hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doidge

Hybrid View

Doidge

Surely time to take a seat on the bench for a few weeks. I like his work rate but he’s never a hibs level striker. Can’t have a number 9 who misses atleast 3 great chances every week

He doesn't miss 3 chances every week, just not true.

Also clearly shown he is a Hibs level striker (notice how he plays every week and Hibs are 3rd)

Having a bad patch of goalscoring form and a really rough day today. Where has Boyle been? Or Nisbet? Or the hero, leader solution to all problems McGregor?

No 1 player to blame for this today, all very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also clearly shown he is a Hibs level striker (notice how he plays every week and Hibs are 3rd)

Having a bad patch of goalscoring form and a really rough day today. Where has Boyle been? Or Nisbet? Or the hero, leader solution to all problems McGregor?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

For you, this is actually an eloquent post. Well done.

For you, this is actually an eloquent post. Well done.
    You dont deserve to be taken seriously on here. Your posts are an embarrassment then you go greeting to mods about everyone "ganging up on you". A grown man too. You want to defend doidge, fine. But hes been rotten for weeks. And you're constant need to seek attention and dig out a hibs legend whos been fine up until today is pretty sad but predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You dont deserve to be taken seriously on here. Your posts are an embarrassment then you go greeting to mods about everyone "ganging up on you". A grown man too

I have never once greeted to mods about people ''ganging up on me''. No idea why you've quoted that part because no one has ever said it.

Who is embarrassed by my posts? Certainly not myself. I literally just gave my opinion, no idea why you find it so offensive. You are the one embarrassing yourself on this thread so far.

Really couldn't care less if you took me seriously on not. Remember that time you called me a very offensive word then deleted it because you **** it now that was embarrassing.
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 27-02-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Doidge needs dropped, 12 games no goals, not good enuf for a striker.Fed up hearing what he gives to the team with his allround game, not good enuf.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Who replaces him? Nisbet looks even worse at this point, he is so passive and is obviously struggling with football and maybe normal life as well since losing his dad. We just dont have many options when things don't work.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I've never rated him, he was fine when he went on his scoring run, but he's like a man short when he's not scoring in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I've never rated him, he was fine when he went on his scoring run, but he's like a man short when he's not scoring in my opinion.
    He's been very poor today but think that's pretty harsh.

I can't remember the last centre forward we had that wins as many headers as he does, he usually manages to find hibs players with the flick ons as well. His work rate, movement and link up play are all very good. He's effective as a hard working target man type even when he's not scoring. If he had technical ability and consistent finishing as well he'd be at a much better club than us. Hibs are never gonna have a perfect all round number 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    He's been very poor today but think that's pretty harsh.

I can't remember the last centre forward we had that wins as many headers as he does, he usually manages to find hibs players with the flick ons as well
    . His work rate, movement and link up play are all very good. He's effective as a hard working target man type even when he's not scoring. If he had technical ability and consistent finishing as well he'd be at a much better club than us. Hibs are never gonna have a perfect all round number 9.
    You must be getting players mixed up , as you are not talking about Doidge in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    he just needs a tap-in get on the goal trail again

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    You must be getting players mixed up , as you are not talking about Doidge in my opinion.
    He has the most arial duals won per game of any player in the league, including centre backs

maybe try actually watching what goes in in games mate

This.

Agree, I've cut him some slack for his work rate etc. But doesn't look like he's got what we need longer term. I dont think its confidence necessarily either.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Same here. He's utter pish.

First Team Breakthrough green.oracle's Avatar
    IMHO too. Afraid he's slower than a week in saughton which doesn't help.

He normally wins his fair share of high balls but didn't today. However, as others have said, he's long overdue a shot on the bench.

Huge disappointment for the supposed fee we paid for him.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green.oracle View Post
    IMHO too. Afraid he's slower than a week in saughton which doesn't help.

He normally wins his fair share of high balls but didn't today. However, as others have said, he's long overdue a shot on the bench.

Huge disappointment for the supposed fee we paid for him.

If he was that slow then he wouldn't have got on to the through ball for his first chance.

Folk having a go at him for missing 2 chances - is it normal that his team mates only presented him with 2 chances the entire match?

Your one of the many that don’t see the all round work he does for the team then

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Your one of the many that don’t see the all round work he does for the team then

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

I am one of that group too. I actually think his strength is getting into positions. If he was as good a finisher as Nisbet he would score 20 every season. He needs to work on his finishing but it looks like it isn't natural to him. Perhaps he would benefit from a sports psychiatrist as if he could scored even 1 in 3 of the guilt edge chances he would be a very good player. As it is knocking the ball on to no-one in particular (trademark Cliff) and committing 4 or 5 fouls a game really isn't enough of a contribution.

You certainly can't fault our midfield and forward thinking players for a lack of chances created.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I am one of that group too. I actually think his strength is getting into positions. If he was as good a finisher as Nisbet he would score 20 every season. He needs to work on his finishing but it looks like it isn't natural to him. Perhaps he would benefit from a sports psychiatrist as if he could scored even 1 in 3 of the guilt edge chances he would be a very good player. As it is knocking the ball on to no-one in particular (trademark Cliff) and committing 4 or 5 fouls a game really isn't enough of a contribution.

You certainly can't fault our midfield and forward thinking players for a lack of chances created.
    I disagree with you and think you undervalue his contributions, but you’ve provided a decent argument with stats to back it up so credit for that, it makes a change from some of the posts. His best attribute IS getting into positions, an underrated quality and it’s why he’s scored a decent amount of goals for us. He gets into positions that others don’t. If you listen to him he’s clearly picked up some of his positional nous from basketball, he’s said that himself.

He’s clearly going to be disappointed he hasn’t scored that late chance, I tend to agree a spell on the bench wouldn’t be the worst thing for him.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post

Sorry but I think you can.

Doidge is getting stick for missing 2 chances. Surely at home to Motherwell the team should have created more than 2 chances for him?

As for the midfield, Murphy needs to become more consistent. Apart from a 5 minute spell he was anonymous today

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    This,

Hes never a striker a million years, a good few of the goals he has scored for us are pure luck, ball hittin of him etc. Lacks coordination and composure at crucial times way to often for my liking

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar

He’s missed 3 very good chances.
    His job is not to miss those.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    I agree. He's had an absolute mare today. So has everyone else.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    When he was sliding through the angle was tight and he struck it well but goalie made a great save. A top sticker might have been more subtle and bent round and under the goalie.

Second one he was to close to the goalie when he got the ball and easy
    to close down.

His hold up play and work off the ball has been great but not so yesterday.

Thumbs Up

You can fool some of the people some of the time........ You, Andy74 and Jack Ross have been mugged off. Everybody else knows he utter crap. Just accept it. Oh BTW only took Gullan 2 minutes to bang one in today.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    You can fool some of the people some of the time........ You, Andy74 and Jack Ross have been mugged off. Everybody else knows he utter crap. Just accept it. Oh BTW only took Gullan 2 minutes to bang one in today.
    He’s not crap. He does a very good job up top. He does need a goal though as it must be chipping away at his confidence.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He’s not crap. He does a very good job up top. He does need a goal though as it must be chipping away at his confidence.
    He puts himself about rumbling up defenders and conceding free kicks which is fair enoug but you could play Darren McGregoror or Porteous in there with more success.