hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thousands of us have pumped in funds as well.

We will see what the numbers will look like come the end of the financial year but they will likely be pretty awful.

Don’t be surprised if progress on Ron’s vision for the club is delayed... but I think the direction of travel is very positive.
    I'm not sure that they will be horrendous.

Our ST sales have held up. Obviously, no walk ups, and no OF visits. But that's partly offset by not having police, stewarding and other match day costs.

Little commercial income, of course. But, from various accounts, we've had an insurance payout to reflect loss of income.

Having staff on furlough will have helped. And we'll have taken advantage of other grants available.

And the prize money available will remain the same. Indeed, it should be better for us this season.

The numbers won't be pretty, but I think they might surprise a few.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 05-03-2021 at 07:08 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    At a time when Scottish football is in financial difficulties, we've spent money on adding players of the calibre of Nisbet, Cadden and Irvine and the potential of Magennis.

That is evidence of Gordon making a positive difference because the previous ownership of Farmer and Petrie wouldn't have sanctioned such spending given the circumstances and I wouldn't blame them for that caution.
    You don't know if thats true and we'll never find out. I'm just going on what we already know. I'm not having a pop at him in my post, I'm just saying he is yet to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    You don't know if thats true and we'll never find out. I'm just going on what we already know. I'm not having a pop at him in my post, I'm just saying he is yet to prove himself.
    We already know from Farmer and Petrie's stewardship of Hibs that my prediction is far more likely to be right than wrong.

We already know that Gordon is willing to spend on the first team squad at a time when cutting back is the logical move.

For example, we didn't need Cadden and Irvine in January but we signed them anyway.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.