hibs.net Messageboard

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course. But when we seem to be developing a habit of these type of performances then we need to work on it before the game starts. For the great position we find ourselves in we seem to have developed a bit of a habit of throwing in fairly frequent abominations.
    We clearly have a good squad in relative terms to the rest of the league, and when we've had similar good squads before 7 or 8 times out of 10 we would get run of the mill league games at home won against the lesser sides effectively won in the first 30 mins or first half. Winning convincingly against these teams. That's where we want to get to, as for whatever reason the home record isn't great. Combine that with our away form and we'd be doing really well.

I do agree it's tiring and not always relevant criticising the manager. Do the players need to have more of a stronger mentality as Jack Ross has mentioned they need to realise how good they are?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    The unforgivable thing isn’t getting beat, we’re hibs there’s no one here thinking we’ll win every game, what is unforgivable for me anyway is how we are consistently out worked by teams, Motherwell livi ross county st.j all recent examples of teams working hard for each other and playing to a high tempo making us look rank rotten.

I’m sure the manager isn’t sending the team out to be playing that slowly at least I hope he’s not so why is it happening so much
    So much? Its happening a lot less than most Hibs managers for the last 50 years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    So much? Its happening a lot less than most Hibs managers for the last 50 years.
    Aye ok we’re having a good season so yesterday RC, Livi, St.J those performances don’t matter?

We where 12 points behind Celtic at one point there’s 9 points from
    3 home games that we should have banked a good season could have been a lot better eh

Aye ok we’re having a good season so yesterday RC, Livi, St.J those performances don’t matter?

We where 12 points behind Celtic at one point there’s 9 points from
    3 home games that we should have banked a good season could have been a lot better eh
    No, I never that that.

Obviously we should've won them but maybe we shouldn't have won a few other games. In this season, with no fans, and our managers first full year, saying we ''should'' win games is based purely on size of clubs etc and not too much logic. Celtic have no doubt dropped many points they should've got as well. Mentioning us finishing 2nd is just silly, massive expectation and no something that should be held against the side in any way.

This league season has been really positive. The team don't need ''if you won this or that game'' patter right now. They need full support to achieve European groupstages, something with the potentially to massively move the club forward.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No, I never that that.

Obviously we should've won them but maybe we shouldn't have won a few other games. In this season, with no fans, and our managers first full year, saying we ''should'' win games is based purely on size of clubs etc and not too much logic. Celtic have no doubt dropped many points they should've got as well. Mentioning us finishing 2nd is just silly, massive expectation and no something that should be held against the side in any way.

This league season has been really positive. The team don't need ''if you won this or that game'' patter right now. They need full support to achieve European groupstages, something with the potentially to massively move the club forward.
    I never said anything about finishing 2nd what I did say was beating teams below us in the league at home would have made a good season better, finishing 2nd would be silly but as a fan even a few weeks of hibs putting pressure on Celtic would have been great wouldn’t it.

Again I don’t expect to win them all, but I don’t expect to turn up and see us out worked and out fought by teams below us as consistent as it’s becoming, how can we expect to make group stages of EL if we cant adjust to a tempo of a game?

I never said anything about finishing 2nd what I did say was beating teams below us in the league at home would have made a good season better, finishing 2nd would be silly but as a fan even a few weeks of hibs putting pressure on Celtic would have been great wouldn’t it.

Again I don’t expect to win them all, but I don’t expect to turn up and see us out worked and out fought by teams below us as consistent as it’s becoming, how can we expect to make group stages of EL if we cant adjust to a tempo of a game?
    Its not becoming consistent. Since our promotion Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Ross County, St Mirren and Livi have a combined 4 wins at Easter Road. 3 of them during this dreadfully unpredictable season in which we have away form better than most title winners over the last 20 years.

Im reading this thread and it boils down to, sometimes you lose some games. How many games you lose depends on how good you are. We're better than we've been for a long time, but we dont win every game. There are lots of factors as to why we lose some games. Some people get angrier than other people when we lose games. Thats basically it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Im reading this thread and it boils down to, sometimes you lose some games. How many games you lose depends on how good you are. We're better than we've been for a long time, but we dont win every game. There are lots of factors as to why we lose some games. Some people get angrier than other people when we lose games. Thats basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Accepted but losing 0-2, 0-3 at home to struggling teams is not normal even for Hibs and that's maybe why folk are getting a tad fractious. Every game feels like a lottery, whether it's Celtic or Hamilton at the moment and it has more to do with Hibs attitude than the opposition. This season especially, we seem to be winning games we expect to draw or lose and losing games we should be winning.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Accepted but losing 0-2, 0-3 at home to struggling teams is not normal even for Hibs and that's maybe why folk are getting a tad fractious. Every game feels like a lottery, whether it's Celtic or Hamilton at the moment and it has more to do with Hibs attitude than the opposition. This season especially, we seem to be winning games we expect to draw or lose and losing games we should be winning.
    I disagree, this season we are just winning more games than we normally do, which give some folk more hope than they should realistically have.

