hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers fans

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have them it as well 🤮
    No offence intended, but what does this mean?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Have was meant to be gave i.e. we gave them an apology for what Irvine Welsh said.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Yea sorry I meant gave. It’s late

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Have was meant to be gave i.e. we gave them an apology for what Irvine Welsh said.
    Ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    People at Police Scotland need sacked for this. It was patently obvious it would happen, so they should have had forces in place to turn fans back long before they reached areas to gather in numbers. That they didn’t is, at best, stupidity, at worst, wilfully turning a blind eye.

Also Rangers refusing to even tweet to their fan base to disperse means they can carry some of the blame as well and should also be punished.
    The amount of police leading the march from Ibrox to George Square raises a question. Why didn't they just stop, turn round and tell everyone to go home?????? Instead they walk them all into the city centre

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    People at Police Scotland need sacked for this. It was patently obvious it would happen, so they should have had forces in place to turn fans back long before they reached areas to gather in numbers. That they didn’t is, at best, stupidity, at worst, wilfully turning a blind eye.

Also Rangers refusing to even tweet to their fan base to disperse means they can carry some of the blame as well and should also be punished.
    The concern would be that the worst damage might be yet to come.

It will be very hard to get anyone from "the other side" to comply with restrictions now. Not condoning that, but it's the way it is. Glasgow is just going to be a covid nightmare from here, and that's before you get onto the subject of the old firm game.

The police's softly softly approach to this will cost lives.

They didn't need tear gas and cracking skulls - they needed some very clear messaging in the run up to this and to have encouraged messaging from Rangers themselves and when that didn't happen this was inevitable.

We're all in trouble now.

I cannot believe this ***** takes place on the streets of the UK in the 21st century.

I could honestly cry when I witness this bigotry and hate masquerading as a celebration of football.

https://twitter.com/UMclea/status/13...167006723?s=19

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think the club should have put out a statement to ask fans to return home, I said it was pathetic earlier on that they didn't do so, but only because it would have been the responsible thing to do not because they were obliged to do so.

A club cannot be held responsible for their fans' behaviour in a public place, that would just be silly.
    Maybe so, but a club can disassociate itself from the irresponsible, arguably illegal, actions of it’s supporters. Rangers failed to do this, (they actively encouraged it) and should face the consequences, which, of course, they won’t,

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I cannot believe this ***** takes place on the streets of the UK in the 21st century.

I could honestly cry when I witness this bigotry and hate masquerading as a celebration of football.

https://twitter.com/UMclea/status/13...167006723?s=19
    Horrible football club, can’t stand them. Beating them on that day in May 2016 makes it even sweeter.

Maybe so, but a club can disassociate itself from the irresponsible, arguably illegal, actions of it’s supporters. Rangers failed to do this, (they actively encouraged it) and should face the consequences, which, of course, they won’t,
    Of course tweeting to their fans to ask them to go home would have been the responsible thing to do, no argument from me there. It's how I would have expected Hibs to respond if we were in that position.

The fact that Rangers chose not to take such an approach is regrettable but I don't know what rules they have broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    The very same people who attacked nationalists in George Square and the very same people who are being whipped into a frenzy by the Tories and their weirdo far right politics. Take a look at the Shankhill celebrations tonight and how much damage Brexit has already caused in NI. These people are supremacists just like the Trump mob in the states. Whatever way the independence vote goes this is an issue that must be confronted and fixed long term.
    Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Bang on.
    Whats george Squuare going to look like when we do get Independence?

Hate is a strong word but I hate that type of Rangers fan and that's almost all of them. Yesterday just reminded me how much I loathe them. Thick, arrogant, blinkered and selfish. Anyone hoping they'd stop Celtic winning the league needs their head examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Whats george Squuare going to look like when we do get Independence?
    Like a scene from Bannockburn.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    We’ve been forced to stay in for the last year. I’ve been working from home for the last year. It’s taken it’s toll on both my mental and physical health. Had to miss my girlfriends family members funeral as well yet they’re out in there thousands celebrating winning a trophy? Na that doesn’t sit right with me nor will it sit right with many others

