hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would put money on it being under armour

I’m not sure I would, they’re currently pulling out of many of their shirt deals with multiple sports, negotiating with the teams (and sports in some cases) to leave the deal early

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've heard Joma, disappointing as I think macron is becoming a more mainstream brand. I think of Joma as providers of cheap rubbish, but let's see what comes

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I've heard Joma, disappointing as I think macron is becoming a more mainstream brand. I think of Joma as providers of cheap rubbish, but let's see what comes
    id agree with cheap but not rubbish. Always found the strips used for kids football wore well but I think that’s part of the issue being associated with kids football causing a bit of kit snobbery (not you).

I'm not a replica kit wearer so no real issue for me. They were good enough for Honduras in the World Cup.

macron is crap and has been crap all the way through.

that hideous diamond thing should have seen the contract ripped up there and then.

this year's effort is miles better but I don't trust them to produce a Hibs kit now.

move onto someone else and let macron stick to rugby.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Watching the Hearts game the other night I thought ICT had quite a smart strip. They have been with Errea for years and I would say they consistently had the worst kit in the league when in the Premiership. They are now with Puma and the design was sharp and simple. Their away kit is from the same template as the Man City goalkeeper strip but it's smart too, not for everyone of course but a bit different and a coherent design.

I'm always wary of the smaller brands because they always seem to want to add 1 or 2 additional design elements that are unnecessary. Macron have habitually done this with Hibs strips yet bizarrely they seem to produce really clean and simple kits for the Italian rugby team.

I wouldn't really have an issue with a template design as long as it was a good template. I think with Adidas people envisage the trefoil logo, 3 stripes on the sleeves and a huge range of retro wear recalling the late 80s/early 90s. In reality we would get a deal through a 3rd party and similar shoddy designs to what Aberdeen churn out every year. The leisure wear would be generic stuff with a Hibs badge stuck on it and an extra £15 added onto the price for the privilege.

The point I am trying to make is there are pros and cons with either option. I suppose it the boils down to Hibs getting the best deal for the club.

I've liked the majority of Macron's efforts, diamond home kit and current away kit aside. I think there's been a good deal of variety and originality in there, with each season feeling rather distinct and unique. The sizing is an issue, but ultimately the kits are for athletes first and foremost. The home and away they produced in their first year with us are two of my favourite kits of all time.

I thought last season's were really nice too, but the team's performances under Hecky and the subsequent early ending of the season probably skewered how we'll remember them a bit.

Unless they're paying us significantly more than anyone else, I just hope it's not Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    macron is crap and has been crap all the way through.

that hideous diamond thing should have seen the contract ripped up there and then.

this year's effort is miles better but I don't trust them to produce a Hibs kit now.

move onto someone else and let macron stick to rugby.

But how crap? Moan all you like but the diamond ‘thing’ must have been signed off by someone at the club, if you don’t like it take it up with the club not macron.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I've liked the majority of Macron's efforts, diamond home kit and current away kit aside. I think there's been a good deal of variety and originality in there, with each season feeling rather distinct and unique. The sizing is an issue, but ultimately the kits are for athletes first and foremost. The home and away they produced in their first year with us are two of my favourite kits of all time.

I thought last season's were really nice too, but the team's performances under Hecky and the subsequent early ending of the season probably skewered how we'll remember them a bit.

Unless they're paying us significantly more than anyone else, I just hope it's not Nike.
    I wouldnt agree entirely with that. As a kit its just a tee shirt, shorts and socks. I'd argue the number one remit of a kit is commercial and will it sell. Hence we see so many games with teams playing alternative strips even without a colour clash, kits have to be worn and seen to sell. Its all commercial.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    I don’t see the fascination with Adidas. A template is all we will get.
    A template that will look completely different to anybody else because of our colours.

If we were Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston then I’d get why a template might be a bit crap but when you’ve got such a unique colour way like ours then they’re always going to look miles different to other teams.

Adidas for me

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    A template that will look completely different to anybody else because of our colours.

If we were Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston then I’d get why a template might be a bit crap but when you’ve got such a unique colour way like ours then they’re always going to look miles different to other teams.

Adidas for me
    Have to disagree the amount of clubs using tje adidas template this season and producing horrendous kits, Aberdeen, Fulham, Sheffield utd.

This is the template we'd get

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I wouldnt agree entirely with that. As a kit its just a tee shirt, shorts and socks. I'd argue the number one remit of a kit is commercial and will it sell. Hence we see so many games with teams playing alternative strips even without a colour clash, kits have to be worn and seen to sell. Its all commercial.
    I always like home strips to be traditional with not much variation, with away strips however do what the f you want to maximise sales.

the OP you quoted talked about a sizing issue with Macron, there’s only a sizing issue if the sizing between top of the same brand varies. I’m normally an xl but in Macron I’m a 3xl that to me isn’t a sizing issue.

as a slight aside watching Palace on the box now their home top is a great mixture of the traditional of blue and red but a modern design with the blue shoulders with the stripes coming to a point. Their away strip on the other hand is a thing of beauty, if I was a palace supporter I’d be throwing money at it.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    I always like home strips to be traditional with not much variation, with away strips however do what the f you want to maximise sales.

the OP you quoted talked about a sizing issue with Macron, there’s only a sizing issue if the sizing between top of the same brand varies. I’m normally an xl but in Macron I’m a 3xl that to me isn’t a sizing issue.

as a slight aside watching Palace on the box now their home top is a great mixture of the traditional of blue and red but a modern design with the blue shoulders with the stripes coming to a point. Their away strip on the other hand is a thing of beauty, if I was a palace supporter I’d be throwing money at it.
    I think a home strip has to be traditional to a degree or it wont sell.

