hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Doidge

Threaded View

@hibs.net private member
    This season he is scoring at a rate of a goal very 4.6 games and an assist ever 6.9.For reference Boyle is a goal every 3.8 and an assist every 3.8 and Nisbet a goal every 2.1 games and an assist every 5.4.

Interesting to read he wins lots of aerial battles, is there any stats on how many he wins going to a Hibs player. I just don't see him being very effective for the team or as a scorer. He doesn't take the ball in very often and is used almost as a battering ram but without someone running off him. He looks devoid of confidence to me, understandably. Quite a few have said how well Doig has been managed but I think Doidge has been played in the hope he scores and he is looking less likely to every week. He needed dropped weeks ago and we now have the unfortunate position where two strikers both look out of touch, out of confidence and seem to have lost the ability to score.

I will say I have to compliment Doidge on continuing to put himself in positions to succeed. Players like Holt and James Collins started to play further and further away from goal to avoid missing. He certainly has the bottle and the knack of getting in the right place(that is the hardest thing to find in a striker) but he needs a spell on the side lines to take the pressure of him.

I don't think he is as good as many on here think but he has shown he can be very useful. His and our biggest issue may be he has no competition for his place.

Hard to believe he played the full 90 today and for me Ross has to have a think about that as he missed another couple of brilliant chances and that will just pile the pressure on
    Last edited by wookie70; 27-02-2021 at 04:48 PM.