hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers fans

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the implicit message is that Arlene Foster and her other other DUP colleagues are Huns. How sad that political leaders in such a teoubled part of the country feel the need to align the selves with a bigoted, rotten institution like Rangers and that they clearly believe that this is perfectly acceptable to their public. Anyone believing that Rangers and sectarianism aren’t intrinsically linked is deluding themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    So the implicit message is that Arlene Foster and her other other DUP colleagues are Huns. How sad that political leaders in such a teoubled part of the country feel the need to align the selves with a bigoted, rotten institution like Rangers and that they clearly believe that this is perfectly acceptable to their public. Anyone believing that Rangers and sectarianism aren’t intrinsically linked is deluding themselves.
    It's not implicit. She's a regular visitor to Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    It's not implicit. She's a regular visitor to Ibrox.
    I suppose there are few people in Ulster who won’t be aware of that. I didn’t know she was a regular Hun supporter.

It was more the fact that they feel it’s OK to pander to it on the media. When faced with serious civic flouting of rules, perhaps Foster and her fellow politicians could have just stuck to condemning of the stupidity of those on the streets.

I think the Police were left in a no win situation here. They could have tried to break this up but would have come across as heavy handed and there would have been carnage. Given the circumstances they did their best to contain the situation.

Responsibility should have lain with Rangers themselves to warn vociferously against this and to appeal to break it up while underway. Regardless of what Rangers said though, it would have happened anyway as some people are just stupid, irresponsible, reckless etc

Sadly this could have a wider impact on the rest of Scotland

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    The Rangers players and officials actually went out to an area between the stands where they were able to see and be seen by the crowd on Saturday. That's as clear a signal of condoning and encouraging the behaviour.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I find it a bit mystifying how impotent people view the police as being in the face of wide scale breaking of the law.

There are countless things they could have done differently in order to prevent or deal with a situation that is likely to ultimately cost lives.

£10k fines have been doled out to people when it suits them - I was speaking to someone who knows an 87 year old lady who was fined £10k for crossing the border without good reason. Not wishing to downplay the significance of breaking the rules and I'm not saying that fine wasn't undeserved depending on the situation but we're in a really dangerous situation when the law applies to some but not others. Do we just have to accept that the police are incapable of dealing with situations that are very much within their remit?

Basically - get a big enough mob, and law and order goes out the window.

I have sympathy to an extent with the situation the police found themselves in but I don't accept that they were faultless either in their own communications, their ability to lean on Rangers to get them to communicate, or then when the most inevitable situation ended up occurring. They're now backtracking and attempting to shift the blame when they should be looking in the mirror and asking themselves whether they are fit for purpose to deal with unruly mobs.

They've got a couple of weeks to get their act together because you don't exactly need to be Nostradamus to see into the future and predict when the next one is likely to be, although Police Scotland appear to be totally incapable of doing so.
    Last edited by Smartie; 09-03-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Smashing memorial benches,,,,, perhaps as bad as the poppy thieving.

Who would have though....

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    The Rangers players and officials actually went out to an area between the stands where they were able to see and be seen by the crowd on Saturday. That's as clear a signal of condoning and encouraging the behaviour.
    Yip.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    If the Rangers had concerns about this then why did the police not tell the Rangers club to open the gates to ibrox and contain the supporters in the ground when they realised the size of crowds forming outside rather than bringing the city centre to a standstill and marching more supporters from the ground to the square.

Chippy paper now, Glasgow police will now move on to making a punt of the old firm game.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I find it a bit mystifying how impotent people view the police as being in the face of wide scale breaking of the law.

There are countless things they could have done differently in order to prevent or deal with a situation that is likely to ultimately cost lives.

£10k fines have been doled out to people when it suits them - I was speaking to someone who knows an 87 year old lady who was fined £10k for crossing the border without good reason. Not wishing to downplay the significance of breaking the rules and I'm not saying that fine wasn't undeserved depending on the situation but we're in a really dangerous situation when the law applies to some but not others. Do we just have to accept that the police are incapable of dealing with situations that are very much within their remit?

I have sympathy to an extent with the situation the police found themselves in but I don't accept that they were faultless either in their own communications, their ability to lean on Rangers to get them to communicate, or then when the most inevitable situation ended up occurring. They're now backtracking and attempting to shift the blame when they should be looking in the mirror and asking themselves whether they are fit for purpose to deal with unruly mobs.

