hibs.net Messageboard

Best XI, back up XI and Transfers

Something a bit different.

Based on current squad, including those out on loan and due to come back, what does everyone consider to be our best XI and best back up XI?

You can only pick a player once and as such can’t feature in the first pick and back up squad.

Where do you think our back up squad would finish in the league and how would they do overall if given a decent run?

First XI:

...................... Marciano...............

........McGinn.....McGregor.......Hanlon.....

Cadden.......Irvine.......Newell.............Doig. .

.............................Allan..........

..................Nisbet............Boyle......

Back up XI:

............................Macey...............

Gray..........Gogic.............Porteous.....Steve nson

.................Hallberg..........Magennis....

Gullan...................Mallan.................Mu rphy...

..............................Doidge........

Not included;

Dabrowski
    James
    S.McGinn
    Mackie
    Wright
    Murray
    Bradley
    Shanley

I appreciate it’s a bit false having current players in on loan and out on loan to choose from as we would never be in that position. Wright and Mackie would come in for Gullan and Mallan if it was excluding those out on loan with Murphy going central.

But it shows great squad depth and really quality. I actually think the back up XI would do well especially when playing week in week out and building up that sharpness and most importantly confidence of being in a settled team.

I can’t believe I’ve left Porteous out but the mistakes he was making and how we’ve performed with him out the team is what I’m basing it on. He’s a very good player though and is streets ahead of where the other 3 were at his age.

With that squad in mind, who would you be happy to see leave and who/what type of player do you want to see sign?
    Last edited by Unseen work; 24-02-2021 at 05:56 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think we are close to a position of not having a best 11 but a group who can be rotated depending on who we are playing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we are close to a position of not having a best 11 but a group who can be rotated depending on who we are playing.
    Which we will need if we are effectively playing twice a week until Christmas.

Great to see such depth. Who would have thought of a team without Stevenson, Porteous and Doidge at the beginning of the season.