hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Scott allan

@hibs.net private member

Scott allan

Why oh why did scott allan not get on today ,with half an hour to go we needed someone with a bit of creativity and guile to unlock that defence but no we bring on doige who without service is going to no better than what we had I know scott has had his problems but this week he was reported as saying he is as fit as he ever has been and feeling great so why not him to turn the game in our favour, I've come to the conclusion that Jack Ross does not see him in his long term plans hope I'm wrong but we need someone with a bit of magic sadly I don't think that is scott allan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why oh why did scott allan not get on today ,with half an hour to go we needed someone with a bit of creativity and guile to unlock that defence but no we bring on doige who without service is going to no better than what we had I know scott has had his problems but this week he was reported as saying he is as fit as he ever has been and feeling great so why not him to turn the game in our favour, I've come to the conclusion that Jack Ross does not see him in his long term plans hope I'm wrong but we need someone with a bit of magic sadly I don't think that is scott allan.
    We could do with another five or six SA

It’s a hard one to answer. I guess there’s fit and there’s match fit.
    But you’d think half an hour in a game we are losing would be ideal for giving him more game time. I’d love to see him back as an integral part of the team.

I was screaming for Allan to come on for the majority of the second half.

However we don’t know how he’s feeling. I imagine some days might be easier than others for him and who knows if he was one of the ones with a knock etc.

We could certainly have done with his creativity and taking a bit of risk with a pass

Can’t get match fit if he doesn’t take part in matches.

If he isn’t fit enough to take part he shouldn’t be on the bench. He can do things that no other midfielder in our squad can do. I’d have given him a decent part of the second half but that decision to put Hallberg on with ten minutes to go was bonkers.

Allan is next season. Hopefully

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    There was no room behind St Johnstone.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Agreed. We have players who can pick a pass but St J were really well drilled and left no gaps. They live for grabbing a goal and soaking it up to set up the counter. From there set pieces are their bread and butter. It cost us in the semifinal and again yesterday.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    I share the frustration and he might well have made a difference yesterday, but think we need to be really patient with Scott and let him come back at his own pace. I'm sure Jack Ross will continue to manage that situation sensibly.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Allan is next season. Hopefully
    Why have him on the bench then? I appreciate he may not be able to play a full 90 minutes but surely could play 30 in a game which all you need is a bit of magic to turn the game?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Why have him on the bench then? I appreciate he may not be able to play a full 90 minutes but surely could play 30 in a game which all you need is a bit of magic to turn the game?

Took the words right out of my mouth, what's the point of having a potential game winner on the bench and not bring him on for at least 30 mins, time he needs and time to get something from the game.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    He was able to come on against Motherwell in the previous game and despite looking rusty still managed to pick out Nisbet for a chance (which he ballooned over the bar.) Yesterday at 1-0 down Ross brings on Hallberg instead. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth, what's the point of having a potential game winner on the bench and not bring him on for at least 30 mins, time he needs and time to get something from the game.

yet 6 weeks ago he was deemed fit enough to try to turn a game against st Johnstone? Really don’t get the thinking behind not giving him a chance yesterday

A player like Allan doesn’t come along very often most teams in this league would bite their hand off to have.

Any manager should be building a team around their most taleneted players.

I don’t think Ross knows how to do this.

@hibs.net private member
    This is the fact of the matter.

Left by mutual consent!

Is that not when you would need a player such as SA to help unlock a defence with a wee bit craft/ guile? Call it what you will.

Instead of the high ball, hoping for a knock down and generally a wee bit bounce of the ball which very rarely happens!

We let Mallan go to Turkey and Scott Allan was capable surely of at least 20 minutes, I agree he should have came on.

If Scott Allan isn't fit to make a contribution then someone needs to stop him doing interviews where he says the exact opposite.

We were screaming out for him yesterday towards the end of that match.

He's not much use to an agricultural hoofball side who just want to get it up the park (which we looked much like for most of yesterday) but if we have any pretences of wanting to play football then if you don't play him towards the end of that game yesterday then I simply don't known when you would play him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If Scott Allan isn't fit to make a contribution then someone needs to stop him doing interviews where he says the exact opposite.

He's not much use to an agricultural hoofball side who just want to get it up the park (which we looked much like for most of yesterday) but if we have any pretences of wanting to play football then if you don't play him towards the end of that game yesterday then I simply don't known when you would play him.
    Not sure it is as easy as that.

It was a horrible pitch, as they all are just now and our pattern of play second half was getting it wide quickly and getting in the box. We were actually creating chances in the box without them really falling to us or resulting in a lot of shots at goal.

Could be that in the circumstances we didn’t think trying to get Allan on the ball centrally was what we needed on a crap park with a team sitting deep and crowding the middle.

@hibs.net private member
    He didn't look anywhere near close to fitness last time out

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Totally agree with this.

Something I think gets forgotten about with Allan is that he’s a midfielder that might actually put the ball in the net himself. Everybody thinks about him creating for others but he’s more capable than any of our midfielders of actually putting the ball in the net himself.

When Hallberg got put on in front of him, at that stage of the game with the way it was, he must have been sitting wondering what the point of being there is.

Scott Allan shouldn't be near the first team just now, he's not match fit and he's not as good as some people think he is, otherwise he wouldn't be playing for us. Lets see how he gets on with some pre-season matches or when we are winning comfortably and he comes on in a winning team, which probably won't happen the way we are missing the chances we create.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I personally think he could be finished.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    He talks a good game on telly. I wouldn’t grudge him a pay off part time football and tv appearances.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    In 3 posts he's went from being not good enough, paid off, and a TV pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Scott will know his body better than anyone and if he feels as though he still has his best years ahead of him then I fully believe him with that. I think with a full pre season and more games under his belt he will be an important player for us next season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Not at all I said I wouldn’t grudge it but of course I hope he fully recovers.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Needs games, Can’t get any bounce matches due to Covid.

Next season I hope to see him back to his best. Plenty faith in the boy

Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    On Sportscene tonight.