They've got a couple of weeks to get their act together because you don't exactly need to be Nostradamus to see into the future and predict when the next one is likely to be, although Police Scotland appear to be totally incapable of doing so.
    I mentioned this at the time. Most of Scotland was in level 3 and 4 in November and December meaning travel was restricted. A local self catering property was booked for a family of 4,but it was a front for a house party. The owners called the police and they turned up at 10:30 but said that they couldn't break it up because people had come from Kirkcaldy and they had consumed alcohol.

I don't understand how they could not break it up and issue fines, confiscate the disco equipment and book anyone who tries to drive under the influence. The police Scotland approach of softly softly just hasn't worked in a lot of cases.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Nicola no happy.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Shouldn't The Rangers be fined £10k for organising the event

If the Gov and Police needed The Rangers to do the right thing in order for this to be managed, they are fools and it was doomed from the start. They should have insisted on seeing Sevco statement well before the Celtic match. The Police should have issued a strong public statement after The Rangers match THREATENING to video, arrest and fine anyone involved, even if that meant after the event. The Police and Gov should have told The Rangers players to stay out of sight, not to get involved or encourage lawlessness.

Given the Rangers failed in their responsibility to issue an effective warning and allowed their players to join in the celebrations with fans, they should be forced to pay for the policing and clean up for Sunday's carnage.

By doing nothing and accepting the situation, the Police and Government are in effect saying they are completely impotent and cannot do anything to stop thousands of Sevco or Celtic fans from mass-gathering in a Pandemic. That's unacceptable.

Correct. Basically the Huns and Celtic fans have both been given Carte Blanche to do what they want from now on.
    What's the actual point of the Polis when it comes to these two clubs?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Get a big crowd and you’re untouchable seems to be the message.

Nicola is calling out the old firm in Parliament and will be speaking to the football authorities.
    Punishment should be be a Rangers 80 points deduction Celtic 60 points. 😁😁😁😁😁

"People need to understand what these fans have been through"
    That is what Gerrard said in an interview.
    Never mind the thousands of families who have lost loved ones and what they are going through.
    And more will become ill and hospitalised after the weekends behaviour .

And two Glasgow derbies yet to come !!
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 09-03-2021 at 02:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Gregory Campbell and Arlene Foster giving it laldy
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    It is widely regarded in the football family that this is one of the greatest modern day sporting achievements hahahahaahahahahahahaha

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    It is widely regarded in the football family that this is one of the greatest modern day sporting achievements hahahahaahahahahahahaha
    Come on now. Any team winning their first major trophy is a sporting achievement! Perhaps not the of the greatest modern day variety, but an achievement none the less.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Comedy gold. They even talk about not wanting to appear arrogant. Since when has that ever bothered them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Yep and then appeared to celebrate with large crowds at what might have been the training ground the following day. ****bags

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Comedy gold. They even talk about not wanting to appear arrogant. Since when has that ever bothered them.
    What a cringeworthy pompous statement.

They've won their first major title since liquidating themselves to avoid paying enormous debts, and the cost of winning that title in the weakest SPFL season in recent memory has been building up another huge debt to do it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Rangers truly are an utterly despicable institution with all the cheap jibes they see fit to put in their communications.

It will be interesting to learn whether or not this is actually an accurate representation of events.

If not, what might the consequences be?

If so, what does it say about the other parties who have commented on this matter?

Nicola not ruling out bringing football in Scotland to a end if certain clubs don't get there act together

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Nicola not ruling out bringing football in Scotland to a end if certain clubs don't get there act together
    Lets not wait and give them an excuse to again gather outside. call the league today. Hibs 3rd and Europe next year would do me.

Hate to say I told you so but............

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    She's not saying who, but they know that they're on a "sticky" wicket...

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    Lets not wait and give them an excuse to again gather outside. call the league today. Hibs 3rd and Europe next year would do me.
    I'm currently goading all the huns I know into some further celebratory park bench trashing and street masturbation so this very scenario unfolds.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Hate to say I told you so but............

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    You'll need to post a link or a better photo, that is illegible even when blown up

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.