hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Livi Ross well

Livi Ross well

Let's be honest 3 games that we have been so slow and ponderous and deservedly lost, why is this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

We didn’t play well

Rome wasn't built in a day. Ross in his first full season is clear in 3rd. Hibs are ALWAYS going to lose sloppy games.

Unfortunately this team does well but then they have performances like this in them far too often. Very worrying as you can’t trust this team in a big game or rely on them to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's be honest 3 games that we have been so slow and ponderous and deservedly lost, why is this?
    It was just 3 bad days at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    It was just 3 bad days at the office.
    Is the problem that we are at an office and not at a football stadium? 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Shall we add St Johnstone to this title List ??

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    It's almost as if we can't consider the other teams putting performances against us. We're not Barcelona (or whoever the appropriate team is these days), we don't just stroll into games and win them all. The league outside the OF is far too tight for that.

If we play poorly, which we will to a fairly regular extent, then we'll end up getting beat. It would be well before my lifetime when that didn't apply to Hibs.

We were on the back of 4 wins on the trot and looking good in 3rd place. As nice as it would be to have just kept on winning it wasn't going to happen. We dust ourselves down and go again against the Saints on Saturday. Doidge hatrick again I think.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    It's almost as if we can't consider the other teams putting performances against us. We're not Barcelona (or whoever the appropriate team is these days), we don't just stroll into games and win them all. The league outside the OF is far too tight for that.

If we play poorly, which we will to a fairly regular extent, then we'll end up getting beat. It would be well before my lifetime when that didn't apply to Hibs.

We were on the back of 4 wins on the trot and looking good in 3rd place. As nice as it would be to have just kept on winning it wasn't going to happen. We dust ourselves down and go again against the Saints on Saturday. Doidge hatrick again I think.
    In a nutshell. If we play well we beat all these sides, if we don’t we lose these games. We won’t play well every week, we will play well a fair chunk of the season and beat these sides more often than not, hence why we are third.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Agree with these comments apart from a Doidge hat trick.I had a funny feeling that we might trip up today.As poor as we were Motherwell got their tactics spot on so fair do to them.We now need to put this performance behind us and look forward to picking up points on the road where we have generally been good this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    These teams have nothing to lose, all to gain, so they play without fear and with drive.

Hibs on the other hand don't have players who are sufficiently motivated to counter that. They don't play for Celtic or Sevco, so don't have the need/expectation of winning every game. If they lose... so what ? Hibs have no expectation of Europe. A top 4 finish ranks as success for Hibs. All they have is the personal drive of the individuals.

@hibs.net private member
    I genuinely think that for our style of play Easter Road is too wide. I think this is part of the reason we play better away from home. If you look at these teams they allow us to play with width and dominate us in the centre of the park. I’m not saying I’m correct in any way shape or form but it’s my feeling that if we cut our width down we’d see a much better display at ER.

I’ve read that we haven’t won back to back home games very often in nearly 2 years. However we play better against teams at home that try and use width The Huns, Celtic this is because we seem to match them, but the teams that don’t use width against us we struggle.

This is why I think hearts beat us twice last season at home and we won at tynie ( smaller width).
    as for teams with the same size pitch as us they normally at home try and have a go at us which allows our style of play to hit on the counter and not in a packed box.

GGTTH
    Last edited by southern hibby; 27-02-2021 at 05:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Shall we add St Johnstone to this title List ??

we can maybe do that this time next saturday, but hopefully the players will have enjoyed their wee rest today