hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (Also that people can put up with my strange accent for an hour...:
    I was being polite by not mentioning it, but I suppose everyone listening was thinking WTF... 🙂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I was being polite by not mentioning it, but I suppose everyone listening was thinking WTF... 🙂
    In Scotland I get called an English prick, in England I get called a Scottish prick. Worst of both worlds.

I once ordered a pint in the Hibs Club and the lady stood next to me asked if I was Australian, that was a first.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    In Scotland I get called an English prick, in England I get called a Scottish prick. Worst of both worlds.

I once ordered a pint in the Hibs Club and the lady stood next to me asked if I was Australian, that was a first.
    Could’ve been worse.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Could’ve been worse.....
    🤔
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 04-03-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    🤔
    She might have called you an Australian prick!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    She might have called you an Australian prick!

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Really enjoyable listen boys, looking forward to more of these 👍🏻

I get a strong sense Darren will make a very fine manager one day.

Thanks guys that was excellent.

AS for Darren ,comes over so well and will be such an inspiration to ours and Leith Athletics youngsters................Legend !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    For somebody who was born and raised in London and the south east to have such a love for all things Hibs to me shows incredible good taste and is clearly a product of outstanding parenting

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Eventually got round to listening to this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Darren McGregor comes across as a great guy and he was very engaging. Finishing off with some general Hibs chat between the two hosts wound it down well and struck the right balance.

With having a guest like Darren McGregor it had more of a feel like the official club podcasts that stopped a couple of seasons back, with the content pragmatic in manner and easy to listen to.

I like the fact it’s going to be monthly. Not the same pressure to keep up to date with episodes given the volume of alternative Hibs themed podcasts on the go. In the time I took to get round to listening to this I’d have missed a couple of episodes from some of the others, and I’ve found myself drifting away from those because of the volume of episodes and the feeling that you’re not really missing anything by just catching up with the latest one rather than going through the ones you’ve missed.

This one one looks like it will be more stand alone with an interview and a general catch up of the previous 4-5 weeks so not the same demands on the listener to download and absorb right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Eventually got round to listening to this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Darren McGregor comes across as a great guy and he was very engaging. Finishing off with some general Hibs chat between the two hosts wound it down well and struck the right balance.

With having a guest like Darren McGregor it had more of a feel like the official club podcasts that stopped a couple of seasons back, with the content pragmatic in manner and easy to listen to.

I like the fact it’s going to be monthly. Not the same pressure to keep up to date with episodes given the volume of alternative Hibs themed podcasts on the go. In the time I took to get round to listening to this I’d have missed a couple of episodes from some of the others, and I’ve found myself drifting away from those because of the volume of episodes and the feeling that you’re not really missing anything by just catching up with the latest one rather than going through the ones you’ve missed.

This one one looks like it will be more stand alone with an interview and a general catch up of the previous 4-5 weeks so not the same demands on the listener to download and absorb right away.
    Really glad you enjoyed it, and in your own time. Darren is definitely a special guy, I hope he's at the club for a long time yet.

One of the goals was specifically to make it accessible at any point, as we recognise that the weekly/ moment to moment coverage is very well handled by Hibs Talk, Longbangers, Down The Slope, and probably some others I've missed, so it's good to read that you felt it worked on that level.

So long as we're always able to get somebody more interesting than us two on the show.

Will use this reply as a chance to remind folk that the next episode will feature your questions, we'll announce the guest and open the thread at the end of the month, so keep an eye out. 👍