hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marciano

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... he'll be 32 next birthday and will be looking at retiring in the net 2-3 years.
    He won't have far to walk then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Like others who have been watching since the McLeish era Rocky is head and shoulder above anything I've seen play for us. Does he have a few weaknesses? Yeah but every keeper at this level will do.

I would be delighted to keep him and even at 31 I'd be happy to offer him a 4 year deal and keep him here and settled.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Did it maybe occur to you that he may want to return home after playing the the last 5 years away from home, maybe he feels it's time to return, he'll be 32 next birthday and will be looking at retiring in the net 2-3 years.
    31 for a goalkeeper is nothing. Lives a clean life so could easily have 6 more seasons at our level after this one.
    Would happily offer him a 4 year deal.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Rocky,
    Read this thread. See how much we think of you. Then sign. Oh, by the way, take Jackson into the office with you. Thanks in advance.

31/32 is still young for a keeper.

Leighton was a few years older than that when he signed for us then got back into the Scotland squad.

We'd get another 4 good years (at least) from Rocky

My mind may be playing tricks on me but was there not a suggestion that when Rocky initially joined us, a loan deal iirc, that part of the motivation was to put himself in the shop window for English clubs?

Maybe he has realised that isn't happening now and feels that with a young child and another on the way that now is the time to head home and build a life there. I'm sure he isn't the only person to want to be settled in a 'forever home' to allow continuity of education for their children.

First Team Breakthrough
    Latest report I saw on Marciano is he fancies his chances in the English Premier League.
    I have never been optimistic that he would sign a new deal and it now seems more and more unlikely.
    He is also quoted as saying that he wants to currently concentrate on his game and make up is mind in the summer.
    That might suit him,but it is not helpful to Hibs.
    We are now in the latter stages of the season and if he is going Hibs now need to look for a replacement.
    I will leave others to nominate their candidates.
    I have one question however.If it still considered that Dabrowski is not ready to step up when will he be ready ?

Feels like he’ll be away but will go with best wishes. He’s been a good player for the club and conducted himself well. If he has the opportunity to make a good wedge in the last few years of his career then that’s fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Latest report I saw on Marciano is he fancies his chances in the English Premier League.
    I have never been optimistic that he would sign a new deal and it now seems more and more unlikely.
    He is also quoted as saying that he wants to currently concentrate on his game and make up is mind in the summer.
    We are now in the latter stages of the season and if he is going Hibs now need to look for a replacement.
    I have one question however.If it still considered that Dabrowski is not ready to step up when will he be ready ?
    It looks more likely that not that he will leave us in the summer if you read the article below. I agree its not helpful to Hibs but the Club will hopefully know more than what is in the public domain.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-claim-3157674

Looks like Celtic are keeping an eye on is situation. But I have to say I think Rocky has been a great keeper for us since he arrived and I can only wish him the best what ever he decides. If we still had Bogdan on the books this would not be the issue it could be. I have not seen enough of Macy or Dabrowski to have an informed opinion.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'd love to keep Rocky, but it does look likely he's off. I doubt it'll be to the EPL though, he's good, but I'm not sure he's that good.

I don't see Dabrowski being the replacement. If he was viewed as a potential replacement here then we'd have used him at some point. We don't.

As said above I'm sure the club will know with a bit more certainty what's going to happen.

I wouldn't grudge rocky leaving at all, he's been great for us and I'd love to keep him but he would go with my best wishes.

Seigrest from Utd has been touted a bit this season, I'm also not sure what Bogdans situation is but I'd take him back too (although not sure if he fully recovered from his head knock, hope he's back to full fitness again).

@hibs.net private member
    He has been a good keeper but one of his qualities was those wonder saves. That seems to have deserted him and I thought he may have done better with Saint's winner and quite a few other recent goals. He is poor commanding his area and his kicking is very poor and not improving. I would hope we could find a suitable replacement.

Best keeper I've seen at Hibs and I wouldn't begrudge him a move at all. He's definitely good enough to play a backup role in the Premier League, if that's what he wants.

Also mentioned in his interview that he's very happy at Hibs, so if he doesn't get a tempting offer in England, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    As said above I'm sure the club will know with a bit more certainty what's going to happen.

I wouldn't grudge rocky leaving at all, he's been great for us and I'd love to keep him but he would go with my best wishes.

