hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Today shows how much we rely on Martin Boyle. His first 2 dribbles took him straight into the Motherwell defender and after that he struggled. For some players today just giving it to Boyle was too easy an option.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the points in my post cover my doubts.
    But we’re third?

Anyway welcome back, nice to see you again after you so kindly ****ed off for February.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Not a whole lot of difference then other than 2 defeats when leading? Out of curiosity who were they against? And how many have we won after leading?
    At Ibrox and Pittodrie last season - probably some mitigating circumstances for both to be fair since one was against Rangers and the other one at Pittodrie was after we went down to 10 men.

We have gone on to win 17 of the 23 league games in this period where we have had the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    At Ibrox and Pittodrie last season - probably some mitigating circumstances for both to be fair since one was against Rangers and the other one at Pittodrie was after we went down to 10 men.

We have gone on to win 17 of the 23 league games in this period where we have had the lead.
    Just worked out our stats when scoring first this season 15 wins and 3 draws. It’s a reason I wouldn’t use the ‘not turning losing the first goal into a win’ as a stick to beat Ross with, no team seems to do so.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Just worked out our stats when scoring first this season 15 wins and 3 draws. It’s a reason I wouldn’t use the ‘not turning losing the first goal into a win’ as a stick to beat Ross with, no team seems to do so.
    Sure Stephen Robinson said the same just before he left Motherwell, think it was something like 90% of teams will go on to win/draw in this league if they take the lead. I have no idea how true that is and do not have the patience to properly look into it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    67% possession today, really surprised it was that high

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    67% possession today, really surprised it was that high
    In the second half when they were 2 0 Uo they were content to let us have possession as they seemed to be able to contain us with ease primarily by putting two sometime three guy on Boyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Jack Ross but he never manages to change a game. Been proved ,unfortunately many times.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    I like Jack Ross but he never manages to change a game. Been proved ,unfortunately many times.
    Never? There's been a few times that he's changed things for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Never? There's been a few times that he's changed things for the better.
    There seemed to be more instances last season but I feel like we’re beaten every time we go behind.

It just seems to be the way his teams play - get in front and they normally have just about enough to stay there, go behind and it’s a struggle to find a way back into the game as it becomes a bit desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There seemed to be more instances last season but I feel like we’re beaten every time we go behind.

It just seems to be the way his teams play - get in front and they normally have just about enough to stay there, go behind and it’s a struggle to find a way back into the game as it becomes a bit desperate.
    That’s a decent observation. I honk that’s what people find most frustrating with this team. We seem to lack a bit of bouncebackability when we go behind.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    That’s a decent observation. I honk that’s what people find most frustrating with this team. We seem to lack a bit of bouncebackability when we go behind.
    Beep beep?

Not a wind up. But on the other hand are lifelong Hibs fans not allowed to be dissapointed by stats posted on this thread and stats that have been discussed at length on other threads.

Tomorrow St Johnstone can become Scotland's 2nd most successful club since 2010 by doing the cup double and being the only other club to win 2 or more major trophies. That's remarkable.

The stats about when Hibs go behind are eye opening as look at the game last week when the three points were handed on a plate. It just seems that we can't grind a result out and when we go behind forget it.

Trends suggest that we need to pick up points before the top 6 as we all know our record against top 6 sides whoever they may be. Looking like Old Firm at Home and Aberdeen at Pittodrie.
    Great post. Spot on

Beep beep?
    Haha. I wondered what you were on about then realised that I had goosed my post up.

It's a wee bit different from the measurement I was using which was "going behind at any time".

I've had a look at the other teams this season when they have gone behind in a game and I believe it's;

Aberdeen;

W - 2
    D - 1
    L - 9

Celtic;

W - 3
    D - 4
    L - 4

Dundee Utd;

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 12

Hamilton

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 17

Kilmarnock

W - 1
    D - 3
    L - 20

Livingston

W - 2
    D - 3
    L - 11

Motherwell

W - 1
    D - 0
    L - 15

Rangers

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 0

Ross County

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 18

St Johnstone

W - 2
    D - 4
    L - 13

St Mirren

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 12

It's a wee bit different from the measurement I was using which was "going behind at any time".

