hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit sunday league is it not
    If Joma were to produce a Hibs kit on a par with their Atalanta kits then you would be changing your opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    If Joma were to produce a Hibs kit on a par with their Atalanta kits then you would be changing your opinion.
    Atalanta Home, Away & 3rd kit

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Atalanta Home, Away & 3rd kit

The bottom two are dreadful IMO

I don't mind who it is, in reality any manufacturer should be more than capable of making a cracking Hibs kit.

Not saying they definitely will, Macron had 1 or 2 id class as 'good' but nothing more.

I thought we had macron for one more year. Looking forward to what the new supplier has lined up. I know what of the sales guys. I’ll ask about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I don't mind who it is, in reality any manufacturer should be more than capable of making a cracking Hibs kit.

Not saying they definitely will, Macron had 1 or 2 id class as 'good' but nothing more.
    I always think a Hibs home top should be about the easiest thing in the world to design but so many have managed to get it wrong over the years.

Green body, white sleeves (but not shoulders), white and only white shorts and green socks with a white turnover. Add a couple of touches but don't try to reinvent the wheel. Macron have been awful for adding 1 or 2 elements too many to every kit they have done for us. It designs itself if you keep it simple.

Do what you like with the away and goalkeeper kits but just don't **** with the home kit.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The Joma Finn Harps kits have been reasonably simple for the most part, but more good kits than bad.

Personally I'm more interested in the training gear as that's what I'll wear more often and while I'd prefer Joma to Macron there are probably better out there.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The bottom two are dreadful IMO
    Top is nice, middle is interesting, wouldn’t mind it. Bottom is terrible. Collar is a disgrace.

J

Feel like Alan Partridge when Lynn tries to palm him off with a Mini Metro. I'm not wearing Joma, I'm not wearing Joma, I'm not wearing Joma...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I always think a Hibs home top should be about the easiest thing in the world to design but so many have managed to get it wrong over the years.

Green body, white sleeves (but not shoulders), white and only white shorts and green socks with a white turnover. Add a couple of touches but don't try to reinvent the wheel. Macron have been awful for adding 1 or 2 elements too many to every kit they have done for us. It designs itself if you keep it simple.

Do what you like with the away and goalkeeper kits but just don't **** with the home kit.

The 'couple of touches' is the hard bit!

I'm not precious about who it is.

The only two important things are that Hibs get a fruitful deal and people buy it so we get sales. If it looks good, I don't think people will care and I like the idea of going with a smaller supplier.

(Still have a desire to see a Hibs Adidas strip at one point on my life, just because I've always liked them, Superstars, mostly)

Toulouse FC home and away kit

FC Leganes Away kit

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I'm not seeing anything in those Joma kits that get me overly excited unfortunately. I've been a fan of the macron kits though so it's likely a personal taste issue.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Joma seem to have a range made from fabric that’s recycled plastic. Wonder if this is a factor in us choosing them to fit in with our “greenest club in football” ethos

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Joma seem to have a range made from fabric that’s recycled plastic. Wonder if this is a factor in us choosing them to fit in with our “greenest club in football” ethos
    MJ you could be onto something with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Personally I’d rather have Joma than some council Nike/ Adidas 3rd party ‘deal’ through a sports shop
    Last edited by .Sean.; 24-04-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theScientist View Post
    100% Joma for next season
    Disappointing.... it’s taken 3 years or so for folk to come round to Macron and I think this isn’t step back from a fans POV.

We’d be better staying with macron IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Personally I’d rather have Jim’s than some council Nike/ Adidas 3rd party ‘deal’ through a sports shop
    Definitely.

The argument for Adidas always seems to be based on a belief that we would get a huge range of bespoke Originals merchandise and leisure wear. No chance, we'd get the same catalogue efforts Aberdeen churn out every season. We aren't getting anything comparable to Man Utd or Bayern Munich, largely because we aren't getting a deal directly with Adidas for the bulk of the stuff the clubstore will sell.

I'm not particularly sold on Joma based on the kits posted on this thread but I don't have any fascination with Nike and Adidas either. I'd rather work with someone like Macron or Joma who will give us some input into our kit and merch design than see us have to try to make up a nonsense story to fit a template like the 2012 Puma and 2015 Nike efforts.

