hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

150th birthday ideas

Only 4 years to go until Hibs’ 150th birthday year...

im sure the club are already making some plans but what would you like to see happen?

id love a tour of Ireland... maybe Dublin, cork, Galway or Sligo, and Belfast.

I’d expect some formal service in St Patrick’s church. Maybe a huge street party or parade in the Cowgate
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 03-03-2021 at 07:56 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

im sure the club are already making some plans but what would you like to see happen?

I’d expect some formal service in St Patrick’s church. Maybe a huge street party or parade in the Cowgate
    Was mentioned at the AGM last year that we would be marking the occasion. Don't know what was planned though.

Like the idea of a street party in the Cowgate. Could have the proclaimers providing the music.

Pat Stanton could be given the freedom of the city for his services to football. Another honour to be added to the church being named after him.
    Last edited by PatHead; 03-03-2021 at 08:32 AM.

How about a friendly against hearts on the meadows on Christmas Day 2025? even between two supporters teams, dressed in traditional 1870s football gear

First Team Regular
    How about a friendly against hearts on the meadows on Christmas Day 2025? even between two supporters teams, dressed in traditional 1870s football gear
    Great idea!

Hearts keeper has to cut off two fingers too!

Definitely a plaque at the entrance to the St. Mary's Street halls.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Was mentioned at the AGM last year that we would be marking the occasion. Don't know what was planned though.

Like the idea of a street party in the Cowgate. Could have the proclaimers providing the music.

Pat Stanton could be given the freedom of the city for his services to football. Another honour to be added to the church being named after him.
    why does he not already have that?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I think Hibs should celebrate by winning the treble. And a nice run in the Champions League would be fitting too.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I think Hibs should celebrate by winning the treble. And a nice run in the Champions League would be fitting too.
    retaining...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    Definitely a plaque at the entrance to the St. Mary's Street halls.
    Yes. 100% this. It's something I've been banging on about for ages, it should've been done years ago.

A celebratory Mass in St. Patrick's would be very appropriate. A street party in the Cowgate as suggested by Pagan Hibernia sounds a great idea.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Great idea!

Hearts keeper has to cut off two fingers too!
    Why not have one in 2024 for their 150th too?

Left by mutual consent!
    Harp back where it rightfully belongs in front of the main stand at Easter Road Stadium. Please.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Replicate the hooped “HFC” shirt for that season

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    But our shirt in that first season was white.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    No thanks. That wasn't even the shirt we wore in our first match. I like the idea of playing in a strip like the one we first wore though.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    No thanks. That wasn't even the shirt we wore in our first match. I like the idea of playing in a strip like the one we first wore though.
    Yep, commemorative kit for the season should be this (brown belt optional)

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Agree, although I would make the brown belt compulsory. Handy when playing the hun, could be used to hit their players and staff a la Chick Young 2016!

We have the 50th anniversary of a certain New Year Derby that we should be celebrating before then as well
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Why not have one in 2024 for their 150th too?
    I'm sure they'll mark their 150th as they see fit but the Hibs v hearts game at the meadows in 2025 would mark 150 years since it first happened, our first game.

I've no idea who hearts first played but I suspect they would rather repeat that than play us.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    that kit, or a more modern variation with those colours looks very classy. Could be a goer for 2025/26... KP can you bring it to the board?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Agree, although I would make the brown belt compulsory. Handy when playing the hun, could be used to hit their players and staff a la Chick Young 2016!
    An obvious addition for the Hibs store, anniversary brown belts.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    I don’t care, I like it😁

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t care, I like it😁
    Make it our second strip for that season. After all it was our second strip. Would piss off the soapdodgers as well.

The brilliant thing is we have a whole year to host a range of events so there should be something for everyone.

I love the idea of a street party in the Cowgate but it only takes a few muppets from rival clubs to spoil that so I'm not sure if it would be a goer. A celebratory Mass at St Patrick's and a plaque at St Mary's Halls are both excellent ideas. A formal dinner with club legends, a glamour friendly, a commemorative strip and a couple of big events at the stadium or East Mains would be good. Maybe talk the Proclaimers into doing a gig for the occasion with a few other Hibs leaning bands and artists supporting.

