hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

St Johnstone.. bogey team?

It struck me during today’s game that I can remember very few wins against this lot over the last few years. I looked it up and since we came back up in 2017 we’ve played them 12 times, won 3, drawn 5, and lost 4.

not looking to start a fight with anyone, I Know we’re all hurting, but st Johnstone have an average crowd of 4k (yes I know there hasn’t been such a thing as a crowd from the last year). Surely this is the sort of club we should be beating regularly.

why are they so difficult to play against?

2. Log in to remove the advert

They do seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us in recent years but they have won both cups in last decade and regularly made top 6 with various managers so maybe not just us . Why ?
    Less presure / expectations for players than ours ? Spent less on youth set up so have money for good signings - they seem to have good players on bench ? I don`t remember many if any players they`ve had in recent years we`d have wanted to sign definitely but loads of players that are of the same quality as ours so perform better with a good manager and team spirit .

They’ve only lost to the OF in their last 15.They’re not duffers.Had a bit of luck when they lost Macnamara stuck Rooney in again and discovered he can play.

I actually think Hearts is our “bogey team” - our record against them is awful.

Listening to the league cup final coverage it’s also evident Hibs have given up opportunities to be successful by beaten by Livi / Ross County in finals and teams like Saints in semi final recently.

I think losing early/cheap goals against them is what is killing us.

Same way it did against Aberdeen.

Score first against them for once or make them work for the goal and we’d do fine.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Pretty sure that was the first time they have beat us at Home in a good few years .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH