hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One year...

One year...

It’s now officially been a year since we were last able to attend a Hibs game. Can’t wait to get back. Hopefully it will be a case of a few months rather than another year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s now officially been a year since we were last able to attend a Hibs game. Can’t wait to get back. Hopefully it will be a case of a few months rather than another year.
    If the Euros are allowed to go ahead with fans then there is no barrier to fans returning generally. Fingers crossed but what I don’t want to see is our government taking risks just to appease football authorities and potential fan voters.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was it the Aberdeen away game?
    It was a miserable drive home

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Was it the Aberdeen away game?
    It was a miserable drive home
    Yeah, we lost 3-1. Whittaker’s last game in which he got sent off. It was downhill from there.

The last home game and the last away game we could attend in person were both 3-1 defeats.

I think not being able to attend in person has done us a favour.

An awful game but the Pub, pre and post match, with family and friends was pretty good. I really miss it all.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    its absolutely ridiculous we still cannot get into grounds too watch football.

This 2nd lockdown has been a load of nonsense. if construction and manufacturing can continue throughout as if there is nothing going on then we should be allowed into a football ground. If it safe to have thousands of construction workers to travel to sites all around the country, its safe to go to a football match.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I bought a ticket for the St Johnstone game at ER which was the first one to get cancelled.

What did Hibs do about refunds etc?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post

This 2nd lockdown has been a load of nonsense. if construction and manufacturing can continue throughout as if there is nothing going on then we should be allowed into a football ground. If it safe to have thousands of construction workers to travel to sites all around the country, its safe to go to a football match.
    Oh dear!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I bought a ticket for the St Johnstone game at ER which was the first one to get cancelled.

What did Hibs do about refunds etc?
    No idea, but season ticket holders didn’t get refunds for missing the rest in f the season
    Think I got a refund for the next away game, think it could have been Hamilton away

No idea, but season ticket holders didn’t get refunds for missing the rest in f the season
    Think I got a refund for the next away game, think it could have been Hamilton away
    Season ticket holders were offered a refund.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreHibs View Post
    Oh dear!
    I take it you dont work in Construction?

There is measures in place to try and keep people 2m apart but its human nature to talk to people closer than that. I travel about multiple site daily and its the same all over the country. Thousands of house holds mixing. All trying to keep 2m.apart but its impossible. Yet our First Minister is delighted to tell us we can mix with more than one household outside next week. Give us a break FFS.

Refunds were offered to every season ticket holder.

@hibs.net private member

Think that the Sevco fans yesterday showed why they couldn't let football go ahead. Now that things are getting under control hopefully things will change for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreHibs View Post
    Oh dear!
    Dunno why you are saying oh dear. He is right, that is exactly what is happening. Site I am on has guys working on it from all over the UK.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Dunno why you are saying oh dear. He is right, that is exactly what is happening. Site I am on has guys working on it from all over the UK.
    Is construction not of higher importance than attending football though? I think that's the difference as to why one is happening and the other isn't.

Whether it's high enough to not have been included in the things that shouldn't be still happening is another argument.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    100%,as I said above, in general the construction industry as a whole have done loads of work to try and keep people safe, hand sanitizing, splitting tea breaks, minimizing people in and around site cabins but as soon as your out on the park, people naturally get closer than 2m to each other.

Your not telling me, its safer to work on a site than if is to go to a football match.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Is construction not of higher importance than attending football though? I think that's the difference as to why one is happening and the other isn't.

Whether it's high enough to not have been included in the things that shouldn't be still happening is another argument.
    Why should one been more important than the other? it should be based on safety and risk of transmission.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Why should one been more important than the other? it should be based on safety and risk of transmission.
    I'd imagine construction sites probably are considered safer with a lower risk of transmission than attending football.

However, I disagree with your first point regardless. Importance plays a part, it has to. It's how you decide when risks are worth taking, and what on. That applies to pandemic restrictions as much as anything else in life.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I make it the third lockdown, including the autumn one, but the infection numbers and death rate suggest it’s not been a nonsense at all. Things were running out of control after New Year and now they are not.

Work sites where everyone has to obey COVID protocols are a completely different scenario to public events, where it is much harder to enforce social distancing etc.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Work sites where everyone has to obey COVID protocols are a completely different scenario to public events, where it is much harder to enforce social distancing etc.
    You try making sure everyone observes COVID protocols on a construction site mind you. It’s like herding cats.

I don't understand the opinion that just because certain people up and down the country are not following covid-19 restrictions right now means the restrictions are pointless? That's basically what the whole construction thing above boils down to.

At the end of the day it all comes down to risk and what is deemed tolerable. The current restrictions allow construction to carry on because the reward outweighs the risk, and as much as it pains me to say it as a season ticket holder, letting football fans back into stadiums isn't a big enough reward to outweigh the risk to public health.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You try making sure everyone observes COVID protocols on a construction site mind you. It’s like herding cats.

I believe you.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Think that the Sevco fans yesterday showed why they couldn't let football go ahead. Now that things are getting under control hopefully things will change for the better.
    Yup even if it’s safe within stadia - what some including some bams do before and after in numbers probably adds to the risk factors. Drinking ans social distancing don’t appear to be a great combo.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I remember in the days leading up to it being adamant I was still going on the presumption it was going ahead.

Little did I know about the actual severity of what was to come as I certainly wouldn’t go into a stadium now in that situation.

I pass ER on my way to and from work. For a long while I was taking an alternative, longer route because driving past every day just got me down. Totally irrational but then what about supporting a football team isn't?

I've not missed the football all that much if I'm being totally honest. Of course it's a huge part of it but a day at the game, home or particularly away, is so much more than that. I can't wait for the day when I can get a pint in the Iona pre match at home or have a couple of cans on a train on the way to an away game then venture into a random pub for a pint and a laugh and a blether.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff
    I wonder how many fans will have been lost to football because of a 12 month fan free attendance?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    100%,as I said above, in general the construction industry as a whole have done loads of work to try and keep people safe, hand sanitizing, splitting tea breaks, minimizing people in and around site cabins but as soon as your out on the park, people naturally get closer than 2m to each other.

Your not telling me, its safer to work on a site than if is to go to a football match.
    Genuine question. How many sites have 10000 working at the same time? How many of those jobs have folks seated for just under 2 hours in close proximity? Are the sites ike the old ship yards where everyone leaves at the same time or staggered. I get the frustration but these are things you cannot compare like for like. A bit like our friends in the west defending the celebrations because a smaller number who wore masks and stayed socially distanced thought it important to go to a demo defending basic human rights.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    My son was meant to be mascot to st Johnstone he’s still gutted