Seigrest from Utd has been touted a bit this season, I'm also not sure what Bogdans situation is but I'd take him back too (although not sure if he fully recovered from his head knock, hope he's back to full fitness again).
    Seigrist has looked good whenever I’ve seen him play. He’s under contract until May 2022 and so would command a fee.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    It looks more likely that not that he will leave us in the summer if you read the article below. I agree its not helpful to Hibs but the Club will hopefully know more than what is in the public domain.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-claim-3157674

Looks like Celtic are keeping an eye on is situation. But I have to say I think Rocky has been a great keeper for us since he arrived and I can only wish him the best what ever he decides. If we still had Bogdan on the books this would not be the issue it could be. I have not seen enough of Macy or Dabrowski to have an informed opinion.

No doubt Rocky would love a move to Celtc because his family are happily settled in Edinburgh.

Quite easily the best keeper I’ve seen (from memory) of watching Hibs. He has slight flaws in his game but overall a very good keeper. First and foremost from a keeper I want a shot stopper, that’s their job, and Rocky is easily one of the best in the league and his stats back that up. His kicking isn’t anywhere near as bad as some suggest, he’s got rid of his sluggish/laid back attitude with the ball at his feet, and our defence know where they stand in relation to crosses into the box - he’ll come for those he’s certain are his, he’ll leave any which have a doubt and the defence know that. I’d hope he’d go elsewhere but with Celtic desperate for a keeper it wouldn’t surprise me should he end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post

Previously Posted by Mayo Hibee

"Bogdan isn't first choice for Ferencvaros. Has been limited to cup games this season. We could do a lot worse than bring him back if Rocky does go in the summer. Bogdan isn't young but still has two or three good years left in him."

There is no Expiry Date listed on TransferMarkt for Adam Bogdan's contract so he might be available at the end of the season. Hope so he would be a good signing if we could get him.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    As much as a like Rocky and he is a good keeper for us he isn't going to end up in the EPL. Doesn't mean that he won't get a move that will be much better for him financially than signing a new contract with us and if that's his decision then so be it. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Can't really complain when he has given us 5 good years of service, especially in the current climate where we have players itching for a transfer just 6 months after signing for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Great shot stopper but poor distribution and questionable command of his box. Happy if he stays but wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him either. Can I suggest that we value him more given the comparisons to some of the goalkeeping dross served up prior to his arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Great shot stopper but poor distribution and questionable command of his box. Happy if he stays but wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him either. Can I suggest that we value him more given the comparisons to some of the goalkeeping dross served up prior to his arrival?
    Nope, I value him in comparison to the rest of the league, of which he is clearly one of the best around, and the cost of replacing that.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Nothing more than a hunch but I think he’ll sign a new deal.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Nothing more than a hunch but I think he’ll sign a new deal.
    Same here - only because he has previous for sounding like he's offski.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If he's away will Dabrowski be ready to step up to first pick?

He's been a good servant to hibs. No hard feelings if he goes.
    Would be great to get Bogdan back.

By the way, does anyone know Rockies penalty save record? Im inclined to think it's atrocious.
    A good penalty saver is imperative if we ever get VAR.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    I would like to see Dabrowski or Macy get a game in the cup or if we are lucky enough to have 3rd place wrapped up with like 2 games to go would be good to see if these guys can step up, love Rocky and want him to stay but it sounds like he is waiting for a better deal, he may have already signed a pre contract

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If he's away will Dabrowski be ready to step up to first pick?
    He’s out of contact too, needs to play wherever next season

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I think Macey was brought in with a thought towards Ofir not signing a new contract. If Ofir goes, I reckon Macey will get a longer deal and become our No1. Can see Ofir going to the Championship in England. I wouldn't grudge him a move at all.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Rocky has been decent for us , good luck to him if he goes.
    Would have preferred Bogdan to stay at the start of this season.
    If he is not 1st choice back home it would be worthwhile to see if we could get him back on a 2 or 3 year deal.
    He has made his money from playing down so would probably be reasonable easy to deal with.

Re the English Premiership.
    He is asked a question as to whether it is a possibility.
    He can either answer saying he could do a job there or admit that there is no chance of a starting offer from the EPL.
    Hence his answer.

He is out fishing for contracts and will weigh the offers up before coming to a conclusion.
    He says nothing in the interview other than he is keeping is options open.
    It's a whole lot of nothing.

If he makes it clear privately he is off then we really need to see what we have in Macey and Dabrowski. The trouble is we are still in the hunt for 3rd and a trophy so we need to be playing our strongest known team.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years