I've had a look at the other teams this season when they have gone behind in a game and I believe it's;

Aberdeen;

W - 2
    D - 1
    L - 9

Celtic;

W - 3
    D - 4
    L - 4

Dundee Utd;

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 12

Hamilton

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 17

Kilmarnock

W - 1
    D - 3
    L - 20

Livingston

W - 2
    D - 3
    L - 11

Motherwell

W - 1
    D - 0
    L - 15

Rangers

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 0

Ross County

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 18

St Johnstone

W - 2
    D - 4
    L - 13

St Mirren

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 12
    No sure if I want us to go behind a few more times so we can get that win on the board or hope we go in front in the rest of our games to avoid that issue 😂 but yeah, the 90% that someone quoted Robinson on earlier seems fairly accurate.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Sorry but you are an absolute slaver, why embarrass yourself so much on a public forum ? No wonder you are ridiculed by so many on here 😆
    No need! As you say its a public forum. The guy has opinions, sometimes overly negative, many times spot on. I'm sure he's not embarrassed.
    If this place was full of overt positivity after every crap performance that would be embarrassing.

If we don’t score first we are toast. Horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aberdeen;

W - 2
    D - 1
    L - 9

Celtic;

W - 3
    D - 4
    L - 4

Dundee Utd;

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 12

Hamilton

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 17

Kilmarnock

W - 1
    D - 3
    L - 20

Livingston

W - 2
    D - 3
    L - 11

Motherwell

W - 1
    D - 0
    L - 15

Rangers

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 0

Ross County

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 18

St Johnstone

W - 2
    D - 4
    L - 13

St Mirren

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 12
    That’s eye opening and a bit of an indictment of our sport. I wonder it home teams are now less likely to make a comeback with fans being absent from stadia.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    No need! As you say its a public forum. The guy has opinions, sometimes overly negative, many times spot on. I'm sure he's not embarrassed.
    If this place was full of overt positivity after every crap performance that would be embarrassing.
    Yes, correct, Ive removed my post, still no need for the Jack Dross crap though, a bit immature and just a cheap shot, yes the performance was a shocker yesterday but the players played the biggest part of that

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Yes, correct, Ive removed my post, still no need for the Jack Dross crap though, a bit immature and just a cheap shot, yes the performance was a shocker yesterday but the players played the biggest part of that
    Indeed, it can all get a bit silly can't it.
    Big of you to remove the post. We are all Hibs despite our varying take on games/players. Some get way more frustrated than others and that's OK 🙏🏻

I wish Cliff would just commentate and keep his words of wisdom to himself. He's doing my nut in.

If I was sitting next to him I'd move.
    Try listening to him on radio commentary it's chronic. Jock Brown does the Motherwell tv, it's like night and day to ours.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm curious now, so we are not allowed to criticise the manager?
    You can criticise all you want (and you do)..Calling him names is just a bit infantile though and does nothing but detract from other points you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    As dissapointing as it is, like countless other games in our history we'll consign this one to the bin, dust ourselves off and go again. It happens.
    Spot on mate, some will find it another unforgivable defeat though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Spot on mate, some will find it another unforgivable defeat though
    The unforgivable thing isn’t getting beat, we’re hibs there’s no one here thinking we’ll win every game, what is unforgivable for me anyway is how we are consistently out worked by teams, Motherwell livi ross county st.j all recent examples of teams working hard for each other and playing to a high tempo making us look rank rotten.

I’m sure the manager isn’t sending the team out to be playing that slowly at least I hope he’s not so why is it happening so much

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    The unforgivable thing isn’t getting beat, we’re hibs there’s no one here thinking we’ll win every game, what is unforgivable for me anyway is how we are consistently out worked by teams, Motherwell livi ross county st.j all recent examples of teams working hard for each other and playing to a high tempo making us look rank rotten.