Not too sure I’d say it’s me being a “big baby” about it either
    In the same position, we would have done the exact same. It’s because it’s the Huns that people are so wound up.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hate is a strong word but I hate that type of Rangers fan and that's almost all of them. Yesterday just reminded me how much I loathe them. Thick, arrogant, blinkered and selfish. Anyone hoping they'd stop Celtic winning the league needs their head examined.
    Celtic fans would have been out celebrating 10 in a row in even bigger numbers. Both clubs are a stain on our country.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    ****my *******s. Those people are a disgrace to their own city and families. No wonder that club is despised. Selfish *****.
    TA are a disgrace too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2394303/Scotland-fans-make-mess-London-clash-England-Wembley.html

The hypocrisy on this thread is something else. I understand they have broken the rules but you have to ask yourself the question would have it have been any different if we had won the league cup a week or so ago? No, it wouldn’t have.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    We would do the same if we won the cup or the league let’s be honest.
    Do you stand by that comment after what went on yesterday? You didn't address the issue just deflected on behalf of the idiots on the street. Your comment made you sound like an apologist for them. A flippant "oh it's ok we'd do the same" . Speak for yourself, imo the vast majority of Hibs fans have more sense than your average bigoted hun.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Do you stand by that comment after what went on yesterday? You didn't address the issue just deflected on behalf of the idiots on the street. Your comment made you sound like an apologist for them. A flippant "oh it's ok we'd do the same" . Speak for yourself, imo the vast majority of Hibs fans have more sense than your average bigoted hun.
    It’s clearly not OK from a pandemic perspective, however there are too many posters on this page getting on their high horse when they would have done the exact same in similar circumstances.

https://twitter.com/coybig6721/statu...696865281?s=19

Look at the state of them though. They are genuinely wired differently. I can hand on heart say ive never met or known a hun thats not a cretin when it comes to football. Can talk away to some of them about anything then when it comes to football you can see the switch. Absolute rockets to a man.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    TA are a disgrace too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2394303/Scotland-fans-make-mess-London-clash-England-Wembley.html

The hypocrisy on this thread is something else. I understand they have broken the rules but you have to ask yourself the question would have it have been any different if we had won the league cup a week or so ago? No, it wouldn’t have.
    You’re comparing litter to risking people’s lives during a global pandemic?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You’re comparing litter to risking people’s lives during a global pandemic?
    No I’m comparing litter to litter - both Keith and SDG posted specifically regarding the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    https://twitter.com/coybig6721/statu...696865281?s=19

Look at the state of them though. They are genuinely wired differently. I can hand on heart say ive never met or known a hun thats not a cretin when it comes to football. Can talk away to some of them about anything then when it comes to football you can see the switch. Absolute rockets to a man.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I wonder if we can persuade trump to build a giant wall around Glasgow?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    No I’m comparing litter to litter - both Keith and SDG posted specifically regarding the mess.
    Apologies, I missed that

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Unreal the amount of Huns on my Facebook that have came crawling out the woodwork from East Lothian and Edinburgh, most of us on here probably been to Ibrox more times than half of them

Imagine leaving your own city in the nick they have left George Sq, absolute vermin 🤮
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    There was a counter protest by one single steaming Celtic fan at 2.30am this morning on Dunlin Drive in Dunfermline. Hope he has a stinking hangover today the ****.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Hibs fans would’ve been out in big numbers had we won the league too. Not all of the Hibs fans, just like it’s not all of the Rangers fans. I’d have gone out.

I do think we’d have been better behaved than them though, and I do think the club would’ve dealt with it differently too, The club would’ve actively discouraged what was going on.

In the same position, we would have done the exact same. It’s because it’s the Huns that people are so wound up.
    Agreed.

If we had won the league yesterday of course there would have been loads of Hibs fans in Edinburgh all day - smaller numbers of course but the idea that it's only Rangers fans who would have behaved like that yesterday is unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Hibs fans would’ve been out in big numbers had we won the league too. Not all of the Hibs fans, just like it’s not all of the Rangers fans. I’d have gone out.

I do think we’d have been better behaved than them though, and I do think the club would’ve dealt with it differently too, The club would’ve actively discouraged what was going on.
    I think that's the key point.

Rangers as a club have done nothing to discourage it and in some ways actually helped stoke the flames (celebrating with fans who shouldn't have been there in the first place).

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    If this was hibs we’d be getting hammered in the media, 2016 anyone.