hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Brown

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who sits out? I'd have rather have Jackson, Newell, Gogic and Allan. Unless he's playing for peanuts its a no from me.
    I'd rather have a retiring, pished, fat Scott Brown than Gogic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Wow!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    No.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Have a word with yourself ffs.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think he just might be past it, although there are sometimes i look at our midfield and question myself on that score.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Who sits out? I'd have rather have Jackson, Newell, Gogic and Allan. Unless he's playing for peanuts its a no from me.
    Even though his level has dropped he is still as good or better than all of those players. He would enhance the squad, no doubt about it.

At times this team have been crying out for an experienced and calm (in a footballing sense) head in the middle of the park, brown would definitely give us that as well as a wee bit of dig when things aren't going our way.

Plus, if we are to get european group stage football, his experience of playing in europe would be an asset not only to the players but the manager who has never played or managed in european football before.

Of course it all depends on whether ross wants him and he wants to come but even though i generally don't like to see ex players/managers returning i would be all for a one or two year deal.

He'd struggle for game time

Left by mutual consent!
    Bring him in for derbies. Hawrts fans despise him and he is a master of goading people

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    Anyone think he could make a useful contribution to Hibs as a player, should the chance arise for him to give something back?
    100% yes.

In a playing sense, his experience and bringing a mental toughness to the squad.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’d rather spend what would be a big wage on someone up and coming like Campbell than Brown. However if you put legs and energy around him I think we could still get a good season or two out of him.

Anyone think he could make a useful contribution to Hibs as a player, should the chance arise for him to give something back?
    No.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t like getting ahead of myself but if we do finish 3rd and are in group stages of European football next season we’ll need a big squad.

Someone with Browns experience could be hugely beneficial to us.

Also worth remembering that by the end of the season he’ll have probably played well in excess of 30-35 games for a team that’ll probably finish around 15-20 points ahead of us. The idea he couldn’t contribute something for us is nonsense IMO.

Whether he would be value for money is a different argument but in terms of what he could offer on the pitch it would be a no brainier IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t like getting ahead of myself but if we do finish 3rd and are in group stages of European football next season we’ll need a big squad.

Also worth remembering that by the end of the season he’ll have probably played well in excess of 30-35 games for a team that’ll probably finish around 15-20 points ahead of us. The idea he couldn’t contribute something for us is nonsense IMO.

Whether he would be value for money is a different argument but in terms of what he could offer on the pitch it would be a no brainier IMO.
    I think having better players around him has helped him over the last couple of seasons, but as they have regressed, he's regressed quicker in my opinion.

I agree about the bigger squad, hopefully we will need that, but i just have my doubts over him now.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think having better players around him has helped him over the last couple of seasons, but as they have regressed, he's regressed quicker in my opinion.

I agree about the bigger squad, hopefully we will need that, but i just have my doubts over him now.
    I wouldn’t like to be relying on him to play 40 games a season but used the right way and if he wasn’t too expensive I think he’d be a smart signing.

Looking at our midfield yesterday, who was the leader there? I think we could have done with someone like him yesterday.

If we can get a leader that’s younger then great but I don’t think they’re that easy to come by.

I wouldn’t like to be relying on him to play 40 games a season but used the right way and if he wasn’t too expensive I think he’d be a smart signing.

Looking at our midfield yesterday, who was the leader there? I think we could have done with someone like him yesterday.

If we can get a leader that’s younger then great but I don’t think they’re that easy to come by.
    You might be right Bingo, it's a tough one that probably wont happen anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would give him a year or two, yes. We give Stephen McGinn a contract for very little afterall. His experience would be amazing around the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’d rather spend what would be a big wage on someone up and coming like Campbell than Brown. However if you put legs and energy around him I think we could still get a good season or two out of him.
    Yeah I would agree with all of this.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Bring him in on an Edinburgh Derby only contract.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    I would give him a year or two, yes. We give Stephen McGinn a contract for very little afterall. His experience would be amazing around the club.
    Think McGinn’ is more our Chief Scout nowadays

Was a great player but 36 in June which for a player of his playing style is game over as evidenced by his performances this season. Time waits for no man. When it's over it's over. I was watching Naismith playing for Hearts on Friday and he is done as well. It comes to every player no matter how good.
    For those that want Brown around the place for his experience etc we already have SDG doing that job full time with Daz and young Mr Stevenson in the wings.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 28-02-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Would absolutely stroll into our midfield, would take him in a minute. I think he'll see out his days at Celtic in some capacity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Would absolutely stroll into our midfield, would take him in a minute. I think he'll see out his days at Celtic in some capacity though.
    The only reason stroll is that can't run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Bring him in on an Edinburgh Derby only contract.
    He would do it as a freebie I am sure of that.

He would do it as a freebie I am sure of that.
    I'd hope so, at 36 years old with his playstyle, he'd be sent off after 30 minutes anyway.

Seriously. Folk need to have more ambition than Celtics 36 year old sloppy seconds just because he shows some ''pashun''

@hibs.net private member
    I think he would easily be a first team pick at the moment but it is ever decreasing circles in terms of his career. It could work if it was for a season next year and it was to address our lack lustre displays. It might work but he never really managed to do it with a team that should have been winning the league this year so not sure he would be able to do it with us. It is a no for me as I support the plan that is to bring younger players in and grow them to sell on and lift us up another level

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think McGinn’ is more our Chief Scout nowadays
    👍

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'd hope so, at 36 years old with his playstyle, he'd be sent off after 30 minutes anyway.

Seriously. Folk need to have more ambition than Celtics 36 year old sloppy seconds just because he shows some ''pashun''

You were admonishing other posters for not being ‘objective’ on the Doidge thread. Time you took your own advice.

You clearly have a personal issue with Scott Brown for some reason but it doesn’t belong here.

If we were to push the boat out in terms of wages would rather we got in Graeme Shinnie ,if and I guess it is a big if ,he would come.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If it helped us in Europe next season then yes. We need a veteran player in there who has bags of experience playing in European games.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You were admonishing other posters for not being ‘objective’ on the Doidge thread. Time you took your own advice.

You clearly have a personal issue with Scott Brown for some reason but it doesn’t belong here.
    What reason is the to sign him, though? Like, I just don't get it. He's washed up and not the type we've signed for years.

I think the main reason folk want him is because he would shout a bit and has a skin head so he looks like this magical ''leader'' type that we apparently need. I just don't get it at all. We're gonna be playing 3 games a week next season. We need young, hungry fit players. We have plenty of experience already.