It's a huge event and I'm sure the club will be desperate to do it justice. Equally I think it would be good if some elements are fan led as well. A recreation of our 1st game at the Meadows would be an example of something fans could lead on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Harp back where it rightfully belongs in front of the main stand at Easter Road Stadium. Please.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

YES!
    & possibly a change in club badge to just a harp?
    I was thinking for the anniversary season kit, or even as part of a 2025+ redesign?
    Just an idea. Some will love the idea, others will hate it...

Like that 🇳🇬

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    On a separate forum (collector stuff, not on here) I was chatting about St Mary’s Street Halls. It’s a place close to my heart and I wrote, a long time back on here, about how I came from that beautiful part of the world, the church and the school, all my family did, all that stuff
    I’m not sure what the halls actually are now, they look like workshops or split office space but at one time they were what we might now term a community hub (communion parties were held nowhere else) yet they are obviously, clearly, huge to our club origins. CYMS in the 19th Century were Cubs and Scouts in the 20th.
    The idea of a plaque is something I would get behind and be active with if I could whatever it took.I’ve noticed that there are now ‘Little Ireland’ street signs appearing around the Cowgate and lower Pleasance. Different ideology from those chaps maybe, but it can be done and done properly.

The club threw itself into the plaque unveiling at St Pats on the 17th March 2013 and so did the church. It was packed.

150 years of Hibernian is absolutely monumental and we have a tangible, solid attachment to a community and its dwellings that other clubs just do not have.
    Monument might be the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    On a separate forum (collector stuff, not on here) I was chatting about St Mary’s Street Halls. It’s a place close to my heart and I wrote, a long time back on here, about how I came from that beautiful part of the world, the church and the school, all my family did, all that stuff
    I’m not sure what the halls actually are now, they look like workshops or split office space but at one time they were what we might now term a community hub (communion parties were held nowhere else) yet they are obviously, clearly, huge to our club origins. CYMS in the 19th Century were Cubs and Scouts in the 20th.
    The idea of a plaque is something I would get behind and be active with if I could whatever it took.I’ve noticed that there are now ‘Little Ireland’ street signs appearing around the Cowgate and lower Pleasance. Different ideology from those chaps maybe, but it can be done and done properly.

The club threw itself into the plaque unveiling at St Pats on the 17th March 2013 and so did the church. It was packed.

150 years of Hibernian is absolutely monumental and we have a tangible, solid attachment to a community and its dwellings that other clubs just do not have.
    Monument might be the tag.
    Have you ever seen any photos of the interior of the halls from Hibs time there, Iggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Have you ever seen any photos of the interior of the halls from Hibs time there, Iggy?
    Not knowingly, but eager to learn, I doubt that too many exploratory photos would exist., it’s not like they had much resource. I have the Lugtons as reference but other than that nothing. I did start to talk to the Church about records a while back, but they are not the easiest to deal with. My family are gone (believe it or not even researching them are difficult as Easter 1916 destroyed a lot of records) and I’m heavily reliant on memories and whatever social media throws up. I did see the Edinburgh Association trophies, a long time back when St Pats were very, very protective of them and they were considered folklore. They were very real as you know and happily now shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Not knowingly, but eager to learn, I doubt that too many exploratory photos would exist., it’s not like they had much resource. I have the Lugtons as reference but other than that nothing. I did start to talk to the Church about records a while back, but they are not the easiest to deal with. My family are gone (believe it or not even researching them are difficult as Easter 1916 destroyed a lot of records) and I’m heavily reliant on memories and whatever social media throws up. I did see the Edinburgh Association trophies, a long time back when St Pats were very, very protective of them and they were considered folklore. They were very real as you know and happily now shared.
    Yeah, I've seen those trophies, beautiful.

Lugton was pretty diligent so I suppose he would have found any obvious photos in existence. A chance of some in family collections I suppose. They were function rooms, so you'd expect some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, I've seen those trophies, beautiful.

Lugton was pretty diligent so I suppose he would have found any obvious photos in existence. A chance of some in family collections I suppose. They were function rooms, so you'd expect some.
    I don’t even have my communion photo and that was 1972!