Adidas Adidas Adidas Adidas or Adidas. If we can’t get any of them then Umbro please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But how crap? Moan all you like but the diamond ‘thing’ must have been signed off by someone at the club, if you don’t like it take it up with the club not macron.
    the diamond thing was the worst Hibs home kit ever produced.

I said at the time who ever signed it off should have been shown the door.

they can't even get the sizing right ffs

tin pot.

Have to admit I think the Macron kits are a bit too busy and do tend to look more like rugby shirts.

Not sure who I'd want though as what I like about Macron is they don't just give us templates, or at least it doesn't feel that way.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If we are negotiating with a new supplier, who would be doing the negotiating?

Would that normally be Dempsters job or would someone at the club do it and report into her?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Have to admit I think the Macron kits are a bit too busy and do tend to look more like rugby shirts.

Not sure who I'd want though as what I like about Macron is they don't just give us templates, or at least it doesn't feel that way.
    Unfortunately the whole catch about macron offering us bespoke exclusive designs is indeed a myth mate. We get the templates just like we would with any other modern day manufacturer. See Dundee’s home top this season for example

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If we are negotiating with a new supplier, who would be doing the negotiating?

Would that normally be Dempsters job or would someone at the club do it and report into her?
    Not sure but was Dempster not part of a committee that once or twice visited Macron’s HQ in Italy to look at design templates? Perhaps co members of such party would take over should they still be involved with the club, if not I guess it goes straight to Ron.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Exactly. Someone from hibs goes over and and has an input on what the strip is going to look like, it was one of the selling points when the deal was announced. The strips look exactly how the club want them to look.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Have to disagree the amount of clubs using tje adidas template this season and producing horrendous kits, Aberdeen, Fulham, Sheffield utd.

This is the template we'd get

That template is horrendous.

I think I’m with a few others and think Umbro is pretty decent however I’m sure Ron and co are working behind the scenes to secure a new manufacturer!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    Without doubt the best strip and quality by miles where it is what it says on the tin. A large is a large not a x small.
    Adidas haven’t made quality kit for years.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Unfortunately the whole catch about macron offering us bespoke exclusive designs is indeed a myth mate. We get the templates just like we would with any other modern day manufacturer. See Dundee’s home top this season for example

That’s nonsense. Macron allow you to change all colour schemes, collars, sleeve detail, even images added into the main colours. We may well take templates for 2nd or 3rd tops but that’s our choice.

I think we'll be changing purely on the basis that it seems like we're getting rid of all the Macron stock currently and not ordering any new ones of the goalkeeper tops etc. Just feels like we're clearing house for a new manufacturer to come in and punt their gear.

I think its right to change from Macron now, their kits have been okay overall. Some look lovely, some don't look great at all. I also think the sizing is ridiculous these days, but not sure if Macron are the only ones guilty of this in the modern era. I'm a football fan not a player, I don't need it skin tight.

I would like to go back to Adidas, but failing that I'm not dead against something a bit retro with Umbro. I think retro looks are coming back in style/fashion (for me at least ) and would stand out amongst the sort of modern styles been chucked about by every other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Adidas haven’t made quality kit for years.
    I’ve seen a few MLS Adidas strips that are similar to the old school ones from the early 90s that had the 3 stripes over the shoulder. IMO they’re decent and would sell well.

I’m not really arsed who makes our strip, the good thing about the likes of Adidas is the training gear. Been a bit of a mixed bag for me with Macron in terms of the designs but always felt it’s good quality.

I don’t buy the stuff for myself anyway, it’s just for my boy and I think he’d like anything with the Hibs badge on it.

I’ve seen a few MLS Adidas strips that are similar to the old school ones from the early 90s that had the 3 stripes over the shoulder. IMO they’re decent and would sell well.

I’m not really arsed who makes our strip, the good thing about the likes of Adidas is the training gear. Been a bit of a mixed bag for me with Macron in terms of the designs but always felt it’s good quality.

I don’t buy the stuff for myself anyway, it’s just for my boy and I think he’d like anything with the Hibs badge on it.
    I think the MLS done a deal with Addidas where eveey club was supplied by Addidas and evedy xkub had the same template just in their club colours.

I was thinking more about the build quality of the kits. I’ve used Adidas a fair bit for teamwear. We’d quite often have to replace kits during the season. Never had that issue with Joma or Macron. I know fans aren’t bothered about that but Adidas really is cheap tat these days.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Throwing a couple of other potential names in the mix.

Lotto? Like Macron they seem to have some decent stuff.

New Balance? American connection maybe a possibility?

Kelme even? Some nice stuff from the Spanish company.

Anyone but Nike or Adidas with the bang average expensive poor quality template *****.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post

Anyone but Nike or Adidas with the bang average expensive poor quality template *****.

Kappa and Jako. Have a few random shirts by teams made by them both. Decent gear.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Didn't realise Loto still made football Kits.
    Kelme do a few decent strips abroad and think they do Watford?

Kappa is another one.

I’ve always thought the link up with Luke was a bit odd. They made the Aston Villa strips last season, wouldn’t be my first choice but would be interesting to see what they’d come up with.