I’m sure the manager isn’t sending the team out to be playing that slowly at least I hope he’s not so why is it happening so much
    I'm certain Jack is raging at the soft goals we concede, and the sitters being missed, there's only so much he can do once the game starts. I have complete confidence in Jack as manager to sort it out.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I'm certain Jack is raging at the soft goals we concede, and the sitters being missed, there's only so much he can do once the game starts. I have complete confidence in Jack as manager to sort it out.
    Of course. But when we seem to be developing a habit of these type of performances then we need to work on it before the game starts. For the great position we find ourselves in we seem to have developed a bit of a habit of throwing in fairly frequent abominations.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    That’s eye opening and a bit of an indictment of our sport. I wonder it home teams are now less likely to make a comeback with fans being absent from stadia.
    Now the stats where teams specifically lose the first goal rather than just go behind at any time in a match;

Aberdeen

W - 2
    D - 0
    L - 9

Celtic

W - 3
    D - 4
    L - 4

Dundee Utd

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 11

Hamilton

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 15

Hibs

W - 0
    D - 2
    L - 8

Kilmarnock

W - 1
    D - 3
    L - 17

Livingston

W - 2
    D - 2
    L - 8

Motherwell

W - 1
    D - 0
    L - 14

Rangers

W - 1
    D - 2
    L - 0

Ross County

W - 1
    D - 1
    L - 16

St Johnstone

W - 2
    D - 4
    L - 10

St Mirren

W - 1
    D - 4
    L - 10

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Of course. But when we seem to be developing a habit of these type of performances then we need to work on it before the game starts. For the great position we find ourselves in we seem to have developed a bit of a habit of throwing in fairly frequent abominations.
    I didn't see yesterday's game and by some accounts we weren't as awful as we were in the Ross County and Livi home defeats, but you're right about the way we seem to drop in these sort of dire results too regularly. It's as though you sense the players feel that four wins on the bounce is enough to have made up for the previous bad run and that they can down tools again. While I like Jack Ross and think that overall he's doing a good job I rarely feel I can adopt a confident mentality about this Hibs team.

I do wonder how big an impact the lack of crowds has had in terms of negating home advantage, but by and large we'll would suffer at most a couple of dismal home defeats to clubs well below us in the table during normal times. This season you just feel we could slip up to anyone. Strangely enough the one game I felt confident about of late was the win over Aberdeen, on paper a far tougher challenge than yesterday's.

What's the issue? Tactics? Mentality? I've asked it before, but why is that when we slip up the whole team appears to suffer a collective off-day? I don't expect footballers to play at the top of their game every week but you'd think that, bearing in mind we're good enough to be sitting in third place after nearly 30 games, if a couple of players were off form then the rest would be able to shoulder the responsibility of securing three points against we should be beating.

All very frustrating. Even drawing those County, Livi and Motherwell home games would have ensured we were sitting a lot more comfortably.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I didn't see yesterday's game and by some accounts we weren't as awful as we were in the Ross County and Livi home defeats, but you're right about the way we seem to drop in these sort of dire results too regularly. It's as though you sense the players feel that four wins on the bounce is enough to have made up for the previous bad run and that they can down tools again. While I like Jack Ross and think that overall he's doing a good job I rarely feel I can adopt a confident mentality about this Hibs team.

I do wonder how big an impact the lack of crowds has had in terms of negating home advantage, but by and large we'll would suffer at most a couple of dismal home defeats to clubs well below us in the table during normal times. This season you just feel we could slip up to anyone. Strangely enough the one game I felt confident about of late was the win over Aberdeen, on paper a far tougher challenge than yesterday's.

What's the issue? Tactics? Mentality? I've asked it before, but why is that when we slip up the whole team appears to suffer a collective off-day? I don't expect footballers to play at the top of their game every week but you'd think that, bearing in mind we're good enough to be sitting in third place after nearly 30 games, if a couple of players were off form then the rest would be able to shoulder the responsibility of securing three points against we should be beating.

All very frustrating. Even drawing those County, Livi and Motherwell home games would have ensured we were sitting a lot more comfortably.
    Yesterday’s game was over on 46mins it didn’t look as awful because we where casing the game for so long but those 46mins Motherwell blitzed is let’s not make excuses, over ran us completely and the warning signs where there a good 10mins before the first goal was scored but the team didn’t seem to try and match that, I’m not blaming JR for me he put out a better team than Motherwell my gripe is why the players in hibs shirts don’t step it up in times like this, the ross county game we where harried and hunted forced into mistakes but we still tried to Labour about the ball was slow moving etc etc why? Paul Hanlon a few times in the first half yesterday made some decent dribbles out tight spaces of 3/4 Motherwell players hounding him how come neither of those times did we exploit any gaps in their team, too many times it comes across as teams wanting the points more than we do it’s ridiculous