commanding presence in the last.
    Brilliant when that happens; I've experienced it a few times: a big price winner just because you liked the name

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Well, I had a superb first day, with four winners, but it's been a struggle since. Envoi Allen's fall was the difference, as I'm sure it was for thousands of others. Fine margins and all that....

Overall it's been great to watch so many top horses and jockeys. The main memories for me will be Appreciate It, Honeysuckle, Shishkin and Rachael Blackmore; all magnificent.
    Ride of the festival had to be Jack Kennedy on Mount Ida in the last yesterday especially if you were on it came from last to first to win and was 1000/1 in running Outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Ride of the festival had to be Jack Kennedy on Mount Ida in the last yesterday especially if you were on it came from last to first to win and was 1000/1 in running Outstanding
    Yes, it looked a certainty Kennedy would pull him up at one stage, only for the horse to decide to behave and show what he can do.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Brilliant when that happens; I've experienced it a few times: a big price winner just because you liked the name
    Thought it was about time for a British winner and that one fitted the bill nicely!

For me you just had to be impressed with Vanillier in the Albert Bartlett, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him in the future.

I can't remember the last time I made any money on the last day at Cheltenham. It's the one I struggle with the most. I'm pretty much even for the week, my early bets on Shiskin proved a smart move.

Aside from the betting it was a great week of racing that showcased the sport for all the right reasons. I'm not a huge fan of ITVs coverage but the little segments on all the people behind the scenes and the level of care the horses receive was well done and timely.

Think I'll be getting booked up for next year ASAP.