@hibs.net private member
    Based on the away description and the fact it looks like Joma are then manufacturer this could be the base for our away kit.

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-...45.550?tid=147

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Regardless of who makes it we’ll always have nice kits, but for me it’s important to have a good range of training/leisurewear that would appeal to a large chunk of the support who don’t wear replica kit, but would wear polo shirts, quarter zip tops etc.

Pains me to say it but Hearts have a really good range of Umbro gear, and we could do a lot worse than see them as our suppliers.

Ultimately though, it’s not something that has me lying awake at night worrying about, so whatever deal Hibs can get that they feel is most attractive then that’ll do.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Definitely.

The argument for Adidas always seems to be based on a belief that we would get a huge range of bespoke Originals merchandise and leisure wear. No chance, we'd get the same catalogue efforts Aberdeen churn out every season. We aren't getting anything comparable to Man Utd or Bayern Munich, largely because we aren't getting a deal directly with Adidas for the bulk of the stuff the clubstore will sell.

I'm not particularly sold on Joma based on the kits posted on this thread but I don't have any fascination with Nike and Adidas either. I'd rather work with someone like Macron or Joma who will give us some input into our kit and merch design than see us have to try to make up a nonsense story to fit a template like the 2012 Puma and 2015 Nike efforts.
    Two stinking efforts - Puma said the 2011/2012 kit was to recognise the old slope - proved nonsense as it was a template Spurs used the season before. Probably my least favourite kit of all time. As for the crap that Nike came out with the all green bottle green top of 14/15 - apparently to represent the kit we wore during the years the F5 were born, it was such a catalogue template we couldn’t even get it with white sleeves
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Two stinking efforts - Puma said the 2011/2012 kit was to recognise the old slope - proved nonsense as it was a template Spurs used the season before. Probably my least favourite kit of all time. As for the crap that Nike came out with the all green bottle green top of 14/15 - apparently to represent the kit we wore during the years the F5 were born, it was such a catalogue template we couldn’t even get it with white sleeves
    Those two strips are my least favourite ever, the all green with the massive tacky Marathonbet transfer on the front was horrible - marginally better in person but rank compared to other years.

The slope one, along with being synonymous with the 2012 cup final, was brutal as well.

I would say since 2016 we’ve not had a bad strip, in fact the 2016 Nike kit was brilliant, and the very first Macron strip was stunning, one of my all time favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Its brand snobbery. Absolutely rife on the new kit threads over the past few years. Bit of ignorance involved too. “Pub league” indeed 😂

@hibs.net private member
    I base my opinion on the team wear for any manufacturer, as most clubs will get a kit based on one of their templates, with some potential bespoke features added.

I’ve never been keen on Joma as a brand and neither Adidas nor Nike get my juices flowing. Macron have been getting better and better so it would be a shame to take a step backwards in my opinion.

If I could choose a manufacturer I would go for Puma currently as I think their unique catalogue of kits has been impressive, and very on trend for replica kits.

Don’t get me wrong Joma could do a macron, but I just don’t see it... they’re not tearing up trees anywhere with their current offerings.

Bit sunday league is it not
    Agree and I always think Joma are an outfit for lower leagues. I've been impressed with Macron designs which have been fairly classic so would be happy to stay with them. Their only problem is with sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Its brand snobbery. Absolutely rife on the new kit threads over the past few years. Bit of ignorance involved too. “Pub league” indeed 😂
    Not at all, just based on designs and appearance of our own strips, and Joma do have a bargain basement appearance. Generally speaking Adidas, Nike and Macron have decent designs and an 'appeal' which Joma don't.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Pub league 🤔?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Not at all, just based on designs and appearance of our own strips, and Joma do have a bargain basement appearance. Generally speaking Adidas, Nike and Macron have decent designs and an 'appeal' which Joma don't.
    Adidas offerings lately have been pretty poor imo. I have a lot of Adidas gear from back in the day and still buy stuff from the Originals range. Their teamwear now is poor and look at what the likes of Aberdeen get served up. Nike didn’t really do us any favours with us a few years back other than give us the now iconic cup winning strip. The other strips provided were pretty naff. I like the Macron kits. Would be happy continuing with them but if not, more than happy to see what a new partnership brings.

Pub league 🤔?
    Sorry thought someone mentioned pub league but it was maybe your Sunday league quote 😊