hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marciano

[QUOwTE=greenlex;6476766]FFS I read that as HIBS. Near shat myself thinking how did I miss that Ron was that way inclined.[/QUOTE]

😂. I actually got a shock when I checked them out and saw they were known as HBS. Anyway, as Joe Newall said, Edinburgh is a great place to live so I hope that helps in Mr and Mrs Rocky's decision making 🙂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Will mean no more of Lennon's signings will remain just over two years since he left. IF he goes.

*Forgot about Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes you're right of course. I'm probably just so pissed off with the whataboutery argument so common these days.
    A handsome apology.By the way I think dealing with crosses is the worst part of his game as sometimes leaving it to a defender is the wrong choice but all round I think he’s the best we’ve had for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    So just any different goalkeeper?

You don't want to keep our quality, international keeper over an unknown? I know which situation has me breathing easier.
    I think some people forget he replaced Mark Oxley. Not having to worry about the goalkeeper is a massive positive.

Happy for you, its all about opinions eh?
    I guess so, I don't really get why a new keeper is better than the quality one we have. We're putting up our best defensive numbers in years, on course to achieve group stage football for the first time ever etc. He is one thing we definitely do not want to replace. Are we actually bad a defending corners?

Not Hibs related but Kilmarnock have agreed a fee for Stuart Findlay from Philadelphia Union and will join up with them before their season starts in April. Killie are definitely relegation candidates.

First Team Breakthrough
    This has to be a windup right? Thats his main quality. He has done that many times, especially against the old firm.
    No windup must be my brain cells as I can’t recall Rocky being the main difference in a Hibs victory over the old firm.Care to enlighten me as happy to be proved wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    No windup must be my brain cells as I can’t recall Rocky being the main difference in a Hibs victory over the old firm.Care to enlighten me as happy to be proved wrong.
    He had some outstanding save a at Ibrox in the 2-1 victory

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    [QUOTE=RoYO!;6476755]Would be good to see some stats re goalkeeper distribution, his long throws are excellent and he is looking constantly to get things moving. I actually think his close skills with the ball at feet are above average too. And yes he punts the occasional ball out the park but which goalie doesnt.

And not just goalies!
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Yeah, no problem. 2-1 win at the end of 17/18 season

0-0 draw the following season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfFbxEeBjmo

2-1 win at Ibrox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQCB0VgkUk

His double save here as good as I've ever seen from a Hibs goalie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRfZWBVIP8

Also had great games in 2-0 win over Celtic with Kamberi and Slivka goals and the 3-2 win at Ibrox just after promotion.

The ship has sailed now but we should have kept Bogdan imo. I think Siegrist from United would be a decent replacement if Rocky goes

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Would be gutted to lose him. Best we’ve had in that position for some time.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    The ship has sailed now but we should have kept Bogdan imo. I think Siegrist from United would be a decent replacement if Rocky goes
    Wouldnt rule out a Bogdan return to be honest

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeah, no problem. 2-1 win at the end of 17/18 season

0-0 draw the following season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfFbxEeBjmo

2-1 win at Ibrox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQCB0VgkUk

His double save here as good as I've ever seen from a Hibs goalie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRfZWBVIP8

Also had great games in 2-0 win over Celtic with Kamberi and Slivka goals and the 3-2 win at Ibrox just after promotion.
    Fair play.Seeing the clips is a reminder of how good a shot stopper he can be but in most of the games highlighted I thought the results were gained collectively in which Rocky definitely played his part .I still feel he was a bit suspect in commanding his box and with the ball at his feet but that I dare say is why he is at Hibs.No doubt one of the better keepers Hibs have had In recent years but if he goes I have confidence we can get a good replacement .

Tremendous goalkeeper who we would find extremely difficult to replace in the long term anyway.

Much rather he stayed for a crack at Europe next year then he can leave IMO.

Addressing your "constantly looking to get things moving" comment. I agree when he has the ball he runs to the edge of the box. Maybe start watching how often he actually finds a decent "get things moving" throw.
    I think it's actually a pretty decent return, or if he sees nothing on he drops back. Not necessarily his fault. Often moves the ball quickly to mcginn who is often looking for the ball and is in space. Is usually charging forward expecting rocky to pick him out.

For the record I think hes been tremendous for us. We have seen some utter guff between the sticks for us in the last couple of decades! I'd be more than happy with a keeper of his quality in goal for us for the foreseeable.. or at least until the champs league money kicks in..

Good keeper, hope we can hang onto him.

Bogdan would have been an expensive option to sit on the bench this season when we needed to make some savings.

I’m a bit more hopeful of Ofir staying now that Lennon has left Celtic, I think Lennon would’ve been interested

If he goes I thank him for his time at Hibs and look forward to Macy's better all round game whilst wishing Bogdan was still here 😀
    Aye right, if you say so.

Rocky is probably the best keeper we've had in my time watching Hibs. Like someone said earlier, you compare him to the likes of Mark Oxley then it's night and day.

Anyone who thinks we can expect to bring another keeper in of his standard is kidding themselves on.

On the whole Rocky has been superb for us. It's easy to pick holes in any players games but he's been generally solid and assured throughout his time here, particularly when he has competition.

Thinking through the goalkeepers I can really remember at Hibs only Leighton and perhaps Anderson have been better than him over a sustained period.

I'd be sad to see him go but I'd totally understand why the chance to return home would be hard to turn down. Equally I'd trust us to replace him adequately.

he certainly would, but sadly I feel he might be Celtic bound.

edit: in saying that, I’m forgetting Lennon’s away so maybe whoever takes over might have different plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    On the whole Rocky has been superb for us. It's easy to pick holes in any players games but he's been generally solid and assured throughout his time here, particularly when he has competition.

Thinking through the goalkeepers I can really remember at Hibs only Leighton and perhaps Anderson have been better than him over a sustained period.

I'd be sad to see him go but I'd totally understand why the chance to return home would be hard to turn down. Equally I'd trust us to replace him adequately.
    Anderson wasn’t at Rocky’s level for me. Been over it before but his legacy lives off that Rangers semi which was superb, his career was fairly drab though. Rocky has done it over a prolonged period for us, and is an ever present in his National team.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Anderson wasn’t at Rocky’s level for me. Been over it before but his legacy lives off that Rangers semi which was superb, his career was fairly drab though. Rocky has done it over a prolonged period for us, and is an ever present in his National team.
    I agree. Marciano is much better than Anderson, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

As a former keeper and sometimes critical of his command of the box I now see one of the best (consistent) keepers we have had. Takes time for another to build the understanding with a defence.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Will mean no more of Lennon's signings will remain just over two years since he left. IF he goes.

*Forgot about Allan.

Leeann dempster signing

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Wouldnt rule out a Bogdan return to be honest
    Is that just an opinion or based on something more ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Keen to play in the same team as Benji apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Apart from 1 year on loan at Royal Excel Mouscron in Belgium this is the longest he and his wife have been out of Israel, it could just be he feels it's time to go back home, he's 31 now and probably got another 2-3 years left at a decent level, his thoughts will be o his future. The longer his contract drags on, the less likely I feel he'll sign, hopefully I' wrong though and if he does go I'd like us to go for the Dundee U keeper.
    there was chat of him going to the Bundeslige over Christmas

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Leeann dempster signing
    She signed Kamberi