hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doidge

Doidge

Surely time to take a seat on the bench for a few weeks. I like his work rate but he’s never a hibs level striker. Can’t have a number 9 who misses atleast 3 great chances every week

2. Log in to remove the advert

He doesn't miss 3 chances every week, just not true.

Also clearly shown he is a Hibs level striker (notice how he plays every week and Hibs are 3rd)

Having a bad patch of goalscoring form and a really rough day today. Where has Boyle been? Or Nisbet? Or the hero, leader solution to all problems McGregor?

No 1 player to blame for this today, all very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also clearly shown he is a Hibs level striker (notice how he plays every week and Hibs are 3rd)

Having a bad patch of goalscoring form and a really rough day today. Where has Boyle been? Or Nisbet? Or the hero, leader solution to all problems McGregor?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Ball in the 6 yard box fir several seconds but not another Hibs player shows up in support of Doidge. What about our £3m man. Been missing since he came on

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I've never rated him, he was fine when he went on his scoring run, but he's like a man short when he's not scoring in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

For you, this is actually an eloquent post. Well done.

For you, this is actually an eloquent post. Well done.
    You dont deserve to be taken seriously on here. Your posts are an embarrassment then you go greeting to mods about everyone "ganging up on you". A grown man too. You want to defend doidge, fine. But hes been rotten for weeks. And you're constant need to seek attention and dig out a hibs legend whos been fine up until today is pretty sad but predictable.

Doidge needs dropped, 12 games no goals, not good enuf for a striker.Fed up hearing what he gives to the team with his allround game, not good enuf.

12 games no goals. Regardless of what else he is contributing it's time for a stint on the sidelines.

Nisbet has waited patiently and deserves another run now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Who replaces him? Nisbet looks even worse at this point, he is so passive and is obviously struggling with football and maybe normal life as well since losing his dad. We just dont have many options when things don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You dont deserve to be taken seriously on here. Your posts are an embarrassment then you go greeting to mods about everyone "ganging up on you". A grown man too

I have never once greeted to mods about people ''ganging up on me''. No idea why you've quoted that part because no one has ever said it.

Who is embarrassed by my posts? Certainly not myself. I literally just gave my opinion, no idea why you find it so offensive. You are the one embarrassing yourself on this thread so far.

Really couldn't care less if you took me seriously on not. Remember that time you called me a very offensive word then deleted it because you **** it now that was embarrassing.
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 27-02-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar

He’s missed 3 very good chances.
    His job is not to miss those.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I've never rated him, he was fine when he went on his scoring run, but he's like a man short when he's not scoring in my opinion.
    He's been very poor today but think that's pretty harsh.

I can't remember the last centre forward we had that wins as many headers as he does, he usually manages to find hibs players with the flick ons as well. His work rate, movement and link up play are all very good. He's effective as a hard working target man type even when he's not scoring. If he had technical ability and consistent finishing as well he'd be at a much better club than us. Hibs are never gonna have a perfect all round number 9.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Who replaces him? Nisbet looks even worse at this point, he is so passive and is obviously struggling with football and maybe normal life as well since losing his dad. We just dont have many options when things don't work.
    That's rubbish. How can Nisbet look worse? He has been parked on the bench for the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    He’s missed 3 very good chances.
    His job is not to miss those.
    I agree. He's had an absolute mare today. So has everyone else.

I have never once greeted to mods about people ''ganging up on me''. No idea why you've quoted that part because no one has ever said it.

Who is embarrassed by my posts? Certainly not myself. I literally just gave my opinion, no idea why you find it so offensive. You are the one embarrassing yourself on this thread so far.

Really couldn't care less if you took me seriously on not. Remember that time you called me a very offensive word then deleted it because you shat it now that was embarrassing.
    You can't seriously say Doidge recent lack of goals isnt a concern and a spell on the bench may do him some good? Its not just today he hasnt performed well at all

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    A starting striker not scoring for 12 games is a horrendous record. No hiding from it.

Thumbs Up

You can fool some of the people some of the time........ You, Andy74 and Jack Ross have been mugged off. Everybody else knows he utter crap. Just accept it. Oh BTW only took Gullan 2 minutes to bang one in today.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    He's been very poor today but think that's pretty harsh.

I can't remember the last centre forward we had that wins as many headers as he does, he usually manages to find hibs players with the flick ons as well
    . His work rate, movement and link up play are all very good. He's effective as a hard working target man type even when he's not scoring. If he had technical ability and consistent finishing as well he'd be at a much better club than us. Hibs are never gonna have a perfect all round number 9.
    You must be getting players mixed up , as you are not talking about Doidge in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    You can fool some of the people some of the time........ You, Andy74 and Jack Ross have been mugged off. Everybody else knows he utter crap. Just accept it. Oh BTW only took Gullan 2 minutes to bang one in today.
    He’s not crap. He does a very good job up top. He does need a goal though as it must be chipping away at his confidence.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    he just needs a tap-in get on the goal trail again

He is beyond awful.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    Ah yes, the manager who has us 3rd. I'm quite happy to agree with him. Andy another who is capable of actually backing his points up with stats rather than ''hur dur, Doidge is crap''

What does Gullan have to do with it? Doidge is much better than Gullan currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    You can't seriously say Doidge recent lack of goals isnt a cincern and a spell on the bench may do him some good?
    Definitely been poor today. Lack of goals yes but overall play was good before today. Contributed well to us winning tough games. Probably would swap him and Nisbet next week. Does that mean Doidge is suddenly hopeless and has nothing to contribute? Absolutely not.

Agree, I've cut him some slack for his work rate etc. But doesn't look like he's got what we need longer term. I dont think its confidence necessarily either.

A few good points been made here. To me there is no doubt that he deserves to be dropped, right now he honestly looks like a centre half who's been chucked upfront with 5 mins to go.

That being said I have no doubt that when he is dropped, Nisbet will look completely lost up front as he does most weeks. He's another who needs to step it up big time.

I'm starting to worry that his scoring spree last year was a one off, ever since people have been saying he's a streaky player and he'll go on another one, but to be honest ever goal he scored in that streak was a sclaff and anyone who says any different is kidding themselves on haha. I found it funny when he was scoring every week but it's enfuriating now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    A starting striker not scoring for 12 games is a horrendous record. No hiding from it.
    He was praised last week on this very forum as not scoring goals but contributing due to being a ****ing menace and supporting others. Now he is public enemy N01, unreal 😆

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    You must be getting players mixed up , as you are not talking about Doidge in my opinion.
    He has the most arial duals won per game of any player in the league, including centre backs

maybe try actually watching what goes in in games mate

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He’s not crap. He does a very good job up top. He does need a goal though as it must be chipping away at his confidence.
    He puts himself about rumbling up defenders and conceding free kicks which is fair enoug but you could play Darren McGregoror or Porteous in there with more success.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    A few good points been made here. To me there is no doubt that he deserves to be dropped, right now he honestly looks like a centre half who's been chucked upfront with 5 mins to go.

That being said I have no doubt that when he is dropped, Nisbet will look completely lost up front as he does most weeks. He's another who needs to step it up big time.

I'm starting to worry that his scoring spree last year was a one off, ever since people have been saying he's a streaky player and he'll go on another one, but to be honest ever goal he scored in that streak was a sclaff and anyone who says any different is kidding themselves on haha. I found it funny when he was scoring every week but it's enfuriating now.
    A complete lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pkPMrLD9OQ