So when we do lose a game, it's a disaster of horrendous proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Now the stats where teams specifically lose the first goal rather than just go behind at any time in a match;

Aberdeen

W - 2
    D - 0
    L - 9

Celtic

W - 3
    D - 4
    L - 4

Dundee Utd

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 11

Hamilton

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 15

Hibs

W - 0
    D - 2
    L - 8

Kilmarnock

W - 1
    D - 3
    L - 17

Livingston

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 8

Motherwell

W - 1
    D - 0
    L - 14

Rangers

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 0

Ross County

W - 1
    D - 1
    L - 16

St Johnstone

W - 2
    D - 4
    L - 10

St Mirren

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 10
    That’s the key stat for me. That’s why I start to tidy the messy cupboard or rearrange my sock drawer when we lose the first goal. This will be a big factor in the perception of Jack Ross by a number of fans who see him as not turning up for big games. It’s not that we don’t turn up, as we have had a good points return, it’s that we may as well stick on the hollyoaks omnibus if we lose the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    That’s the key stat for me. That’s why I start to tidy the messy cupboard or rearrange my sock drawer when we lose the first goal. This will be a big factor in the perception of Jack Ross by a number of fans who see him as not turning up for big games. It’s not that we don’t turn up, as we have had a good points return, it’s that we may as well stick on the hollyoaks omnibus if we lose the first goal.
    And if we score the first goal you can do all the same things as it’s a given that we will go on to win the game. My house is going to be spotless every Saturday now 😂

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    has anyone worked out as to why we're not great at ER some blame the pitch, same for both teams i say, when we're away the home side is obliged to attack more but that's twice this season Motherwell have been the better side at Easter Road imo, Hamilton last game up until going down to ten, looked the better side, indeed even with only 10 they impressed me, so what is wrong with some of our home performances, tactics, or what

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    has anyone worked out as to why we're not great at ER some blame the pitch, same for both teams i say, when we're away the home side is obliged to attack more but that's twice this season Motherwell have been the better side at Easter Road imo, Hamilton last game up until going down to ten, looked the better side, indeed even with only 10 they impressed me, so what is wrong with some of our home performances, tactics, or what
    Well its obviously not the fans at fault as so many on here were quick to rush too for years with their "toxic support" pish. Actually think the players miss the fans. They give them a kick up the arse when needed but can also spur the team on when they see something to get behind and encourage.

Its probably because we dont know how to break teams down when we have most of the ball. We are far more suited to counter attacking with the players we have. We really need scott allan up to speed and starting games as players like him can be the difference with his vision and passing ability when at Easter Road. We also seriously lack a plan B. Plan A seems to be get the ball outwide and hope for the best. But as soon as teams double up on the wings we look completely lost.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by we are hibs; 28-02-2021 at 06:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Well its obviously not the fans at fault as so many on here were quick to rush too for years with their "toxic support" pish. Actually think the players miss the fans. They give them a kick up the arse when needed but can also spur the team on when they see something to get behind and encourage.

Its probably because we dont know how to break teams down when we have most of the ball. We are far more suited to counter attacking with the players we have. We really need scott allan up to speed and starting games as players like him can be the difference with his vision and passing ability when at Easter Road. We also seriously lack a plan B. Plan A seems to be get the ball outwide and hope for the best. But as soon as teams double up on the wings we look completely lost.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fair enough but does that mean changing our tactics at home then, normally when a team sticks a couple of players on one player it should mean space available elsewhere, i do agree with the lack of plan B, i have a funny feeling if we start winning at home next season it will probably mean our away form will revert back to type, this seasons away form/tactics/whatever has been exceptional, if only we had picked up more points at home as well :(

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    And if we score the first goal you can do all the same things as it’s a given that we will go on to win the game. My house is going to be spotless every Saturday now 😂
    After scoring the first goal;

Aberdeen

W - 11
    D - 3
    L - 0

Celtic

W - 17
    D - 2
    L - 0

Dundee Utd

W - 6
    D - 4