hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Would you say this Saturday v County is a must win?

While there will probably be a few twists and turns yet to come as we fight over third place with the sheep, going into the final round of pre-split fixtures with a six-point lead over them would be a huge boost.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No

But it would be highly beneficial to win.

Yes it is a must win. We need distance between us and the sheep, before we go to Pittodrie. Going there with a 3 point advantge, turns it into everything to gain for them and everything to lose for us. We need to find a way to grind out results again.

Not a must win as we still have plenty of games to play and we are still ahead but we need to win if we want to put ourselves into a position of securing 3rd sooner rather than later.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While there will probably be a few twists and turns yet to come as we fight over third place with the sheep, going into the final round of pre-split fixtures with a six-point lead over them would be a huge boost.
    No as I think we will finish 3rd if we lose every game but beat Aberdeen. It is a game that like Motherwell and St Johnstone we should be strong favourites given league position and our resources. Hopefully the players know what the plan is from the first whistle and aren't so pedestrian in the first part of the game. Ross County are scoring and seem more motivated than us so I would expect a tough game and we need to work out how to get our strikers back in form because we inexplicable only have two at the club with Boyle back up

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Technically no, but I think it’s very important.

We can’t keep relying on Aberdeen to drop points. Let’s get the win, get one game closer to 3rd place, and rebuild a bit of feel good factor.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    No as I think we will finish 3rd if we lose every game but beat Aberdeen. It is a game that like Motherwell and St Johnstone we should be strong favourites given league position and our resources. Hopefully the players know what the plan is from the first whistle and aren't so pedestrian in the first part of the game. Ross County are scoring and seem more motivated than us so I would expect a tough game and we need to work out how to get our strikers back in form because we inexplicable only have two at the club with Boyle back up
    As I have pointed out before..

We haven’t beaten Aberdeen away since May 2012 - I wouldn’t be confident at all trying to go up there to get a win or risk even needing a draw.

We need to get points on the board and these next 2 are crucial for the season.

Win them both and it really adds pressure to Aberdeen. But easier said than done especially in our past 2 games form.

We also haven’t won away at Ross County since September 2017 !

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    It's not a must win, it's not an easy game, and a point wouldn't be a terrible result.

Not a must win as we can still finish third even if we lose.

However, it’s not just a run of the mill league game at this stage of the season with what is on the line for us. A win and a six point gap would be huge at this stage.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Not a must win but would go a long way to cementing third spot and would put huge pressure on Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    No. We can lose and still finish 3rd. The clue is in the name 😉

Not quite, but I'll be concerned if we don't.

Technically no.

But in every other sense then absolutely.

We should have came away with a lot more points than 0 against Motherwell and St Johnstone, even drawing both would have helped us.

We could have put it out of sight but have let them creep back in.

That said the team have done brilliantly to win 4/6 games.

I’m just hoping for the last part of the season we finally see everything click as for me it’s been in parts.

Defensively solid, midfield dominate, Boyle on form and Doidge and Nisbet scoring.

Even just having Boyle, Doidge and Nisbet scoring at the same time would massively benefit us. It seems only one player is in scoring form for us at a time

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think every game is a must win game, even though we dont.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    We’re in danger of limping home and being overtaken on the final stretch, and given how crap Aberdeen have been that would be incredibly disappointing. We need to win games, if only to keep morale up on this board!

No but I'll feel very uneasy about our chances of finishing 3rd if we lose for the 3rd game in a row.

It will be great to win. We don’t really have any must wins right now and it’s maybe why so many players are putting in decent performances.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    It will be great to win. We don’t really have any must wins right now and it’s maybe why so many players are putting in decent performances.
    I assume you mean why so many players aren’t putting in decent performances ?

As for the OP’s question, it’s not a must win, but lose it and I’m not confident of finishing 3rd or beating QOTS.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post

As for the OP’s question, it’s not a must win, but lose it and I’m not confident of finishing 3rd or beating QOTS.
    We should be comfortably tucking QOTS away. That league is dreadful this year and they’re nowhere near the top.

My son has informed me Mcinnes is about to depart If true and they get a bounce from a new Manager then the quicker we extend our lead against them the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    It’s a must win if we want a quieter weekend of it really.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post

Yep. Aren’t. Too many are looking disinterested for me right now.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    My son has informed me Mcinnes is about to depart If true and they get a bounce from a new Manager then the quicker we extend our lead against them the better

Saw that online as well. Think it was McBookie were hinting at it although they’re probably just trying to get people to take a punt on it!
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 08-03-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Saw that online as well. Think it was McBookie were hinting at it although they’re probably just trying to get people to take a punt on it!
    Ah that must be where he saw it that’s why I said if true

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst it’s not a must win , we can make a notable step forward to our goals if we get a result . Will be hard but after the last couple of weeks, the team could do with showing their best performance levels again

Would just like us to score a goal, maybe even the first goal. Take our chances after that.

Definitely not must win, however win Saturday and we finish 3rd. I’d stick my neck out and say there’s absolutely no chance of Aberdeen making 7 points up on us in 6 games.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It’s a very important game. Must win game is a bit of a throwaway term imo.

For the sake of our confidence I think it is.

Our only remaining match against lower 6 opposition.
    It's time for Hibs to win again and I think they will.
    That would leave us 6 points plus goal difference ahead with 6 games to play.

Equal or better their result against Dundee Utd when we play Livingston in the last pre-split fixtures and we would be in awesome shape for 3rd.