hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw a post on twitter: We've lost 9 league games and scored in NONE of them. That's a clear pattern where we cannot get even a foothold in a game where we go behind. Collectively weak mentality.
    Defeatist attitude. No leaders on the pitch, and a manager who can't change things.

Just as well we're being chased by a team that's scored 3 goals in 9 games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fans are desperate to pull out stats when we are pish. 4 wins on the trot. Site is dead. Now.....we are utter pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Defeatist attitude. No leaders on the pitch, and a manager who can't change things.

They’ve only scored 1 in 9.

Great that in March we`re 3rd in a year in which 3rd could bring important benefits financially at least things could certainly be a lot worse . Hopefully more entertainment next season whatever league position we`re in .

I think we'll end up with 3rd place like we did under Tony Mowbray when we went into the split with a 6 point advantage which by the end of the season was an advantage of one goal.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Saw a post on twitter: We've lost 9 league games and scored in NONE of them. That's a clear pattern where we cannot get even a foothold in a game where we go behind. Collectively weak mentality.
    I wasn't aware of this. It's a terrible record to have; one that smacks of a team with fragile confidence.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I wasn't aware of this. It's a terrible record to have; one that smacks of a team with fragile confidence.
    Yes I believe we're the only team in the league that hasn't scored in a single defeat so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    2 losses and its hard to see where a win is coming from I mean seriously, I despair at the exaggeration on here soemtimes.

4 wins, 2 losses in last 6. So basically, if we keep up our form from last 6 games we get 3rd by miles. 2 rough results, no doubt. In a season with dozens of rough and strange results. We win the next two and there will be threads about finishing second next season and ''could we beat an English side over 2 legs in Europe'' and such.
    Well said mate. The negativity of Hibs fans and the ability of some to turn on the team at the drop of a hat drives me to distraction. Of course it’s disappointing but this is Hibs, you’d think folk would twig that we never take the easy route. Teams misfiring a bit but get behind them instead of sniping and crazy comments about never winning again. Have a little faith in your team and manager GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Well said mate. The negativity of Hibs fans and the ability of some to turn on the team at the drop of a hat drives me to distraction. Of course it’s disappointing but this is Hibs, you’d think folk would twig that we never take the easy route. Teams misfiring a bit but get behind them instead of sniping and crazy comments about never winning again. Have a little faith in your team and manager GGTTH
    It has been a difficult and frustrating season to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

What a bunch. The irony if your statement might be lost in you but it’s not on me. You really think the team goes out with a defeatist attitude and that JR has no clue. We’re third in the division and not long ago won 4 in a row. All teams have barren spells, get over your own defeatist attitude and support your team.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    2 losses and its hard to see where a win is coming from I mean seriously, I despair at the exaggeration on here soemtimes.

4 wins, 2 losses in last 6. So basically, if we keep up our form from last 6 games we get 3rd by miles. 2 rough results, no doubt. In a season with dozens of rough and strange results. We win the next two and there will be threads about finishing second next season and ''could we beat an English side over 2 legs in Europe'' and such.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    It has been a difficult and frustrating season to be fair.
    Every season I have followed Hibs has been difficult and frustrating. Over the course of a season we will always draw/lose games we expect to win.

I don’t wholly disagree with you but the notion of “this is Hibs” is one I’ve heard too much before and in particular this season. Tired of it. Hibs being ‘Hibs’ -“disappointing” as you called it isn’t a good enough excuse anymore for results like today, last week or the two semi’s we have had to endure this season. By all means praise be due when we’re winning and performing but criticism fairly comes when things go like they have today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Not sure what this post was intended to achieve.
    Next time I’ll set a series of goals for a post so that we can measure whether or not they’ve been achieved.

It simply an impressionistic reaction following another disappointing performance and result. This is a football supporters form.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    There’s not a chance in hell we’ll beat Livi next week.
    Whatever mate - thanks for the opportunity of a double gloat if we do

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Probably because we're playing Ross County.
    touche

What a bunch. The irony if your statement might be lost in you but it’s not on me. You really think the team goes out with a defeatist attitude and that JR has no clue. We’re third in the division and not long ago won 4 in a row. All teams have barren spells, get over your own defeatist attitude and support your team.
    Good grief

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It's all about scraping results from here but I'd be kidding if I had any confidence in our ability to do it.

When we win we're normally just about as awful as when we lose.

And the "after losing the first goal" business is getting ridiculous.

It's a mystery to me how we've found ourselves in the position we have because far better Hibs teams than this one have been much lower in the league.

We've got a reasonable ability to defend and see out wins against crap, uninspiring teams of very limited talent so we're fine of we can nick a goal first in most games. That's about all I can put it down to.
    I'm not talking about you in particular, but the negative comments on here are way ott. We're third in the league on merit regardless of how good the opposition are. And I don't think it's as bad as being made out either.
    I think lock down is responsible for a lot of the skewed comments. If you were offered a chance of third before the season started we would all have grabbed it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Whatever mate - thanks for the opportunity of a double gloat if we do
    Ok mate. Good luck.

You should drive through to Livingston for it. 😁

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Next time I’ll set a series of goals for a post so that we can measure whether or not they’ve been achieved.

It simply an impressionistic reaction following another disappointing performance and result. This is a football supporters form.
    You sure it’s not lockdown grief? Seems a common symptom diagnosis amongst reactions to other impressionistic reactions.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Folk saying that the standard of team outwith Rangers and Celtic is dire, this has pretty much always been the case my whole life. I dunno how you are just noticing it now but usually there isn't much between the team that finishes say 4th and bottom quality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Alternatively, we haven't lost a game this season in which we have scored

The same level of hyperbolic hysteria surfaced once we lost to the Dons in November. Then again after the Livi game in Jan. Yet we've had periods of 9 games unbeaten this season & not long of a 4 game winning streak.

But still in a decent position for our highest finish jn 16 years. IF we get that, plus guaranteed European football till Xmas (depending on who wins the SC) will fans agree thats been a successful season?

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    The same level of hyperbolic hysteria surfaced once we lost to the Dons in November. Then again after the Livi game in Jan. Yet we've had periods of 9 games unbeaten this season & not long of a 4 game winning streak.

But still in a decent position for our highest finish jn 16 years. IF we get that, plus guaranteed European football till Xmas (depending on who wins the SC) will fans agree thats been a successful season?
    They will, until we lose a winnable game next season, then this season will have been lucky.

Not really the drop of a hat, most of the season its been frustrating, the only things going for us are the rest of Scottish fitba is not of a great standard and Aberdeen going through a bad patch. 3rd place is great IF one of the OF win the Scottish cup, but the fitba is dire at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Not really the drop of a hat, most of the season its been frustrating, the only things going for us are the rest of Scottish fitba is not of a great standard and Aberdeen going through a bad patch. 3rd place is great IF one of the OF win the Scottish cup, but the fitba is dire at times.
    That's a really negative way of just saying we've been the 3rd best team so far.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Lets assume this is a made up league table with 6 matches to go.

The team which has won more, lost fewest, scored more, and lost least goals.

What would the perception be of the team at the top? Asking for a friend............

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

What would the perception be of the team at the top? Asking for a friend............

I’d be wondering how they ended up top winning less than half their games!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Why are the team 3rd not 1st?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    3rd place, and winning the Scottish Cup would be even better. Not beyond the realms of possibility either.