hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VARgument

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes absolutely, it works well elsewhere it seems to be the EPL that are struggling with it.
    Where do you mean by elsewhere? There have been regular controversies with its use in Italy, Germany, Spain and elsewhere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    after watching a VAR decision just now in the Burnley v Arsenal game then YES, a great reason to have it

referee gave a penalty when he thought the ball came off the arm of the burnley defender, also a 2nd yellow then Red for the burnley player, overturned by Var when it showed the ball actually came of the boys shoulder

Penalty AND 2nd yellow/red card overturned, excellent

I actually prefer the way it's done in cricket.

Each team can call for a review, but unless there is clear evidence the umpire's original call stands. The only problem that leaves is the incompetence of Scottish officials.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    No I can’t stand it.

It’s suffocating the life out of football.

Yes you want the best decisions but football is all about mistakes and raw emotion.

You can’t regulate every single part of it and if you do the game will just turn so boring.

I like how 100mph Scottish football is and whilst it’s frustrating some devious are wrong I’d rather that than seeing Hibs score a goal and I’m too scared to celebrate Incase var rules it out for someone’s shoulder being 0.1cm offside.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    after watching a VAR decision just now in the Burnley v Arsenal game then YES, a great reason to have it

referee gave a penalty when he thought the ball came off the arm of the burnley defender, also a 2nd yellow then Red for the burnley player, overturned by Var when it showed the ball actually came of the boys shoulder

Penalty AND 2nd yellow/red card overturned, excellent
    A few minutes after it refuses to get involved in a stonewall penalty incident. Shambles of a system whether it gets one decision right now and again, ruining the game.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    A few minutes after it refuses to get involved in a stonewall penalty incident. Shambles of a system whether it gets one decision right now and again, ruining the game.

i'm only commenting on what i saw of the game....which was only the last 5 mins :)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    VAR is fine, it’s the rules which are driving some ludicrous offside and handball decisions that are ruining it. The handball rules previously were perfectly fine and players shouldn’t be offside if you’re needing slide rules and computer graphics to determine it. If it’s that close the attacker should benefit.
    I agree

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Hate var, sucks the life out of the game, can you imagine a last min winner getting cut off after a players arm pit being offside!

I know it’s the rules rather than Var but would rather have goal line technology, still wouldn’t trust the refs to make the right call even with the benefit of a replay

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Too expensive in it's present format for Scottish football.
    Would like to see it being used to prevent only the worst decisions so not for baw hair offsides or pouring way back into moves that led to goals and finding a foul on the half way line
    I reckon you could remove the linesmen and they could be the VAR guys.
    If it got rid of the worst decisions it would be great.

However, football supporters, managers etc are moaning *******s so as ever would complain about every little thing which is why they have taken VAR to the nth degree in England and ruined it.
    How expensive actually is it? Jw. Works affordably enough in Egypt, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Morocco, Belgium, Peru, Israel and Switzerland, just to name a few...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goal line tech is enough I think. Hate the offside scrutiny of VAR.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I am for VAR, I understand why some people don’t want it though.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes but let's learn from the mistakes made by other leagues. On a wider point FIFA need to look at updating the rules to fit the game as its played today, offside most importantly.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    No I can’t stand it.

It’s suffocating the life out of football.

Yes you want the best decisions but football is all about mistakes and raw emotion.

You can’t regulate every single part of it and if you do the game will just turn so boring.

I like how 100mph Scottish football is and whilst it’s frustrating some devious are wrong I’d rather that than seeing Hibs score a goal and I’m too scared to celebrate Incase var rules it out for someone’s shoulder being 0.1cm offside.

Investing the money in recruiting better referees would be better.

Scottish football is fast paced and has a unique appeal. I think the SPFL could market it better - not throwback football as such, but football that’s less stop start and less regimented.